Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: 10k assist club

Postby kblo247 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 pm

Dantoni should have left Duhon in the game and benched Nash. Nothing Nash did deserved for him to be on the court, same rules for Pau apply. Nash has been bad out there, turnovers, wasting clock, got trapped at least 4 times, giving layups up, losing his guy. He should have had his *** plastered to that bench this fourth quarter with Duhon out there on Allen like to start the 4th and the ball in Kobe's hands.

The group of Duhon, Kobe, MWP, Pau, and Deight had a positive rhythm and that went to hell the second Nash entered and started dribbling in one spot and stalling the O, then getting lost on D. That's on Mike.
kblo247

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:19 pm

nash is not a starter on a championship team.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby khmrP on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:22 pm

Sucked!
khmrP

Postby Armani on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:22 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:nash is not a starter on a championship team.

Maybe I shouldn't look at this thread after a loss. :man10:
Armani

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:24 pm

Games like this make me think the game is just too fast and athletic for him. I mean he struggles just to bring the ball up court against his defender. He makes silly turnovers, can't play much D and he just can't break down a defense consistently. He's more of a liability than an asset for long stretches when u look at his overall game.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:26 pm

Armani wrote:

i know the truth hurts.
hollywood swinger

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:27 pm

Nash was bad with the traps. A pass over the trap leads to a dunk.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Kit on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:28 pm

I was scared when Nash was dribbling. Never saw that coming.
Kit

Postby kblo247 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:28 pm

Is anyone arguing that Nash iced Kobe that fourth when he had it going? He literally dribbled for 17 seconds at one point and Kobe had to run out to him and force something. Same thing happened every trip down the closing minutes, he literally dribbled out the clock and couldn't break the pressure and had to be bailed out or was trapped. The one time he wasn't he fell on his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. There's no excuse to say him entering the game didnt kill our offensive and defensive rhythm. The same sets Duhon got into with Kobe, MWP, Pau, and Dwight are the same ones he literally forced into having 8 seconds or less to work with. And he got lost for a layup and a jumper in a tie game. He was bad, Pau has gotten benched for less as has Jamison, he should've been benched because Duhon was better that fourth quarter.

Hell if Nash was going to be out there he shouldn't have had the ball and just spotted up ala fish as that's the only useful sequence he had the fourth quarter, which was Kobe bringing the ball up, posting in an iso, and feeding him an open 3. Nash killed us when we could have who because he couldn't be pressure or traps.

Could Kobe have shot better the first 3 quarters? Yes.
Could Pau have not given the layup line the 3rd quarter? Yes
Could Dwight have hit fts? Yes

But the game was winnable. The Lakers actually had the game until Nash broke their entire rhythm both sides the ball in the fourth. His over dribbling and lack of D hurt us. The guy literally froze Kobe out in the fourths final minutes by dribbling 12-17 seconds in a spot, he literally rendered Dwight useless too as he couldn't make a post entry pass, as Metta bailed him out by coming to the ball and hitting Dwight. And his D well there was none. He should have been benched if Pau was for the same [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. He hurt the team tonight, plain and simple because there was no rhythm out there with him, that even Kobe or Metta were setting that quarter.

Nash has to close better period
Last edited by kblo247 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kblo247

Postby shoe on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:28 pm

He looked old and slow tonight. Miami's trapping P/R defense shut him down.
shoe

Postby karacha on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Not good.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:31 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:
Armani wrote:

i know the truth hurts.

so does getting raped in jail... both are wrong.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Scnottaken on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 pm

I think Dwight needs to keep the screen just a second longer. Seems to love to slip the screen.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby revgen on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:36 pm

Steve caught Pau's concussion tonight.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Jellincon on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:39 pm

Was rendered ineffective tonight. Was sort of exposed in terms of his effectiveness without the pick and roll.
Jellincon

Postby Armani on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:42 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:
Armani wrote:

i know the truth hurts.

:man3:

Sorry dude, 1 game doesn't change his status an elite point guard. Just like Kobe's bad game doesn't change his status as a superstar.

... I know the truth hurts? Or something like that.
Armani

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:45 pm

Steve just can't lose his defender and penetrate consistently. He really does get overwhelmed by the athleticism of the game on a regular basis on both ends. He's been rendered to just a solid starter when u consider his overall impact. He is no longer a great pg. Not in 2013. He just has way too many stretches where he's not contributing or even hurting the team whether on d or just not being able to break down a d or forcing silly turnovers. The athleticism of the game is too much to overcome.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby kblo247 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:47 pm

The last 5 or 6 sequences on a 90-90 game started well under 10 seconds with Nash just dribbling because he couldn't advance the ball vs pressure. We had 0 shot getting a good sequence as long as he had the ball, and yes it's on him that he couldn't get thru the same screens Fisher would and that Duhon got thru in the 4th

Kobe or Metta handling it that fourth were at least muscling Bron and Wade to break it and get to their spots. It was essentially bad seeing Nash need Metta or Kobe to feed Dwight in the post because he couldn't, like he couldn't feed Shaq the one time he played with a post guy in his career.

I think we should have finished with Duhon or took Nash off the ball because literally if we keep track of Kobe's shooting, which was ****, as well as his turnovers, a lot were bailouts because Cole wasn't stupid like Chalmers with letting Nash hook him multiple times to pass him by to break the press.

So literally when Cole played it was Metta or Kobe running to him, Metta made a couple drives, Kobe took some long and fading bailout shots. Nash has to really look at this tape because its worse than his spurs game closing where he couldn't get a shot off at all. There was literally no way we could execute anything when he had the ball vs Norris Cole not Russel Westbrook, Ty Lawson, or Tony Parker but NORRIS COLE. Nash is being hidden on D because he can't guard PGs, so he has to do his job which is execute the O by scoring and actually getting us into sets in a timely manner against the likes of Norris Cole
kblo247

Postby kblo247 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Skip Bayless was right, Jason Kidd fit the needs of the team better than Nash. Kidd literally can operate an offense even today vs a press, and he could D up sgs and rebound the ball. Right now Nash is being hidden on D, doesn't rebound, can't get us in or O or feed the post, and refuses to shoot enough to compensate for his lacking D and penetration

Skip had it right, there was a reason he couldn't get out the west with talent, he just isn't that good even in his prime, especially in 2013
kblo247

Postby Finwë on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:54 pm

Those traps after P&Rs by the Heat really disrupted his game.

I wonder what would happen if we set the same type of screens they were setting all game? (Joel Anthony's illegal screens were particulary obvious). Maybe that way we can get better looks. You know, the same thing OKC (Perkins, mostly) and the Clippers (all of their big men) do.

Either way, our execution on offense down the stretch (last 2 minutes or so) was terrible, and it starts with Nash. He needs to either find a way to get going or get rid of the ball sooner. The Heat's D was brilliant though.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby thisbjgz on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:57 pm

The Laker curse...everyone who comes to the Lakers..get worse.
thisbjgz

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:58 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
hollywood swinger wrote:
Armani wrote:

i know the truth hurts.

so does getting raped in jail... both are wrong.

nash got raped tonight. he made some horrible passes in the 1st half for turnovers. guy only shot 8 times tonight again he is not aggressive. i thought nash was supposed to break down the defense and get D12 a ton of easy dunks this year? :man10:
hollywood swinger

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:59 pm

The Heat did a great job at defending those P&R's. They did a great job of pressuring Nash and forcing him to make tough shots/decisions with the basketball. The athleticism and quickness of the Heat seemed to bother him. If this is the case, and you see this, I'm wondering why MDA didn't adjust. This is where I do miss, Phil. The only only I have ever said that with MDA as a head coach. Phil's in game adjustments were genius...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Armani on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:02 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:The Heat did a great job at defending those P&R's. They did a great job of pressuring Nash and forcing him to make tough shots/decisions with the basketball. The athleticism and quickness of the Heat seemed to bother him. If this is the case, and you see this, I'm wondering why MDA didn't adjust. This is where I do miss, Phil. The only only I have ever said that with MDA as a head coach. Phil's in game adjustments were genius...

What could Phil have done? How in the world would we have stopped LeBron from going MJ?
Armani

Postby dj vitus on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:13 am

Armani wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:The Heat did a great job at defending those P&R's. They did a great job of pressuring Nash and forcing him to make tough shots/decisions with the basketball. The athleticism and quickness of the Heat seemed to bother him. If this is the case, and you see this, I'm wondering why MDA didn't adjust. This is where I do miss, Phil. The only only I have ever said that with MDA as a head coach. Phil's in game adjustments were genius...

What could Phil have done? How in the world would we have stopped LeBron from going MJ?

Not much stopping Mr. MVP. Put Kobe on him instead of Metta? Maybe Clark? He has a little more reach...

But regardless, his Phil post was about MDA adjusting Steve Nash's role after seeing the same trap for the 35th time in a row.

I, too, complained that the Lakers did nothing about it all game long. Made Spoelstra look like a genius. Maybe his is. :man5:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion