Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: 10k assist club

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:59 am

Nash seems to have lost some of his fire, but the whole team has. I'm not sure what would fix it, but when's the last time we saw these guys having fun? And Nash and Howard are fun guys... So is Metta. I haven't seen them having fun in months. It's depressing for us watching, imagine what it's like for them.

As for his impact, what would have him do? He's playing in a system that no one has bought into, trying to set up guys for shots they won't take or make, and he's a 39 year old guy who was never known for his defense to begin with. He's fine. He's not the problem, he's just not been part of the solution either.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:09 am

It was a huge mistake to bring him to this team....if I can choose I would always choose Sessions and one or two young guys over Nash...for his 9 mil we could have Sessions and some young athlete on SG or SF....OK I know Sessions play bad vs OKC but who can stop Westbrook anyway....In this moment and Nash with 40 on his back, Sessions is better player....he can also score, he is really fast and play better defense(weak defense but better then Nash) and he can put 8,9 assists every night....
themasterphil

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:31 am

Sessions instead of Nash? :man10:

He brings another set of problems of his own. Geeze

And besides he ran away because of Mike Brown so theres that

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:41 am

The Rock wrote:Sessions instead of Nash? :man10:

For me Sessions in his age over Nash in his.....yes.......but thats just me..... I was trying to say something else, lets say Sessions and Henderson over Nash....IMO way better solution then 40 years old Nash...
themasterphil

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:42 am

themasterphil wrote:

For me Sessions in his age over Nash in his.....yes.......but thats just me..... I was trying to say something else, lets say Sessions and Henderson over Nash....IMO way better solution then 40 years old Nash...

Did you forget how scared Sessions looked in the playoffs?

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:54 am

themasterphil wrote:if I can choose I would always choose Sessions and one or two young guys over Nash...

Sessions... over Nash...

Sessions... over Nash...

Sessions... over Nash...

therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 am

The Rock wrote:
themasterphil wrote:

No i didnt.....but he is still fairly young player and can learn.....Nash is more experienced but what that means right now.....we cant win a single game with him at PG and he is one of the main reasons for that with his TO....and one more thing Sessions was scared of PO, Nash is scared of Kobe.....he is scared to take the ball from his hands and run the offense, for me thats the scariest thing then be scared of first PO in your career
themasterphil

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:59 am

therealdeal wrote:
themasterphil wrote:if I can choose I would always choose Sessions and one or two young guys over Nash...

Sessions... over Nash...

Sessions... over Nash...

Sessions... over Nash...

yes

yes

yes

come on just tell me one good thing Nash give this team in 40 games this season.....just one thing please??
themasterphil

Postby Psychobroker on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:02 pm

I can't believe his defense is somehow even worse than even Fisher's...
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:06 pm

themasterphil wrote:come on just tell me one good thing Nash give this team in 40 games this season.....just one thing please??

I don't know, tell me how Charlotte's season is going. Or how Sessions looked in the playoffs. Or how that kid tucked his tail between his legs when Kobe got in his face and ran as soon as he could.

Yeah. Let's go get that kid.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:27 pm

therealdeal wrote:
themasterphil wrote:come on just tell me one good thing Nash give this team in 40 games this season.....just one thing please??

I don't know, tell me how Charlotte's season is going. Or how Sessions looked in the playoffs. Or how that kid tucked his tail between his legs when Kobe got in his face and ran as soon as he could.

I asked you a simple Q....i cant see the answer but I can see why, you cant find any good thing Nash give this team until now...me neither.....so for that fact I think its better to have young guy who can develop then old grandpa without any desire or capabilty to play on both ends of the floor.....my last post for this subject..
themasterphil

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:34 pm

themasterphil wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

I asked you a simple Q....i cant see the answer but I can see why, you cant find any good thing Nash give this team until now...me neither.....so for that fact I think its better to have young guy who can develop then old grandpa without any desire or capabilty to play on both ends of the floor.....my last post for this subject..

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Leadership, attitude, ability, assists, sacrifice, shooting. Six things off the top of my head.

get the f*** out with your lightly veiled baiting. :man10: :man10: :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:42 pm

therealdeal wrote:
themasterphil wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Leadership, attitude, ability, assists, sacrifice, shooting. Six things off the top of my head.

get the f*** out with your lightly veiled baiting. :man10: :man10: :man10:

Hell No,No,No, maybe, no, hell no...try again.... :man13: :man13:
themasterphil

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:45 pm

What in the world are you talking about now?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakers_09tv on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:50 pm

Nash will receive a three-year deal for an estimated $27 million because the Suns ultimately agreed to sign-and-trade him to the Lakers, who can absorb Nash via the trade exception they created by dealing Lamar Odom to the Dallas Mavericks in December.

In return, the Suns get four draft picks -- first rounders in 2013 and 2015 and second rounders in 2013 and 2014.

Just saw this on LG. Yikes @ the 4 draft picks. I hope the 2015 pick is lottery protected at least.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby lakers_09tv on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:51 pm

The Rock wrote:
themasterphil wrote:

Well with Nash we aren't even going to make the playoffs.

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:53 pm

therealdeal wrote:What in the world are you talking about now?

about six things you named up there......i didnt see any of them so far from Nash so try again.....i will start for you. Old legs......... :man13: :man13:
themasterphil

Postby lakers_09tv on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 pm

themasterphil wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Pringles most likely isn't our coach if we kept Sessions. That's a huge plus. IMO

lakers_09tv

Postby khmrP on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 pm

themasterphil wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Session is shooting 30% from 3's and 40% from the field, you really think thats gona help this team when we already lack good shooters to help spread the floor?
khmrP

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
The Rock wrote:
themasterphil wrote:

LOL...nice one
themasterphil

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
The Rock wrote:
themasterphil wrote:

Nash also missed the 1st 2 months of the season. Gonna completely ignore that?

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby karacha on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:56 pm

Well, I definitely saw good attitude, shooting and assists. I think poor Nash is just confused, like everyone else. He doesn't know what he is really supposed to be doing. I have never seen a team so confused about their b-ball identity.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakers_09tv on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:56 pm

The Rock wrote:

That's not an argument in his favor.

lakers_09tv

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:57 pm

themasterphil wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

If we make it to the playoffs aren't we better with Nash than with Sessions? Just saying. We're still only 4 games out of the 8th seed so dont get too excited

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:58 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
The Rock wrote:

That's not an argument in his favor.

injuries are also not what Mitch/Jim and the rest of the NBA anticipated. Did we expect him missing games here and there? Sure. but 2 months and 20+ games? Nope. Nobody saw this coming. Nobody predicted this.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion