Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash?

Postby Helljumper on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Ok, this is getting weird now :man10:

therealdeal wrote:Here we go!

Bynum/Artest for Howard/Richardson
Sessions/McRoberts for Nash
Gasol for Iguodala/Vucevic
Re-sign Hill and sign Jamison with the mini-MLE

Nash/Blake/Morris
Bryant/Richardson/Gouelock/Odom
Iguodala/Ebanks/Eyenga
Jamison/Hill
Howard/Vucevic
:jam2:


Me @ 6:57 PM in the Mitch Home Run thread:
Combination of a bunch of rumors that all seem plausible:
Bynum/Metta for Dwight, J-Rich
Pau for Iggy, Vucevic
S&T Sessions for Nash
Sign Jamison for mini-MLE, re-sign Hill and Ebanks

Nash / Blake / Morris
Bryant / Richardson / Johnson-Odom / Goudelock
Iguodala / Ebanks / Eyenga
Jamison / Hill / McRoberts
Howard / Vucevic

Grand slam.


Me @ 6:16 in the Offseason Overhaul thread:
Maybe now we have something to pitch: "Hey Steve, we're about to trade for Dwight and Iggy. Now do you wanna come for cheap and guarantee us a ring?"


You @ 6:13 in the Nash thread:
We're getting Dwight. Maybe iggy. Come for 8 million for 2 years.


Me @ 11:14 AM in the Dwight thread:
If they want us to take back their garbage or give up more than just Drew, we better be getting Ryan Anderson in a sign and trade too.

Bynum, Metta, Goudelock, McBob, 2 Future 1sts for Howard, Richardson, and Anderson (S&T)
Pau for Iggy, Vucevic
Amnesty Blake, Farmar for mini-MLE
Re-sign Sessions, Ebanks, Hill

Sessions / Farmar / Morris
Bryant / Richardson / Johnson-Odom
Iguodala / Ebanks / Eyenga
Anderson / Hill
Howard / Vucevic


You @ 11:25 AM in the Dwight thread:
Check it:

Bynum/Metta for Howard/Richardson

followed by

Gasol/Blake for Iguodala/Vucevic

Re-sign Sessions, Re-sign Ebanks, Re-sign Hill.

Sessions/Morris
Bryant/Richardson/Goudelock/Odom
Iguodala/Ebanks/Eyenga
McRoberts/Hill
Howard/Vucevic

Go find a backup PG for the mini-MLE. Champs.


EDIT: Doc Brown already figured us out!
Lol, I'm still not sure if I'm being trolled or if we just happen to have very similar thoughts about the Lakers around the same time :man10:
Image
User avatar
Helljumper

 
Posts: 14871
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: Steve Nash?

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:15 pm

If we got Nash then Howard would definitely stay.

Nash
Kobe
Pau
Dwight

:man4:
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Steve Nash?

Postby The Original 81 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:17 pm

:man10: :man10:

That's great stuff right there.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
User avatar
The Original 81

 
Posts: 5260
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Steve Nash?

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Helljumper wrote:Ok, this is getting weird now :man10:

therealdeal wrote:Here we go!

Bynum/Artest for Howard/Richardson
Sessions/McRoberts for Nash
Gasol for Iguodala/Vucevic
Re-sign Hill and sign Jamison with the mini-MLE

Nash/Blake/Morris
Bryant/Richardson/Gouelock/Odom
Iguodala/Ebanks/Eyenga
Jamison/Hill
Howard/Vucevic
:jam2:


Me @ 6:57 PM in the Mitch Home Run thread:
Combination of a bunch of rumors that all seem plausible:
Bynum/Metta for Dwight, J-Rich
Pau for Iggy, Vucevic
S&T Sessions for Nash
Sign Jamison for mini-MLE, re-sign Hill and Ebanks

Nash / Blake / Morris
Bryant / Richardson / Johnson-Odom / Goudelock
Iguodala / Ebanks / Eyenga
Jamison / Hill / McRoberts
Howard / Vucevic

Grand slam.


Me @ 6:16 in the Offseason Overhaul thread:
Maybe now we have something to pitch: "Hey Steve, we're about to trade for Dwight and Iggy. Now do you wanna come for cheap and guarantee us a ring?"


You @ 6:13 in the Nash thread:
We're getting Dwight. Maybe iggy. Come for 8 million for 2 years.


Me @ 11:14 AM in the Dwight thread:
If they want us to take back their garbage or give up more than just Drew, we better be getting Ryan Anderson in a sign and trade too.

Bynum, Metta, Goudelock, McBob, 2 Future 1sts for Howard, Richardson, and Anderson (S&T)
Pau for Iggy, Vucevic
Amnesty Blake, Farmar for mini-MLE
Re-sign Sessions, Ebanks, Hill

Sessions / Farmar / Morris
Bryant / Richardson / Johnson-Odom
Iguodala / Ebanks / Eyenga
Anderson / Hill
Howard / Vucevic


You @ 11:25 AM in the Dwight thread:
Check it:

Bynum/Metta for Howard/Richardson

followed by

Gasol/Blake for Iguodala/Vucevic

Re-sign Sessions, Re-sign Ebanks, Re-sign Hill.

Sessions/Morris
Bryant/Richardson/Goudelock/Odom
Iguodala/Ebanks/Eyenga
McRoberts/Hill
Howard/Vucevic

Go find a backup PG for the mini-MLE. Champs.


EDIT: Doc Brown already figured us out!
Lol, I'm still not sure if I'm being trolled or if we just happen to have very similar thoughts about the Lakers around the same time :man10:


Are we the same person?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40336
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Knicks just signed Kidd so they're out of the Nash sweepstakes.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby BadCoaching on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:31 pm

Hummm
User avatar
BadCoaching

 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Kingsama on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:32 pm

So if Mitchell pulls off Nash, Howard, and then lands a decent package of youth/athleticism/cut cost for Pau then this would be the only possible adjective to describe our offseason...


Image
User avatar
Kingsama

 
Posts: 6537
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:41 pm
Location: Tejas

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby kenzo on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:34 pm

I said it many, many times here... Nash is one of my fav players and i would kill to have him on the Lakers. Chance of it happening is around 0.1% though :man6:
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5971
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:35 pm

^ IGUODALA!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40336
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:35 pm

kenzo wrote:I said it many, many times here... Nash is one of my fav players and i would kill to have him on the Lakers. Chance of it happening is around 0.1% though :man6:

They're much higher than that. Probably around 20%.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Here's the thing, the Lakers are only in the mix once trades start dropping. The first dominoes go and then maybe, just maybe, we can include Nash in with those dominoes. The first one is Dwight. The second one is what we do with Pau. The third would be Nash.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40336
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby GoldHammish on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Guys guys! Why don't we throw him the big bucks, like Steve Blake/15 million dollars in a sign and trade! I understand the CBA, this works!
User avatar
GoldHammish

 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Venti Quattro on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:43 pm

therealdeal wrote:Here's the thing, the Lakers are only in the mix once trades start dropping. The first dominoes go and then maybe, just maybe, we can include Nash in with those dominoes. The first one is Dwight. The second one is what we do with Pau. The third would be Nash.


IMO, with Deron Williams agreeing to sign with the Nets, the next player in line is Nash. If the Lakers can make something happen there, it makes their case with Dwight easier. After you have Nash and Dwight in hand, you can then make the decision with Pau.
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
User avatar
Venti Quattro

 
Posts: 2815
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Burke, VA

Re: Steve Nash?

Postby revgen on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:43 pm

The Rock wrote:SMH

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/220334530345701379

Regarding Nash-to-Lakers, I'd be surprised if Phoenix would be too eager to cooperate in a sign & trade with their Pacific Division rivals.


A little tidbit I'd like to add courtesy of Larry Coon and his CBAFAQ

A sign-and-trade deal can be made with a free agent who has been renounced


Another team can do a S&T with Nash instead of Phoenix.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby last stand on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:46 pm

I never even knew that was possible
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby marcelo on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Boy I wish I could just stay away from CL or any other NBA news for a few weeks. Can't take this anymore.
marcelo

 
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:21 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Steve Nash?

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:50 pm

revgen wrote:A little tidbit I'd like to add courtesy of Larry Coon and his CBAFAQ

A sign-and-trade deal can be made with a free agent who has been renounced


Another team can do a S&T with Nash instead of Phoenix.


I take that to mean that a team that has renounced its own free agent can still do a sign-and-trade with that player. I don't think it means any team can sign and trade another team's renounced free agent. I could be wrong.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
User avatar
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 13091
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:35 pm
Location: http://twitter.com/hosesway

Re: Steve Nash?

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
revgen wrote:A little tidbit I'd like to add courtesy of Larry Coon and his CBAFAQ

A sign-and-trade deal can be made with a free agent who has been renounced


Another team can do a S&T with Nash instead of Phoenix.


I take that to mean that a team that has renounced its own free agent can still do a sign-and-trade with that player. I don't think it means any team can sign and trade another team's renounced free agent. I could be wrong.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40336
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:54 pm

^ I'm pretty sure you are right. Once signed by someone else, has to wait before trade. On my phone. Can't type well.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46558
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Kingsama on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:03 pm

With Gordon going to PHX I wonder if there is a way that the Lakers could slide into a potential S&T as a third team.
User avatar
Kingsama

 
Posts: 6537
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:41 pm
Location: Tejas

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Helljumper on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:03 pm

GoldHammish wrote:Guys guys! Why don't we throw him the big bucks, like Steve Blake/15 million dollars in a sign and trade! I understand the CBA, this works!


Is this supposed to be an impersonation of a certain member? If so, good job :man10:
Image
User avatar
Helljumper

 
Posts: 14871
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Finwë on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:08 pm

Ishaan Mishra ‏@source24
Lakers could sign and trade Nash using TPE and he could get 9 million in the first year of his contract. More than in Toronto or Phoenix.

Amnesty Blake and trade Pau for a package of players while shedding some salary (Minny / Philly). Trade Bynum for D12.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Kingsama on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:10 pm

Finwë wrote:
Ishaan Mishra ‏@source24
Lakers could sign and trade Nash using TPE and he could get 9 million in the first year of his contract. More than in Toronto or Phoenix.

Amnesty Blake and trade Pau for a package of players while shedding some salary (Minny / Philly). Trade Bynum for D12.



But why does Pheonix do it? Can they package picks with the TPE?
User avatar
Kingsama

 
Posts: 6537
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:41 pm
Location: Tejas

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Helljumper on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Kingsama wrote:
Finwë wrote:
Ishaan Mishra ‏@source24
Lakers could sign and trade Nash using TPE and he could get 9 million in the first year of his contract. More than in Toronto or Phoenix.

Amnesty Blake and trade Pau for a package of players while shedding some salary (Minny / Philly). Trade Bynum for D12.



But why does Pheonix do it? Can they package picks with the TPE?


Yeah, I'm pretty sure picks can be included. I'd think the only reason they'd do it is out of respect to Nash if he tells them that it's what he wants. He's leaving anyways, and Phoenix isn't contending any time soon, so they might as well help facilitate Nash going to a contender while getting a pick or two.
Image
User avatar
Helljumper

 
Posts: 14871
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Kingsama on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Helljumper wrote:
Kingsama wrote:Amnesty Blake and trade Pau for a package of players while shedding some salary (Minny / Philly). Trade Bynum for D12.



But why does Pheonix do it? Can they package picks with the TPE?


Yeah, I'm pretty sure picks can be included. I'd think the only reason they'd do it is out of respect to Nash if he tells them that it's what he wants. He's leaving anyways, and Phoenix isn't contending any time soon, so they might as well help facilitate Nash going to a contender while getting a pick or two.[/quote]

If they could pull that off it would be amazing. I would gladly give up pick(s), maybe including a late first, for Nash at this point.
User avatar
Kingsama

 
Posts: 6537
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:41 pm
Location: Tejas

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], raviator and 12 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.