Steve Nash on ESPNLA now!

Steve Nash on ESPNLA now!

Postby mikewins on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:13 pm

On with Max and Marsallus. Don't know how to spell that guy's name.
mikewins

Re: Steve Nash on ESPNLA now!

Postby Legendary on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Thanks.

Can't stand Marcellus (Clipper lover), but I'll give it a listen.

Here's the link for anyone who's lazy:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play
Legendary

Postby Nashty Gal on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:20 pm

my internet is lagging. someone kindly post the nashtyness
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:03 pm

There could be more, but this is what I got off Twitter.....

ESPNLA 710 Radio ‏@ESPNLA710
Nash: "Lost a few hours of sleep over it (Lakers struggles)"
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

26m ESPNLA 710 Radio ‏@ESPNLA710
Nash: "I don't think you could really say it hasn't worked yet because we really haven't seen Pau yet...He never really got off yet"
Expand

28m ESPNLA 710 Radio ‏@ESPNLA710
Nash on Gasol: "He just hasn't found comfort yet...we haven't seen a healthy Pau Gasol who believes in what he did this summer"
Expand

29m ESPNLA 710 Radio ‏@ESPNLA710
Nash on Kobe: "He grinds it out everyday. What more can you ask for? He sacrifices."
Expand

31m ESPNLA 710 Radio ‏@ESPNLA710
Nash: Kobe takes a helicopter to-and-from (home to practice/game) to save his knees
Expand

33m ESPNLA 710 Radio ‏@ESPNLA710
Nash on shooting more: "Ideally, I'd love to shoot more...with the injuries, its been the opposite-I gotta create opportunities for others"
Expand

43m ESPNLA 710 Radio ‏@ESPNLA710
Nash on Earl Clark: He's got so many skills to add to the team. His versatility, his energy...he can really do good things for us
Expand

48m ESPNLA 710 Radio ‏@ESPNLA710
Nash on edits for season: "The goal right now is to make the playoffs...I'd be lying if I didn't admit to that. Our goal is to not give up"
Expand

52m ESPNLA 710 Radio ‏@ESPNLA710
.@SteveNash: "We're thinking about offense, when we should be thinking about defense" LISTEN: http://es.pn/RfXDFW
View summary
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby SK8 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:15 pm

Umm is he serious about Kobe and helicopter? Man that's crazy, and that will sure not save he's knees, MDA is the one who should save his knees by resting him more.....
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:15 pm

I'm really tired of hearing about how good Pau is and how he just hasn't had enough time or opportunity yet, and I really hope rumors from the past aren't true that he won't be traded because Nash wants him here.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:32 pm

"We're thinking about offense, when we should be thinking about defense"

IMO, directed at Pau and Dwight somewhat pouting because the offense doesn't always run through them; and also directed at Kobe rationing way too much energy for offense and practically none for defense.

There was also a huge jab at Pau that I can't remember word for word. Paraphrasing:
"We have to ask ourselves how we can work to fit into the system, not how the system can work to fit us."
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:36 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:Umm is he serious about Kobe and helicopter? Man that's crazy, and that will sure not save he's knees, MDA is the one who should save his knees by resting him more.....

hes been taking a helicopter for a few years now since he doesnt like sitting in traffic. steve blake even used the helicopter to fly to the doctor to get his mri.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby The Rock on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:41 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:Umm is he serious about Kobe and helicopter? Man that's crazy, and that will sure not save he's knees, MDA is the one who should save his knees by resting him more.....

hes been taking a helicopter for a few years now since he doesnt like sitting in traffic. steve blake even used the helicopter to fly to the doctor to get his mri.

Was it an MRI or was it an ultrasound :man10:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby dj vitus on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:35 pm

But Kobe needs to score all the points he can score before he gets too old. :man9:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:06 am

I'm starting to suspect that Nash and Kobe and really everyone is fed up with Gasol at this point. I'm going to start looking back at older quotes and maybe see if we've all been wrong assuming certain quotes were meant for certain people.

If I were Nash and if I were Kobe, I'd be telling the Busses and Kupchak to move on. If a healthy Nash, a healthy Kobe, and a workhorse Howard can't motivate the guy then nothing in LA can. He needs to go.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:08 am

therealdeal wrote:I'm starting to suspect that Nash and Kobe and really everyone is fed up with Gasol at this point. I'm going to start looking back at older quotes and maybe see if we've all been wrong assuming certain quotes were meant for certain people.

If I were Nash and if I were Kobe, I'd be telling the Busses and Kupchak to move on. If a healthy Nash, a healthy Kobe, and a workhorse Howard can't motivate the guy then nothing in LA can. He needs to go.

Go back two years ago where Kobe said, "Guys can't be satisfied with two championships."
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:42 pm

The Rock wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:

Was it an MRI or was it an ultrasound :man10:

:man10: cold....
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Punk-101 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I'm starting to suspect that Nash and Kobe and really everyone is fed up with Gasol at this point. I'm going to start looking back at older quotes and maybe see if we've all been wrong assuming certain quotes were meant for certain people.

Go back two years ago where Kobe said, "Guys can't be satisfied with two championships."

I don't think it's satisfaction that's ultimately been responsible for his mental break down. Whatever started it, it happened in the 2011 playoffs. I think he mentally shook there. Then he got traded and I think he collapsed mentally.

There were rumors of Pau's girlfriend cheating on him or something. That may have been it.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby bystander on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:26 pm

There were rumors of Pau's girlfriend cheating on him or something. That may have been it.

not this [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] again
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:32 pm

bystander wrote:

not this [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] again

Like I said, rumors.

Relax bystander. I never bought into those rumors, all I'm saying is that SOMETHING changed in the playoffs of 2011. Maybe you know something we don't?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby bystander on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:28 pm

Nope, all i know is Pau had an awful playoffs that year, that he was looking out of gas. Since then he was asked to be a third option, then traded, then asked to shoot 3s playing outside the perimeter and other things while being injured and he doesn't get any respect at all from many fans. That's what i know.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:09 pm

bystander wrote:Nope, all i know is Pau had an awful playoffs that year, that he was looking out of gas. Since then he was asked to be a third option, then traded, then asked to shoot 3s playing outside the perimeter and other things while being injured and he doesn't get any respect at all from many fans. That's what i know.

And when he's been fed in the post this season, what's happened? What's been the result? When he's played alongside Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, and Kobe Bryant has he looked better? Has he looked like he belongs?

Has he boxed out? Has he challenged shots? Has he hustled after loose balls?

I saw the slightest of upticks when he first came back after injury. Then he went back to his old ways. If he's not able to give us 100% every night like Clark is, then we need to move on. Simple as that.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Discussion