Stretch four? Stretch this. Hill Needs to Start ...

Stretch four? Stretch this. Hill Needs to Start ...

Postby sister golden hair on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:10 pm

... and end games as well. he should be on the floor for as long as his body permits. His energy is both necessary and infectious. His activity on the boards provide secnd-change opportunities. He's not afraid to mix it up.

What the hell is MDA waiting for?
sister golden hair

Re: Stretch four? Stretch this. Hill Needs to Start ...

Postby LoyalLakerfan44 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:43 pm

MDA has a hard on for point guards, small lineups and perimeter shooters. Has no idea of the importance of an inside game, interior defense, and rebounding. Only worries about spacing and his stupid run around 3 point shooting offense. Those guys barely beat the Hawks because they were completely fatigued by the fourth quarter (just listen to Kamans statements after the game). It's going to be like that all year, his game pacing is horrible and his system is not adaptable to his players. Needs to set up a regular system for his players so that they know when they are going to be in, not this stupid change of lineup every game. Very poor coaching at all levels all ready seeing it by the players reactions after the game.
LoyalLakerfan44

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:00 am

He should start Hill, he has already a stretch center in Pau lol
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby TheOp on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:11 am

Hill and Pau would make a great frontline imo. Pau is capable of being a power forward on offense, but at the other end he has to guard centers or he'll be exposed.
TheOp

Postby LooN3y on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:43 am

TheOp wrote:Hill and Pau would make a great frontline imo. Pau is capable of being a power forward on offense, but at the other end he has to guard centers or he'll be exposed.

and have Pau guard the stretch 4's of the league?

in the spurs game they had Pau and Hill late in the 4th and diaw hit a crucial 3 which none of them went after.

because if its pau, hes damn sure not gonna run out to the 3pt line.
LooN3y

Postby noobiew on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:19 am

I am not asking for Mike D'Antoni to start Jordan Hill, however he should at least give him a minimum 20 minutes per game, his energy and rebounding is very important to us, whenever Jordan Hill on the court he delivers, so Hill definitely deserves the minutes.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby TheOp on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:33 am

LooN3y wrote:
TheOp wrote:Hill and Pau would make a great frontline imo. Pau is capable of being a power forward on offense, but at the other end he has to guard centers or he'll be exposed.

and have Pau guard the stretch 4's of the league?

in the spurs game they had Pau and Hill late in the 4th and diaw hit a crucial 3 which none of them went after.

because if its pau, hes damn sure not gonna run out to the 3pt line.

Thats what why I said to start Hill because he can guard power forwards. He is quick enough to handle them. Pau has to guard centers cause hes too slow.
TheOp

Postby sister golden hair on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:06 am

noobiew wrote:I am not asking for Mike D'Antoni to start Jordan Hill, however he should at least give him a minimum 20 minutes per game, his energy and rebounding is very important to us, whenever Jordan Hill on the court he delivers, so Hill definitely deserves the minutes.

This is probably the best we can hope for, given MDA's predilections. Hill needs the bulk of the minutes at the four, IMO. His rebounding is a positive multiplier force for this team.

I credit him big time for the win over the Hawks. He had a couple of extremely key rebounds down the stretch that, frankly, had he not been in there those become Hawks rebounds.
sister golden hair

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:13 am

noobiew wrote:I am not asking for Mike D'Antoni to start Jordan Hill, however he should at least give him a minimum 20 minutes per game, his energy and rebounding is very important to us, whenever Jordan Hill on the court he delivers, so Hill definitely deserves the minutes.

i was about to post this...not necessarily start but definitely more run
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby TIME on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:33 am

I'm ok with Predator coming off the bench, but, he has got to get minimum 30 minutes a night.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby denimPortugal on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:44 am

TIME wrote:I'm ok with Predator coming off the bench, but, he has got to get minimum 30 minutes a night.

This!!
denimPortugal

Postby revgen on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Let's think about this for a minute.

The whole point of having a stretch 4 is to make the defense pay for "cheating" off that stretch 4 and helping on penetration. Right?

Guess what? You can't "cheat" on Jordan Hill either. If the defender leaves Jordan Hill two feet to challenge penetration, that two feet is all Jordan needs to establish position and grab the offensive rebound. He's that good. You have to stick to him like white on rice or he's going to grab the board and secure an extra possession for the Lakers. So in essence, he has a similar impact on a game as a stretch 4 would.

The problem is that D'Antoni can't seem to see this. He's so close-minded with his stretch 4 philosophy that he can't seem to notice that Hill provides the same impact.

On the other side of the coin, unlike Johnson or Williams, Hill has the strength, length, and athleticism to guard 4's. He also does a good job of help and recovery.

Bottomline, there is no reason not to play him.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby snackdaddy on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:40 pm

14 minutes a game is nowhere near enough for Hill. He's averaging over 3 offensive rebounds in those limited minutes.

In the Clipper game, when he wasn't getting the offensive rebound, he was tapping it away from the Clipper players and we got more possessions. Plus, he's shooting 73 percent from the field.

I don't understand Dantoni's thought process. Then again, who does?
snackdaddy

Postby Juronimo on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:42 pm

We all know Jordan Hill should start, or at least play more minutes than he does. Tell that to damnphony.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby Toklat on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:13 pm

I will have to admit it is odd that MD is the last one on planet earth to see this.. I have supported MD but not playing Hill around 30 minutes a game is unsupportable. MD has said that the players will decide who gets the minutes and Hill has definitely earned his. Jordan is the type of player every other coach in the league would love to have.
Toklat

Return to Lakers Discussion