Stu Lantz

Stu Lantz

Postby IloveLA on Fri May 23, 2003 12:33 pm

Stu Lantz is getting the shaft...you mean to tell me when its playoff time and if the lakers are in the finals and the only voice we will listen to from any laker announcer is Larry burnett and maybe michael thompson i understand that television ABC has rights to show the games so that cancels out paul and stu but on the radio side we will have larry burnett and michael thompson and not stu lantz how can it be....why is that possible stu lantz is a staple in laker announcing what is the laker franchise thinking i will do everything in my power to have stu lantz some how some way BE INVOLED IN ANOUNOCING THE PLAYOFF GAMES THAT ARE NOT ON FOX SPORTS if i were involed in the laker francise ...i give a poor grade to the laker franchise to that horrible decision paul sunderland is terrible and larry burnett{a guy who used to have the thickest mustache in television back in the day on a station called pime ticket}and michael thompson terrible decision also he has the worst lisp since cindy brady of the brady bunch..........boy this makes chickie baby more missed than ever......boo hoo
IloveLA

Postby clublakers on Fri May 23, 2003 1:30 pm

hmmm.. good point. I wonder if Stu and Sundy would get the radio call if there is no TV broadcast? That would make sense.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Reddy on Fri May 23, 2003 1:31 pm

I love hearing their voices!

but Chick is and will always be numbah 1! :bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 23, 2003 6:50 pm

"paul sunderland is terrible"

Please tell me that was a typo cause I LOVE Sundy's style...second only to Chick...
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri May 23, 2003 10:20 pm

Ever since the NBA went from NBC to ABC it started sucking!!! Their announcers SUCK!! the REFS even suck!! WCF is SUCKING!!! I bet the finals will suck!! .. The Basketball theme song they use SUCKS!! how does it go again?..... "we got game?" WTF!!! I guess its not about love anymore.... remember " I love NBA" that was a cool motto. To top it all off. In our own home town we don't get to hear STU Lantz!! He is the only link we have left with CHICK and they are going to take him away also!!!! I like listening to STU's insights on games. I HATE what the NBA is doing and how this Laker organization is handling the Stu Lantz issue.

When DAVID STERN decided to go for the bigger bucks with ABC other that NBC things started to change. Did you know that for the first playoffs series none of it was televised on Regular TV!!! The games was either on ESPN or TNT. What about those little kids who don't have cable TV. They don't get to see their heroes. Instead they have to listen to the radio and wait for the morning paper. These kids are the future fans of the NBA and they we deprived of seeing their heroes. This is possibly the worst thing that could have happen to the NBA. Thank you STERN you [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] it all up and now with this Lebron James Circus Show...... 90 million!!!! for what? He didn't even set foot on the NBA courts. Giving a kid that much money..... to an immature kid. Remember, He's materialistic, he didn't give a fu@k about his teammates when he let them down. He couldn't play because of the HUMMER incident and etc. He is just a side show while the REAL NBA PLAYERS are playing the REAL BALL.

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

KOBE OUR TRUE MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 23, 2003 11:19 pm

OMG...this isn't even right!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat May 24, 2003 12:08 pm

Yes, I also love Stu and Sunderland. They are great, of course no one will ever meet the greatness of Chicky baby, but Sunderland did a wonderful job. I hope him and Stu stay strong...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat May 24, 2003 1:37 pm

With all these Laker Hater announcers in ABC, ESPN, and TNT, it so refreshing to hear Stu and Sundy. Someone who looks out for our interest and bleed Laker purple and gold. Hope we can still hear them somehow in the FINALS.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Sat May 24, 2003 2:27 pm

I heard Stu in an interview right around the time that this stupidity was announced. Stu said that Chick told him if they ever decide to split the broadcast between TV and radio take the TV. So like it or not (which I don't) Stu is following the advice of Chick.

Boy, was I ticked when I FINALLY get an away game so I can see it on TV, only to rush home turn on the set and get "Wheel of Fortune"( Yeah, I got a vowel for you alright, with a few well timed consonants included.)
I even wrote an email to TNT, thanking them for being so greedy and taking away what has been our right since NBA on television.
Without Chick, this has gotten to be a travesty. The money is once again destroying what was once a good thing.
Shame. :man2:
Slayer Alstarx

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat May 24, 2003 2:33 pm

I agree with the money is the most important thing assessment. All TNT, ESPN, and ABC care about is the mighty dollar.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 24, 2003 3:41 pm

Yea... and what I like most about Stu and Sundy, is that they really don't show preference towards the Lakers when broadcasting. They give the other teams credit, and they do their job very professionally.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Sat May 24, 2003 8:19 pm

tom tolbert should die. stu should live.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 24, 2003 8:25 pm

This sux... Tolbert and Walton don't do anything but root for the winnin team.. All they do is fight and argue while on the air, and Nessler is the only one who's actually attemptin tha play by play.. Even though they dont do radio, it would be more interesting to the games if they did play by play... Cuz they make the games seem so boring... and after every other word Waltons sayin throw it down big guy... UUUUH! :bang: :mad1: :disagree:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun May 25, 2003 5:50 pm

LG, LOL... your right, BILL WALTON's catch phrase "throw it down big guy"
has gotta be the WORST catch phrase. Marv Alberts " yes and it counts" comes third..... and in second place has to be the CLippers anouncer... " BINGO" DAMN they all sound so IRRITATING!!!!
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 25, 2003 5:52 pm

LOL@BINGO!! LMAO!! :man10: :man10: and the way he also says Los Angeles... man, he's comedy!! Marv's... YEEEEEESSS! lmao!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu May 29, 2003 6:47 pm

Well Sundy certainly isn't terrible, I praise him for doing such a great job filling in for Chick. Can you Imagine having to fill in for a legend like Chick? Its no easy task and under the circumstances I think Paul has done a remarkable job.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Return to Lakers Discussion