To Sum up my thoughts on Malone And Payton... I will say...

To Sum up my thoughts on Malone And Payton... I will say...

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:00 am

First off, you idiots saying Malone (who is an old dinasour but fit as hell, in shape badass foward) wouldn't benefit the team are absolutly crazy!

And Payton... Well if we get Payton, we are immediatly (without a doubt) back in the hunt.

It looks like he is trying to say to Mitch, get me on the team, not worried about the money, sign me, and let's get Payton.

I think this is going to change us from average, or above average to superior.

Payton and Malone!!? It's possible, that just might be the thing that makes me jump up and down a few times... This is going to get good, real soon people...

To sum it up, with Kobe in fit shape and his refurbished skills, Shaq finally being in Shape in the off season for the first time since 1996, a good selection on foward draft picks... And adding Malone and or Payton... Get real, this is real good news, and I'm very impressed so far.

And that's my 2 cents...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby lakers frizzo on Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:08 am

i posted a similar post last night i think this might happen and if it does we have our team set for the next two years minimum and with payton teaching pargo how to up his defence pargo will only get better. and lets not even talk about how good walton and cook can be with a karl malone or a mourning on the team teaching them the ins and outs and think of how much benefit shaq could get from a malone work ethic on the team if it could work out (hed be 320 and angry again). my only complaint is that it would be fair to no other team in the world............and remember the bulls were great and they(for a different set of reasons with jordans dad and all) couldnt win four in a row either. this would be the best lakers team weve assembled in the last ......well.........ever!!!!
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:20 am

4real... Even though both players are aging, imagine having both Payton and Malone playing alongside Kobe and Shaq! That's amazing! GP seems a lil' money hungry, and I don't like that, but I'm sure if he gets his money, he'll want that title more. I know Malone's days are numbered, so he'll try his best to fit that spot we've been lookin for.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:21 am

Does any body know how far below(or above) we are to the salary(luxury) tax line??????

Since we did not pick up Horry's option, I know we freed up some money for next year.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Coppertop on Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:15 pm

Regarding Horry, when we failed to exercise his option, we basically lost that 5.3 mil for good. Since we are over the cap (which is somewhere in the range of 42-44 mil.), we can't use that money on a player that isn't already on our team. Horry's money situation has no bearing on our ability to sign free agents in anyway as far as the league rules are concerned, but obviously it does as far as Mr. Buss is concerned. So regardless, we are left with our exceptions, draft picks and sign-and-trades.
Coppertop

Postby Coppertop on Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:16 pm

We are somewhere between 8-10 mil over the cap as far as I can gather. Check out hoopshype.com's salary section for more specifics.
Coppertop

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:18 pm

Thanks Coppertop!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Laker brain on Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:30 pm

Karl Malone really needs to sign for less, especially to gain respect from the fans, there are many fans that dislike him because of his ignorance to the HIV virus, and when utah eliminated us from the playoffs;.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:38 pm

Guys,

If you had a choice, which jersey would you get first.

Payton or Malone?????

Both look great in purple and gold.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Payton fo sho

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:53 pm

I'd be wearin 20 fo sho. I have always loved payton's game becuz I believe even though he was limited out there in seattle with his teammates (excluding the golden years with kemp and getting to the finals against the bulls), he always adapted and played his heart out. If he gets to LaLaland, i feel we will see another dimension to his game. I have only one concern and I hope it does not become an issue next year. Malone is definitely earning points with the fans if he takes the LLE so that the Lakers can land GP, but what happens next year scoring wise after shaq and kobe? How will the settle who will be the 3rd and 4th scoring option especially since we know that it is Malone's wish to break Kareem's scoring title. Will GP say, oh you sacrificed the money so I'll sacrifice myself to be the 4th go-to guy. I feel that it can all be cleared up if one of them embraces a 6th man role to be our catalyst of the bench. But who's gonna sacrifice their ego?
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:58 pm

Me too V17.

I think that Malone can still get his record, even if Payton is there scoring for us. Someone did an estimation and Malone only needs to average 12 points a game to get the scoring record in 2 years.

I'll take it if Malone averages 15 points 8 rebounds a game and Payton adds in 12 points and 7.5 assists a game.

They might do even better.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Guest on Fri Jul 04, 2003 5:38 pm

I thought Malone needed to avg. 18 points per game..?

Postby Guest on Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:19 pm

i thought it was 18.8 for the next two years?? for the lakers hell squeek by in 2006(middle of third year at 43 years old) for the title and i think that was part of the coaxing to get him in a lakers uniform hopefully it sure would be if i was the gm!! thye scoring title should stay in la along with the next three to six titles(at least two lets see what miracles mitch can do next year with kobe and the exemptions) :man13:
poor cuban he wants a title sooooo badd and it looks like it wont come this decade!

Postby lakers frizzo on Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:29 pm

sorry didnt log in its me
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby Guest on Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:52 pm

C - Shaquille O'Neal
PF - Karl Malone
SF - Rick Fox
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Gary Payton

Do I smell a ring?

I totally agree with you Ld2k. It's almost like your on the same thought train as me.

:

Postby JSM on Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:11 pm

I think you smell multiple rings, for at least 3 more seasons. And it will probably be George instead of Fox though.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:01 pm

Why start Fox when we can rest him more on the bench and bring in his explosive and brilliant play in times of need?

Besides George is unbeilevably athletic, and boy is he getting better and better every night.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to Lakers Discussion