Summer League / Camp Players Discussion: CDR, Selby

Re: Lakers Sign Chris Douglas-Roberts

Postby JSM on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:06 am

A RT of the above article with a tidbit...
ramonashelburne ‏@ramonashelburne

@ESPNLandoLakers with a nice Q&A with CDR, who I hear the Lakers are high on
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:22 am

Good read JSM ... Lakers fans are sleeping on the K brothers blog ( well they handle most of this Lakers blog) ... I like their articles
wcsoldier81

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:59 am

Great read, really expect CDR to make the team & contribute during the season.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:30 am

Better NBA player than our other younger players. Mitch has some decisions to make for the final line up.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby bluedawgalex on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:39 am

that article shows why cdr is a better option than ebanks at this point. Much more polished and nba ready.

i noticed that cleveland is gonna release 3 players with fully guaranteed contracts

if in fact cdr IS a better option for us i dont see why we cant release a few players that WONT help us just because their contracts are guaranteed :bang:
bluedawgalex

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:34 am

Looking at the general plan in the Lakers FO and how they are in WIN NOW mode, CDR should make it because he can contribute NOW. Whereas guys like Glock/Morris/DJO they are still projects and you can get projects in every draft any year.

I'd be fine with....

Kobe / Meeks / CDR
MWP / Ebanks / CDR

CDR as the 5th wing player with the potential to contribute now and on the cheap should be a no brainer. That gives us some solid depth in that area.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:36 am

Doc Brown wrote:Looking at the general plan in the Lakers FO and how they are in WIN NOW mode, CDR should make it because he can contribute NOW. Whereas guys like Glock/Morris/DJO they are still projects and you can get projects in every draft any year.

I'd be fine with....

Kobe / Meeks / CDR
MWP / Ebanks / CDR

CDR as the 5th wing player with the potential to contribute now and on the cheap should be a no brainer. That gives us some solid depth in that area.

^^ I absolutely agree with you Doc.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:38 am

Not to mention, he's been our best bench player so far in the preseason and from the tweets one of the people in training camp turning heads.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:47 am

Doc Brown wrote:Not to mention, he's been our best bench player so far in the preseason and from the tweets one of the people in training camp turning heads.

Who be tweeting that? Good to hear. No opinion here as I have NO Lakers television coverage :bang: :bang:

Except for the great 10 minute highlight clip of the 2nd game against Portland. Actually did see CDR knock down a three. Thank you CaCHooKa Man :bow:
LTLakerFan

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:50 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Not to mention, he's been our best bench player so far in the preseason and from the tweets one of the people in training camp turning heads.

Who be tweeting that? Good to hear. No opinion here as I have NO Lakers television coverage :bang: :bang:

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Brown said both Jodie Meeks & Chris Douglas-Roberts turned some heads in practice today.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

With Kobe out, Chris Douglas-Roberts - who has impressed LAL's coaches in camp - will get an early look here. 23-18 POR so far.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:01 am

Lakerjones wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Looking at the general plan in the Lakers FO and how they are in WIN NOW mode, CDR should make it because he can contribute NOW. Whereas guys like Glock/Morris/DJO they are still projects and you can get projects in every draft any year.

I'd be fine with....

Kobe / Meeks / CDR
MWP / Ebanks / CDR

^^ I absolutely agree with you Doc.

Definitely. I like Darius Johnson-Odom and his athleticism, but if we're trimming fat off the roster it simply can't be CDR for the sake of it.

The rotation you've got outlined looks great and NBA depth can't be faked. Give me CDR all day long.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:53 am

Wait, didn't Smush just say Kobe is a bad teammate? :man10:
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Weezy on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:17 am

I wonder where the stories of Kobe "not liking guys" or being a bad teammate come from if they seemingly turn out to not be true most of the time. Kobe taking CDR "under his wing" wouldn't be the first time that's happened, it seems to happen with at least one guy per season, he did it with Ariza, Shannon Brown, and other rookies or young guys have said similar things before.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 am

Also I remember some incredible quotes by Caron Butler, who was here for just one year.

We know Kobe, I believe we will be a great teammate with those who work hard, but he can be a real ******** with guys who don't.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby therealdeal on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:54 pm

Magic Skywalker wrote:Also I remember some incredible quotes by Caron Butler, who was here for just one year.

We know Kobe, I believe we will be a great teammate with those who work hard, but he can be a real ******** with guys who don't.

This.

If you work hard, he's going to like you. Simple as that. He loved Trevor, he liked Shannon, now he's working with Chris Douglas-Roberts. All of these guys are or were young workers with the Lakers. If you show him heart in practice, he'll show you love.

Afterwards of course. During practice he'll be a d***.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:00 pm

I missed that read above last night and early this morning. Yeah I love his attitude too. Not all cliche things most players usually say even if they are sincere.
LTLakerFan

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Me thinks Kobe is going to tell the Lakers FO, that CDR is a keeper.......

Kobe said he's been spending time working w/Chris Douglas-Roberts because he respects CDR's work. "He competes. He's tough."

Clearly, Bryant has always liked the guys that go right at him, that don't back down. It's why he loves Metta World Peace.

And those types of players often do well in big moments, because they don't let the situation conquer them. Kobe knows that well.
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite
Doc Brown

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:51 pm

^Great news. I like his game coming off the bench.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby XXIV on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Hopefully this means we are keeping CDR. He could really bring a different aspect to the bench that we haven't had since Shannon left.
XXIV

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:26 pm

CDR TURNING HEADS:
Chris Douglas-Roberts, a third year guard who had success in New Jersey before opting to play in Italy during the lockout, is off to an impressive start in Lakers camp.

"He’s a hard worker and he competes," said Bryant. "That’s what I really like. I have no patience for lazy dudes and guys that are weak. He’s a competitor and as a consequence, I help him out a lot."

Douglas-Roberts is in the always-difficult situation of trying to make the roster as a non-guaranteed free agent, but he's taking advantage of the opportunity thus far by scoring 14 points in 20 total preseason minutes and standing out in practice.

"I've always felt at home on the basketball court and I'm just excited to have this opportunity," said CDR. "All I can control is how I play on the court, and I'm out there trying to kill you every time. Just competing."
Doc Brown

Postby Center Court on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:37 pm

if we are talking strictly roster spots... clearly CDR is better than glock, morris, and DJO. Sacre is more valuable bc he's a big body.

All in all, CDR def has a place here. 3rd "string" SG and SF.
Center Court

Postby scott12199 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Center Court wrote:if we are talking strictly roster spots... clearly CDR is better than glock, morris, and DJO. Sacre is more valuable bc he's a big body.

He maybe better but I have a feeling Mike Brown is going to cut CDR in favor of Glock.
scott12199

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:39 pm

scott12199 wrote:
Center Court wrote:if we are talking strictly roster spots... clearly CDR is better than glock, morris, and DJO. Sacre is more valuable bc he's a big body.

He maybe better but I have a feeling Mike Brown is going to cut CDR in favor of Glock.

Why? Just asking. He let him rot last year because his defense isn't up to Brown's liking, doesn't have point guard skills and is undersized at the 2. Not a whole lot has changed there.
LTLakerFan

Postby jimbo327 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:10 pm

I like CDR. I think he is NBA level. He is better than Glock and Morris. Sacre is going to stay because he bangs, and we need a back up C. And if CDR defends and rebounds like he's capable of, then he will be a real gem off the bench.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby JSM on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:16 pm

The more reports that come from camp and Kobe, the better he's sounding for this team. Sounds like he's earning his spot while others are losing theirs.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion