Summer League / Camp Players Discussion: CDR, Selby

Re: Lakers Sign Chris Douglas-Roberts

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:42 pm

Wow I didn't even know CDR was out there.. He looked good enough for the Nets to take that job from Ebanks. I hope the kid works hard & makes the roster, he had alot of upside last time I saw him playing.
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:08 pm

He's shown flashes, but his averages are very pedestrian. We'll see what kind of shot he's got at making the team. I'd say he's competing with Reeves Nelson more than he's competing with Ebanks, but I'm just guessing and I'm sure that could change.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Blahdeh Deebatz on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:59 pm

He looked great coming out of college. I lost track of him since then.
Blahdeh Deebatz

Postby noobiew on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:24 am

Good signing :)

Dwight / Hill / Sacre
Gasol / Jamison / Clark
Metta / Ebanks / CDR
Kobe / Meeks / Gl0ck
Nash / Blake / Duhon
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby khmrP on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:42 am

lakersin4 wrote: He looked good enough for the Nets to take that job from Ebanks.

and yet dudes been out of the league for the last several season
khmrP

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:49 am

khmrP wrote:
lakersin4 wrote: He looked good enough for the Nets to take that job from Ebanks.

He's only been out of the league for one season, and that's because of the lockout where he chose to play overseas.
XXIV

Postby khmrP on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:52 am

XXIV wrote:
khmrP wrote:

He's only been out of the league for one season, and that's because of the lockout where he chose to play overseas.

if you can't hack it with the nets, you truly weren't that good to begin with.
khmrP

Postby JSM on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:20 am

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Somewhere JSM is doing cartwheels.

Haha, yep. We definitely need a University of Memphis representative on the team. Homerism aside, I'd take him over DJO or Glock for this team. Stash him on the D-Fenders till he picks up the system or Ebanks hits the wall and then bring him up as our 3rd string SG/SF. Dirt cheap pickup who can put the ball in the hole.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:39 am

JSM wrote:

Haha, yep. We definitely need a University of Memphis representative on the team. Homerism aside, I'd take him over DJO or Glock for this team. Stash him on the D-Fenders till he picks up the system or Ebanks hits the wall and then bring him up as our 3rd string SG/SF. Dirt cheap pickup who can put the ball in the hole.

True... I look at his numbers in the NBA and think "eh, we don't need it" but then I realize I'm picking Odom and Goudelock and Morris over him. :man10: Well maybe we can do better. Although I like Odom's athleticism and I'd like to see what he could do with that.

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Bryant/Meeks/Odom
Artest/Ebanks/Douglas-Roberts
Gasol/Jamison/Clark
Howard/Hill/Sacre

That'd be my team heading into the season. Then trade away Clark and Duhon or something for a draft pick to save some cash.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby abeer3 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:31 pm

coming in, i thought he was going to be the sg version of josh howard. he might still find his way if he can show he can defend.
abeer3

Postby JGC on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Wow. How can people not remember this guy. He was putting up some big numbers with the Nets for a while. The guy was even good enough to be rostered in some fantasy leagues!

I also remember he was out for a while with swine flu back when everyone was freaking out about it.
JGC

Postby BadCoaching on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:46 pm

Ohhh nice pickup. How is he not signed elsewhere?

Was he injured?? I've seen him play 3-4 times he's legit.
BadCoaching

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:50 pm

^Played overseas last year because of lock out. I'm surprised nobody picked him up....Mitch at work once again!

I really think he should be given a roster spot over some Morris, Glock or DJO. Some depth at the wing spot never hurt anybody...look at the Clippers...Matt Barnes is their 3RD STRING SF....he was our 2nd string SF, and SOMETIMES our first, last year.
FabFourLakers

Postby khmrP on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:20 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:^Played overseas last year because of lock out. I'm surprised nobody picked him up....Mitch at work once again!

I really think he should be given a roster spot over some Morris, Glock or DJO. Some depth at the wing spot never hurt anybody...look at the Clippers...Matt Barnes is their 3RD STRING SF....he was our 2nd string SF, and SOMETIMES our first, last year.

why given? should earn it like the other guys in camp.
khmrP

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Exactly what I was thinking when I first heard of this signing yesterday
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby jadej2 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:59 pm

therealdeal wrote:
JSM wrote:

True... I look at his numbers in the NBA and think "eh, we don't need it" but then I realize I'm picking Odom and Goudelock and Morris over him. :man10: Well maybe we can do better. Although I like Odom's athleticism and I'd like to see what he could do with that.

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Bryant/Meeks/Odom
Artest/Ebanks/Douglas-Roberts
Gasol/Jamison/Clark
Howard/Hill/Sacre

Aren't you forgetting Morris has a guaranteed contract that means he is automatically on the roster not Odom or Goudelock because there contracts are non guaranteed. Also he automatically makes the team is because of what happened to Blake.
That'd be my team heading into the season. Then trade away Clark and Duhon or something for a draft pick to save some cash.
jadej2

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:07 pm

People are going to be surprised when they see him play in the pre-season, dude had game...I would rather have him than Ebanks to be honest.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:39 pm

LTLakerFan

Postby last stand on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:56 pm

they used to call him buckets for a reason. he doesn't do much, but he's athletic and an absolute natural scorer

has to learn how to play defense to stay in the league. but he has a ton of attributes
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby dj vitus on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Frank Dux wrote:^Because we need a swingman more than an undersized 2 guard chucker.

Well, he shoots a pretty high percentage, so I don't consider him much of a chucker in a negative sense.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby GNC on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:38 pm

It blows my mind how we have gone from one of the weakest benches in the league (last year) to debating whether CDR will make the cut. Good lord how things have changed!

Personally, I'd hold on to him.
GNC

Postby JSM on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:46 pm

http://instagram.com/p/QTVpjpCNjB/
montecristo_ritchie: Had a fantastic first day of camp. Kobe was my 1 on 1 partner the entire day. He told me I had game & he wants to guard me or Metta every day. Follow the greatest organization this world has ever seen for more news/visuals. @Lakers

Having Kobe's stamp of approval could certainly help get him the nod.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby The Rock on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:47 pm

So listening to Mason and Ireland today, Dave McMenimin (sp) came on today he suspects Lakers will most likely go with 14, Sacre and Morris are the leading candidates to make it...guys like Glock, DJO (the Lakers do like) and whoever is signed up for camp is on the chopping block

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Frank Dux on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:06 am

The Rock wrote:Lakers will most likely go with 14, Sacre and Morris are the leading candidates to make it...

Ugh, those are two of the most unexciting prospects in recent memory. We have 20 players under contract right now, so that means at least five are getting iced.

I would rather keep DJ-O around, I love his athleticism, and he seems like a really hungry player who plays full throttle. I think he can be a real bulldog on defense. I'm not saying that Darius will be as good as somebody like Tony Allen, Avery Bradley, or Iman Shumpert(all undersized, intimidating defenders), but I think he has a similar game to them, and if ends up as a "lite" version of those guys we're sitting on a keeper.

Douglass-Roberts is nice, and at first I was on board with keeping him around. But I believe his strength within the offense is isolation scoring, and if he ever gets any minutes here, he would essentially be a "3 and D" guy, which doesn't seem to suit his style. I like him, but I just don't really see him fitting here(terrible 3 point %), he's probably better off as a sixth man on a bad team that lets him utilize that "herky jerky" old man game. I'm certainly no expert on him though, and if he can help us out i'll be rooting for him.

Personally I would probably shave down the roster to:
Nash/Blake/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/DJ-O
Metta/Ebanks
Gasol/Jamison/Clark
Howard/Hill/Sacre

Does anyone know if Morris' contract is guaranteed for two years?
Frank Dux

Postby ben_ready on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:09 am

Keep hating on my equal Morris Cl, watch him make the squad. We need to dump duhon and blake yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion