Summer League / Camp Players Discussion: CDR, Selby

Re: Summer League / Camp Players Discussion: CDR, Selby

Postby The Rock on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:55 pm

Kurt Rambis is in the locker room apparently. Well hes been around Mitch and MDA since it started maybe they haven't officially announced it yet that hes added to the staff?

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Amoray on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:57 pm

I like Laundry, Harris and Hadson.
Amoray

Postby chingy248 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:23 pm

laundry
chingy248

Postby The Rock on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:45 pm

LOL WTF

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/356995069527588865

Andrew Goudelock is getting M-V-P chants (31 points on 10-of-13 shooting so far tonight)

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:55 pm

Glock killed it tonight. Dude has been money this summer league. 31 (10-13, FG 5-6 3PT, 6-6 FT) in 29 mins. If he doesn't get signed id be pretty surprised. Doubt Lakers will but i'd be happy if they did
Ariza3

Postby Weezy on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 pm

I mean yeah, I'm glad for Glock, but again, he's shown he can dominate summer league, and the D-League, but he hasn't shown he can stay on an NBA team, and we freakin sucked last season, if he is this good we could have used him. Like I said before though, he's a SG in a small PG's body, it doesn't seem to work to well for him in the NBA, either that or we didn't give him enough of a chance I guess. I hope he does make a team, I hope I'm wrong about him and he performs in the NBA, maybe he's been working extremely hard on his game.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby chingy248 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:14 pm

And this was from the game the other nite

Andrew Goudelock dominated Saturday's game vs. the Grizzlies in Las Vegas, scoring 26 points on 9-of-15 shooting, with four rebounds, two assists and two steals.
He drained 3-of-5 shots from downtown, and if nothing else he increased the odds that he'll earn an NBA contract this season, with the Bulls (whom he's playing for during Summer League) or another team.
chingy248

Postby The Rock on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Gary Neal 2.0

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:15 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:these t-shirt jerseys are weird. im changing the channel.

:man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby Finwë on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:18 pm

Ariza3 wrote:Glock killed it tonight. Dude has been money this summer league. 31 (10-13, FG 5-6 3PT, 6-6 FT) in 29 mins. If he doesn't get signed id be pretty surprised. Doubt Lakers will but i'd be happy if they did

Wow. Good for him.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby The Rock on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:27 pm

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Wow, his handles look improved, he looks quicker, and his moves to create space look faster and smarter. Hope he makes it in the NBA for a season with somebody, hope we didn't pass in him too soon.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:44 am

Weezy wrote:Wow, his handles look improved, he looks quicker, and his moves to create space look faster and smarter. Hope he makes it in the NBA for a season with somebody, hope we didn't pass in him too soon.

Yeah he just keeps working and working on his weaknesses like the handles. Is creating space better.

I asked this earlier no answer so let me ask again. When a player is on a summer league team, if another team all of a sudden wanted to offer him a contract, I'm assuming they can't, they would first have to deal with the player's main team's front office?

And same thing for D League?
LTLakerFan

Postby Finwë on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:53 am

He was cookin
Nice to see
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:25 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
Weezy wrote:Wow, his handles look improved, he looks quicker, and his moves to create space look faster and smarter. Hope he makes it in the NBA for a season with somebody, hope we didn't pass in him too soon.

Yeah he just keeps working and working on his weaknesses like the handles. Is creating space better.

I asked this earlier no answer so let me ask again. When a player is on a summer league team, if another team all of a sudden wanted to offer him a contract, I'm assuming they can't, they would first have to deal with the player's main team's front office?

unless theyre already signed to a team like sacre, all of the summer league and d-league players are free agents and can be given a 10 day or full contract by any team.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby chingy248 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:42 am

Is it just me or does he look like he got quicker and more moves in that video? Almost looking like DRose in that clip

Edit: just saw the couple of posts above me :man2:
chingy248

Postby denimPortugal on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:45 am

G-Lock on fire! D*mn! :mad1:
denimPortugal

Postby M2K on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:47 am

Honestly... I see some Derek Fisher in how Goudelock is starting to develop. he seems to be taking his career very seriously and working on his weaknesses. A "Derek Fisher" type of player is something these Lakers could use.
M2K

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:13 am

LTLakerFan wrote:

Summer League teams don't create binding allegiances. We can buy anyone's players if they're not under contract.

D League is the same way.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:14 am

Always liked Glock.. Wouldn't mind trading Blake for a starting SF & bringing in Glock or Selby to be the 3rd PG..
lakersin4

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:48 am

trodgers wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:

Summer League teams don't create binding allegiances. We can buy anyone's players if they're not under contract.

D League is the same way.

That's the part I'm wondering about. Are you referring to having to negotiate a buyout with a parent team, a "set fee" with a parent team or "buy" just refers to offering the 10 day or full contract to the player? If it's the last option, does the parent team get a chance to match if the player wants to go to the team offering the contract?
LTLakerFan

Postby XXIV on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:27 am

^ Unless the player was drafted by said team I believe he meant we can offer anyone a contract. Those players sign to play for that specific team's summer league but to showcase their talents to all teams.
XXIV

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:00 am

A team doesn't get a player's rights by having the player play on their Summer League team.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:13 pm

We can make an offer to any player on any summer league team that is not already under contract for that organization.

For example: Any team could make an offer to Marcus Landry, but no team can offer a contract to Robert Sacre.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:52 pm

Advanced scout Clay Moser breaks down the summer league roster

http://blog.lakers.com/lakers/2013/07/1 ... breakdown/
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion