My Summer Pro League Experience and Notes (6/6/03)

My Summer Pro League Experience and Notes (6/6/03)

Postby LakerFanOC on Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:50 pm

Hey guys. Here’s my Summer Pro League report from yesterday.
Sunday, July 6, 2003
Lakers VS Canadian National Team

We got there a little late- so we missed the starting intro. Did anyone see how they did it? Who got the most cheers?
In the beginning, when Pargo first got the ball, a lot of people were cheering for him- like Go Pargo!, etc.
They also called a lot of offense fouls in the first couple minutes, which the crowd started booing.
I saw Patrick Ewing, Mitch K.- looked a little bored, Richard Jefferson- was really nice- a lot of people wanted his autograph, so the security was trying to stop everyone, but once security left, Richard continued signing, Jack Haley- he was talking to Richard , and Luke Walton’s brothers.
Jim Clemons, Kurt Rambis, Gary Vitti, Tex Winter were there also.
There were a lot of people there. Everyone was there cheering for the Lakers.
Players
Pargo- played really well- had 27 pts- his shot was on today. He really impressed everyone- He had assists, blocks, etc. He had good court awareness- seemed committed to playing defense too- I like his bounce passes- he was setting up the triangle- he seemed like the leader on the court- talking to everyone- I hope the Lakers keep him for next year- he’s not afraid to shoot- 2-2 FTS.
The Lakers were up 20+ pts, but they blew the lead when Pargo sat down- he was like the only one scoring- at the end of the 1st quarter, he almost had half of the team’s pts. Some people around me were trying to start a Pargo chant to bring him back into the game.
Rush- tentative- had some turnovers- shot was off
Leon Smith- played well
Eric Chenowich- not that good- got his shot blocked a few times
Walton- didn’t really shoot that much
Cook- likes to play outside- I would like to see him post up more
Kareem Jr.- he got a good cheer when he first went into the game, but then he played really poorly, so people starting shouting mean things to him. He had a lot of turnovers.
Lakers won- it got exciting towards the end- the Canadians had a chance to send the game to overtime
Some people sitting behind the FT line were waving their hands and trying to distract the Canadians- it was pretty funny.
A lot of the players stayed to sign autographs. Luke Walton and Richard Jefferson went home together. Pargo and Rush went home together. Rush was really nice- posing for pictures. He was saying that he was hungry to Pargo. Pargo was being interviewed. They asked him about the Kobe arrest and he said that Kobe was really nice and a great teammate. He was wearing a Terry Bradshaw jersey (football).
If anyone has any questions, just post in this thread and I’ll answer it.
LakerFanOC

Postby Mookie on Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:36 pm

How did Cook and Walton played, but like with details, you seem to wirte pretty good so write a little bit more about them please.
Mookie

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:20 pm

How much did it cost for u to go in?
LakersGyrl2003

Postby LeXiCoN on Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:04 pm

its only 10 bucks for the whole day
LeXiCoN

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:16 pm

Whatcha mean for the whole day?? How long did it last? How many games u saw?
LakersGyrl2003

testing

Postby LakerFanOC on Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:05 pm

testing.
LakerFanOC

answers

Postby LakerFanOC on Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:10 pm

Sorry about the above post. My replies weren't going through yesterday. It's 10 bucks for all the games. I only saw the Laker game. It lasted about 2 hours. Other games weren't too interesting.

Cook- he has a nice outside jumper- he missed some stuff from close range- post up more brian!
Walton- he didn't shoot too much- ok jumper.
LakerFanOC

Postby Laker brain on Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:34 pm

I like Walton, he's not a scorer but he does a lot of intangables, he passes and is a better handler than Rush times 3, he has great head knowlege.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Return to Lakers Discussion