Talk about showing Heart...Devean George...Thats Heart!

Talk about showing Heart...Devean George...Thats Heart!

Postby Guest on Fri May 09, 2003 11:40 pm

How great was it that he came out and played even though you can tell he is still injured. The great thing was that came out and got like the first few shots for the Lakers, and according to Phil he didn't really know he was going to try to play until like 30 mins. before the game...Now Thats was heart! :jam2: :wow:

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri May 09, 2003 11:46 pm

I loved it how Phil said before the game, "He'll be lucky enough to throw an inbound pass"

Then he caught everyone offgaurd and not only started, but started the capture of the swagger the Lakers now have gained...

:jam2: George is the man!
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 12:03 am

I think Phil didn't wan all of the viewers to expect a lot outta him, so when he produces it'll be another thang comin! The Spurs prolly didn't even know that Devean was gonna play, and he hit the 1st two Laker shots!! Dayam he played through the pain, and I love to see when players do that! For the love of the game!! :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby k8fanatic on Sat May 10, 2003 12:12 am

yes... deaven was a HUGE factor in this game. but the ones that should get the credit is the trainers. if it wasnt for them, no deaven.. PROPS TO YOU GUYS!! GREAT GREAT GAMES BY LAKERS!! if the lakers play like this, its over!!
k8fanatic

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 12:14 am

k8fanatic wrote:yes... deaven was a HUGE factor in this game. but the ones that should get the credit is the trainers. if it wasnt for them, no deaven.. PROPS TO YOU GUYS!! GREAT GREAT GAMES BY LAKERS!! if the lakers play like this, its over!!

Hell yea!! They did a hell of a lot!! And all that hard work payed off!! We got the W!!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Sat May 10, 2003 2:44 am

i gotta say that i didn't expect NINE first quarter points from a guy with a severely sprained ankle! DG3 took it to the HOUSE! Way to step up Devean!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 2:50 am

I know huh!! But we can never underestimate the desire a champion has!! All Devean knows are championships!! He's been a champ since his rookie season! muaahahahaha :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby ZenMaster on Sat May 10, 2003 6:06 am

Great job to all!!! Can't wait for Game 4!!!
GO LAKERS...and keep up those mind games P.J...make San Antonio look like this --> :what: :what: :what: :what: :what:
ZenMaster

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 6:09 am

ZenMaster wrote:Great job to all!!! Can't wait for Game 4!!!
GO LAKERS...and keep up those mind games P.J...make San Antonio look like this --> :what: :what: :what: :what: :what:

He already made them look like that!!! times 10!... But now they gotta focus on the next! Do it again!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Sat May 10, 2003 8:12 am

yeah!
deveean was the man in the first quarter!
had 14 points but did alot more like gettin rebonds and stuff
i love devean!
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
THE ATLETISISM HAS RETURNED TO THE LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 10, 2003 11:38 am

He has taken a step forward in his evolution to an all-star caliber player with that hearty and gutsy performance. I now have more respect for Devean. He has learned from Kobe that sometimes you have to play through what was probably terrible pain if you want to stay on top and if you want the respect and admiration that I think he has wanted since he joined the team. He has tremendous all around ability and if he adds grit and determination to his list of skills, he might blossom into one of the better if not one of the best small forwards in the league by 30. Who knows, at the very least he can be a very productive player and that third scorer we have needed so much. Also, when we get production offensively from the SF position, Derek usually scores in the double digits...usually about 14-18 points. So we wind up getting 4 scorers for the price of three because the triangle is DESIGNED to have three main scoring options and that is why our offense has been spotty since GR left. Maybe devean could be GR with tremendous defense and rebounding (and shot blocking) averaging about 15 ppg if we start him, he will also get used to playing large minutes and his future looks REALLY bright, right?
Snakell Beast

Postby Killer on Sat May 10, 2003 12:58 pm

Remember what another great coach said:

"NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE HEART OF A CHAMPION!!!"

(and when you've got a whole team like that ----- well, look out!)
Killer

Re: 57

Postby Reddy on Sat May 10, 2003 3:40 pm

Killer wrote:Remember what another great coach said:

"NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE HEART OF A CHAMPION!!!"

(and when you've got a whole team like that ----- well, look out!)

yeah!
we play like this
NOONE can stop us!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 10, 2003 4:51 pm

Well, we might need some heroics from the role players tonight cause San Antonio is going to bring the thunder and we better score early and often cause they are going to start off like gang busters in the first half. That said, I think Phil's injury will help (YES HELP) us because even if he does coach the players will want to win one for him and will respect him more. I can claim no knowledge of who is at an advantage in this game??????????????????
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 5:01 pm

San Antone is gonna try and step up, so the Lakers better be prepared to score early and Shaq and Kobe better stay outta foul trouble! They're gonna try and take it to us in the paint, just like they've been, and we gotta get through all that, and then some!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 10, 2003 5:13 pm

They WILL bring it because I think they feel that if we tie the series we will most likely win and if they do...I say to them...YOU ARE CORECT SIR. Just like Sacto last year...they need to put us down at home or we will come back with aveangence in game 5. HUGE GAME TOMORROW! :man3: :freak2:
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion