The best is yet to come...

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 8:28 pm

Just wait and see, Kobe will have an amazing career and will own MANY of the records by the time he retires...
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 17, 2003 2:32 am

Hell yea!! Look how much Kobe did this season! He pushed himself so hard to get mentally and physically prepared, and he was ready! He didn't mean to break all those records, he was just playing the best basketball he was able to play! He played hard game in and game out, and played through pain. He's a fierce competitior, and loves to work on the aspects of his game! I love that about him!!!! KOBE!! :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby What? on Sat May 17, 2003 3:48 am

"Michael will be proud to be mentioned in the same breath with kobe when #8s career is over..."

hahaha you must be kidding. Lets not get into how much MJ has contributed to the game of basketball. I only put that picture up because everyone this year was saying that this was Kobes year to lead the lakers to the finals...and i heard ppl say "Yeah just like Jordan did...Kobe will too..." this that and the other thing...whoopti doo. Maybe next year.

Whatever, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Too bad no one cares to back anything up. Post modernist thought in California: "Im right because my mommy said so...all my ideas are valid."

ANYWAY im way off..good luck to Kobe and the Krew next year....hopefully my Bulls will get 8th seed. At least you guys made it this far. Enjoy these championships while they last...BELIEVE ME it doesnt last very long. Im sure when the Bulls "Repeat 3-peated" no one thought it would end...but it did...and then they became the worst team in the league.

Again...good luck and have fun while it lasts.

Sincerely,
The ONLY Bulls fan...(at least in LA)
What?

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 17, 2003 4:08 am

Glad to see ur still reppin ur team! Cuz we all remember how long it took us to win another title in 2000, and we tresure every moment of it! Too bad for ur Bulls being a lottery team, hopefully ya'll will do better next season! Big ups for ya'll still reppin, but don't worry, another title will come when they find themselves. :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby What? on Sat May 17, 2003 9:09 am

lol still have my "Bulls 6 Time Champions" shirt. It pisses me off though when you run into ppl you KNOW were Bulls fans back in the day...and now they are like "no man, i never liked the bulls..ive always liked the lakers..i swear." now those [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] are like "its all about the spurs!!" i [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] hate band wagons. Anyway, thats another forum.

On another note...it sucks that Kobe and Fisher cried...and as anti-laker as i am..i couldnt help but feel for them in the last minutes because I know how inevitability feels. Im sure we all do...when you know its "all over." I told that to my friend who is a die hard laker fan since the mid 80s..and he was like "man [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] that sorry [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] nigga...makin all that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] money and crying like a little [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]...barely gettin 20 pts..."

I brought that up because I was wondering if some of you felt betrayed in a sense? I mean, hes a hard core fan but i guess he was just really pissed.
What?

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat May 17, 2003 9:22 am

Like I said, me personally, I have purple and yellow blood in my vains...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 17, 2003 11:26 am

I guess he would rather have Kobe not give a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] about winning and go threaten people with guns and throw naked women out on the lawn...It disgusts me that someone could insult someone that much whom has been so instrumental in the very reason the team is on top. I hate it, Kobe gets none of the credit for the Lakers success but all of the blame for their failures. People watch every other basketball player and focus on whatever good thing they did in every game, they watch Kobe and search for whatever criticism they can find from his performance. I guess maybe he should retire for a while so people can get rid of his "sorry [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] nigga...makin all that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] money and crying like a little [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]...barely gettin 20 pts" [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]...
Snakell Beast

Postby LAKERCHICK on Sat May 17, 2003 2:20 pm

I JUST GOT TO ME THAT THA LAKERS LOST. IT'S REALLY HARD TO BELIEVE BUT IT'S DONE. BUT EXPECT THEM TO COME BACK SOON I HOPE. AND GOOD LUCK TO SA EVEN THOUGH THEY DON'T NEED IT KNOW CUZ I THINK THEIRE GOING TO BE THA NEW CHAMPS EVEN THOUGH I DON'T WANT THEM TO BUT THEY KINDA DESERVE IT THEY PLAYED THEIRE [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] OFF. IS IT JUST ME OR IS BASKETBALL JUST NOT THA SAME N-E MORE WITH OUT THA LAKERS. :man6:
LAKERCHICK

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 17, 2003 7:06 pm

Somethin must be REALLYwrong with ur so-called Die hard Lakers homie since the 80's. If he's gonna sit there and insult Kobe for lettin his emotions get the best of him, then that's dirty. Kobe played his heart out, and he cried in 2001 when the Lakers won the championship? What just cuz he cried for two different reason, doesn't make him less than any of us, cuz we're all human and have emotions. A lot of us here on the board shed tons of tears a long with the Lakers players, cuz we've been on cloud 9 with them the past 4 years, and we've been down to the lowest when we haven't had a championship in over 15 years. It's hard to deal with the pain, and frustrations at times. They realize this is a new beginning of their dynasty, and they gotta start all over again. There's nuttin wrong with lettin tears out, it simply shows how much the game means, and how hard work pays off, no matter why their cryin...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun May 18, 2003 6:17 pm

But to tell you the truth, I'm exited about this off season for them. They can really use the extra rest, and it's going to be fun watching the Lakers retool...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun May 18, 2003 9:10 pm

It just shows you how much love KOBE has for the game where he pours his heart and soul to it. Kobe worked so hard over the summer and to have it crashing down on him those last few minutes of basketball was hard to swallow. And concerning those tears, are a sign of maturity and it takes a real man to be able to shed those tears. If ever the NBA needed a spokeperson for the NBA well Kobe just proves it over and over again. When the NBA was on NBC and their moto was " I LOVE THIS GAME" they should just show that shot of KOBE with tears... That should tell you how much he LOVES this GAME, the LAKERS and Los Angeles.

I don't understand why people are saying the DYNASTY is over. The whole team is intact. SHAQ and KOBE is not going anywhere. The LAKERS are only going to improve in the summer (if BUSS spends cash)
A DYNASTY is over when its SUPERSTARS has left. Much like when MAGIC, BIRD, JORDAN etc. when they left. SHAQ and KOBE is still here and are at their PRIME!!! so tell me how can the DYNASTY be over?
Like SHAQ's rap song goes " YOU CAN'T STOP THE REIGN" you can only hope to slow it down. :jam2: :jam2:

KOBE the real MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

kobe

Postby Guest on Mon May 19, 2003 5:24 am

Listen to his words: "I just hate losing."

Kobe is a winner. He is the only Laker who showed up in shape, ready for the 4peat and he played great all year. Why is he the one who gets dogged ? 2nd option and he was 2nd in scoring in league? Sounds good to me.

Postby Guest on Mon May 19, 2003 8:30 am

Well..some people have a love/hate relationship with their favorite player. Not everyone is on Kobes nuts like some of the people in here. That doesnt make them less of a fan. I know when the Bulls lost when Jordan left (the first time) and even when he came back half way through..i was pissed off. That doesnt mean youre "dogging" on them. You cant tell me that when Kobe or Shaq are having a bad game, none of you have ever went "[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Kobe" or "[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Shaq" or something along those lines to vent your frustrations. Its only because you know they can do better than that. We all know that Kobe COULD have done way better than 20pts in the final game vs SA. I think a fan has every right to get frustrated with a player he is paying to watch.

Kobe doesnt get credit? I dont think so. I think he gets a lot of credit. Obviously people who came before him (MJ) got more credit when they were 24 because they were something entirely different. For example, Jordan changed defense in the NBA forever. Before him games used to easily reach 120 or 130. Now thats not the case at all.

Here is an easy example...
"Bill Clinton is a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] who has no morals." Forget the fact that he is one of the reasons everybody was [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] celebrating the nasdaq at nearly 5000 and that our economy was better than the FDR days.
"George Washington is the father of our country...he is so great." Yeah, he also died from syphillis because he [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] around behind marthas back so much...slave owner, etc.

You get my point? The people before are always going to get a little more credit than the person that comes after. Just my theory. IM NOT SAYING ITS RIGHT OR WRONG...im just saying thats how society thinks.

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 19, 2003 3:57 pm

I have criticized Kobe plenty, but not when the season is over. He scored 20 points because he was trying to get everyone involved and take over in the fourth quarter, problem was we were down by 20 in the fourth quarter, so he didn't get the chance. If he had played in a close game, he would have had about 30-40 points and we would have pulled it out...
Snakell Beast

BEST IS TO COME.....

Postby MsBrYaNt08 on Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:56 pm

Yo...DA BEST IS TO COME! Kobe and Shaq is gonna carry da LAKERS to da Promise Land once again. They're gonna come bak stronger then ever....so Sac Queenz and other teamz need to watch out cuz we're gonna whip so buttz. I know Kobe is gonna work extra hard dis summer to improve his game (he dun't need to reallie..cuz he's already AWESOME). And Big Daddy gonna get into shape like da past seasons when they won da championship. Queenz...talk all ya want...cuz soon ya won't have da chance too ightz. Its LAKER PRYDE 4-LIFE!!!!!!!
MsBrYaNt08

Question...can some1 answer it?

Postby MsBryant on Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:00 pm

Hey, is registeration free?
MsBryant

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:46 pm

Of course it is!
LakersGyrl2003

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion