The best is yet to come...

The best is yet to come...

Postby clublakers on Thu May 15, 2003 9:42 pm

Well, this season has come to an abrupt end.

Props to the San Antonio Spurs... the best team wins a 7 game series, period. Go represent the best in the West and put a Texas-size whoopin on the rest of the league.

Thanks to the Lakers for giving us 3+ long years of Championship basketball. I hope they all take advantage of their well-earned rest and do some physical and mental healing.

While the players pause for a breath of reality and relaxation, Clublakers will actually be getting busier. The off-season brings new traffic looking for trade and free-agent rumors. Last year our site traffic doubled during the summer because of the reliable daily source of rumor reporting we offer to the Laker fans.

The traffic here on the forum will slowly move from "Lakers Smack" to "Lakers Rumors". There is no such thing as a silly rumor. If you hear or read it, post it referencing your source. If your rumor is fresh then we will add it to the Daily News crediting you as the finder. Some of you will make a name for yourself over the summer this way (ie. Seawell).

The Daily News will continue to update EVERY day during the off-season, and as a community we will all be instrumental in making sure no Lakers rumors slip through the cracks here in the forum.

Thanks again to the Lakers for a great run and to all of our loyal (vocal and silent) Clublakers contributors. Keep on bringin' it... the best is yet to come.
Last edited by clublakers on Tue May 20, 2003 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 10:30 pm

Yes.... Great run! It was great while it lasted! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Thu May 15, 2003 11:11 pm

And Kobe.. go kick some butt and represent the Lakers as well as the U.S. this upcoming summer! :jam2:

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 15, 2003 11:24 pm

Reloading time, CL, my new article will be sent to you tommorow, youll like it alot. It's about what needs to be done, time to re-tool...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 11:28 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Image

Reloading time, CL, my new article will be sent to you tommorow, youll like it alot. It's about what needs to be done, time to re-tool...

:man6: :man6: :man6:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby shaqass on Thu May 15, 2003 11:56 pm

Yeah great great run, I can still not believe we are out... :man3:

I am proud to be a Lakers fan :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 12:03 am

Hell yea mee too!! That's why I'm still here waitin to hear what u guys gotta say about this!! We're all on the same level, we cant wait for next season. Even though it's a tough defeat, I'm ready to get back into the mix in October!! YEA YEA!! LAKERS BABY!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby GoldenEye on Fri May 16, 2003 12:33 am

LA has lost :bang: I can't imagine that :man6:

Now Dr Buss & co has no choice than spend the money they have earned these past threes years ...

Show your value Mitch if you want to be the next executive of the year

Thanks LA for making us dream :man11:
GoldenEye

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 12:35 am

GoldenEye wrote:LA has lost :bang: I can't imagine that :man6:

Now Dr Buss & co has no choice than spend the money they have earned these past threes years ...

Show your value Mitch if you want to be the next executive of the year

Thanks LA for making us dream :man11:

LAKERS BABY!!! Please don't be like the Blazers in 2000! Spend the most money on the league in quality players and end up losing! But we gotta do what we gotta do....
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri May 16, 2003 12:47 am

I was listening to the Kobe press conference after the game, and one of the first things that Kobe said to the press is that he is getting ready NOW, at this moment for the next season. What drive this man has. What desire for the game he holds. I've never seen a player with the dedication and drive for excellence like Kobe. He is going to make history, and before his career is over , he will be known as the BEST.

He knows that he owes Chick that 4th title, and he will get it for him one way or another.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby shaqass on Fri May 16, 2003 12:49 am

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:I was listening to the Kobe press conference after the game, and one of the first things that Kobe said to the press is that he is getting ready NOW, at this moment for the next season. What drive this man has. What desire for the game he holds. I've never seen a player with the dedication and drive for excellence like Kobe. He is going to make history, and before his career is over , he will be known as the BEST.

He knows that he owes Chick that 4th title, and he will get it for him one way or another.

God, If he could give 10% of his dedication to Shaq for the summer!
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby GoldenEye on Fri May 16, 2003 12:52 am

shaqass wrote:
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:I was listening to the Kobe press conference after the game, and one of the first things that Kobe said to the press is that he is getting ready NOW, at this moment for the next season. What drive this man has. What desire for the game he holds. I've never seen a player with the dedication and drive for excellence like Kobe. He is going to make history, and before his career is over , he will be known as the BEST.

God, If he could give 10% of his dedication to Shaq for the summer!

I hope he will come in shape this time ...
Dynasty is not over, Lakers dynasty has begun!
GoldenEye

Lakers

Postby Guest on Fri May 16, 2003 1:06 am

Not sure if any of you remember me talking about the 80s and how I would cry myself to sleep after a loss..... well, this 33 year old hasn't grown up much.

Phil Jax: I hope you have the energy to call a time out next year
Shaq: Gotta come in shape and play the season to get home court
Kobe: I'm proud of you !!!
Fish: Gotta shoot more, but nothing but love
Slava: Way to show up when your name was called
Horry: I remember! Thanks for the memories
Shaw: Hope there is a way to keep you in LaLa Land (front office?)
Pargo: Bright future
George: Did what you could. Wish "heart" was shown in box score
Fox: Get well SOON! You were what we were missing.

Pippen, Malone, Howard, PJ - come get this!

Re: Lakers

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 1:23 am

kobegotskillz wrote:Not sure if any of you remember me talking about the 80s and how I would cry myself to sleep after a loss..... well, this 33 year old hasn't grown up much.

Phil Jax: I hope you have the energy to call a time out next year
Shaq: Gotta come in shape and play the season to get home court
Kobe: I'm proud of you !!!
Fish: Gotta shoot more, but nothing but love
Slava: Way to show up when your name was called
Horry: I remember! Thanks for the memories
Shaw: Hope there is a way to keep you in LaLa Land (front office?)
Pargo: Bright future
George: Did what you could. Wish "heart" was shown in box score
Fox: Get well SOON! You were what we were missing.

Pippen, Malone, Howard, PJ - come get this!

OMG!! What really got to me was the whol DG thang... I wish heart was in the box score too!!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby MagicToKobe on Fri May 16, 2003 4:27 am

I HAVE NUTTIN BUT LOVE FOR MY BOYZ!!! WE HAD A HELL OF A RUN!!! WE NEEDED THIS YEAR OFF TO RE-TOOL AND COME BACK EVEN STRONGER NEXT YEAR!!

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP LAKERS AND LAKER FANS!!!! WE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR AND WILL GET OUR 4TH TITLE OF THIS DECADE!!! I GUARANTEE!!!!

ONE LOVE LAKER FAMILY......ITS GONNA BE AN EXCITING OFFSEASON....AND EVEN MORE EXCITING 03 - 04 SEASON.
Everyday is a challenge that eventually leads to victory!!!!!
MagicToKobe

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 4:46 am

MagicToKobe wrote:I HAVE NUTTIN BUT LOVE FOR MY BOYZ!!! WE HAD A HELL OF A RUN!!! WE NEEDED THIS YEAR OFF TO RE-TOOL AND COME BACK EVEN STRONGER NEXT YEAR!!

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP LAKERS AND LAKER FANS!!!! WE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR AND WILL GET OUR 4TH TITLE OF THIS DECADE!!! I GUARANTEE!!!!

ONE LOVE LAKER FAMILY......ITS GONNA BE AN EXCITING OFFSEASON....AND EVEN MORE EXCITING 03 - 04 SEASON.

Much luv to u!! It's a devistating loss, but at the same tyme a reality check!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby GoldenEye on Fri May 16, 2003 4:56 am

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU GUYS :bow:

Next year, we are going to fight back :boxing1: and win this damn championchips :jam2:
GoldenEye

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 4:57 am

GoldenEye wrote:I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU GUYS :bow:

Next year, we are going to fight back :boxing1: and win this damn championchips :jam2:

I'm lovin ur signature!! Our dynasty has just begun!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby GoldenEye on Fri May 16, 2003 4:59 am

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:
GoldenEye wrote:I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU GUYS :bow:

I'm lovin ur signature!! Our dynasty has just begun!!

thanx
GoldenEye

Postby Reddy on Fri May 16, 2003 1:01 pm

MagicToKobe wrote:I HAVE NUTTIN BUT LOVE FOR MY BOYZ!!! WE HAD A HELL OF A RUN!!! WE NEEDED THIS YEAR OFF TO RE-TOOL AND COME BACK EVEN STRONGER NEXT YEAR!!

mah words exactly brotha!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 2:52 pm

We need to make sure to get as many quality yet affordable players and a few expensive ones so we are as deep as San Antonio AROUND Shaq and Kobe (we will NEVER be as deep as Sa*ramento, *allas or Po*tland but we don't NEED to be) and then we shall see who has the LAST LAUGH...I'l give you a hint, they aren't in the playoffs anymore...

(Po*tland has no *estraint)
Snakell Beast

Postby Wanna Be Like Mike on Fri May 16, 2003 4:05 pm

Maybe next year tough guy...
Image :man13:
Wanna Be Like Mike

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 4:07 pm

Kobe is reppin Mike, but now Kobe can rep himself. He can put his own jersey on... That's good enough for me!! :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 5:39 pm

Michael will be proud to be mentioned in the same breath with kobe when #8s career is over...
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 7:07 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:Michael will be proud to be mentioned in the same breath with kobe when #8s career is over...

Hell yea! :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion