The Case for Chris Douglas Roberts

The Case for Chris Douglas Roberts

Postby Vlade_12 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:30 pm

It just boggles the mine that the missing piece is right there for the taking and we are not giving him a chance. This team could really use another SF with Ebanks making showing he is consistent with his results. He can't create off the dribble nor shoot as a Ariza did. Metta and Kobe are older players who need proper depth at this position. In this fast pace offense we need more guys who are quick, can shoot, and would be a great asset if they can create off the dribble. Metta can roam off at the 4-3 positions but it is hard for him to do this, with our small forward line up. Jamison has been iffy at that spot (lacks the quickness), Earl can't shoot. Even if we play Kobe more at 3, increase Meeks minutes we could still use another swing man. The teams window is now! It's sad but Kobe only has a Kobe more years of greatness, and Nash only has 1 or 2 years left. What is the point of trying to develop Johnson Odom? Kobe will be here until 2014, and Meeks has proven his worth. Morris is stuck here but he is more then capable of playing 2 or Blake. DJO ceiling is a of a raw role player, but we need help on the bench.

Laker Management needs to give CDR a chance.

Stats
Born January 8, 1987 (age 25)
Detroit, Michigan
Nationality American
Listed height 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)
Listed weight 210 lb (95 kg)

College
Coming out of high school Douglas-Roberts was considered one of the best prospects available. He eventually chose the University of Memphis. During his freshman season he played in 34 games starting 25. He finished the season averaging 8.3 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 1.5 assists per game. Because of his great play he was on the Conference USA All-Freshman Team. During his sophomore season he started all 35 games he played in. He led the Tigers with 15.4 points per game and received many honors including All-Conference USA first team and Associated Press All-America honorable mention among others. During his junior year he helped the Tigers reach the 2008 NCAA Tournament, averaging 23.3 points over six games as the Tigers finished in second place, losing in the National Championship game to the Kansas Jayhawks 75–68 in overtime. There were times when he was the best player on the court against the likes of Russell Westbrook and Kevin Love.

Italy
During the 2011 NBA lockout, Douglas-Roberts joined Virtus Bologna in Italy.
NOT because he sucked

Stats
2009–10 New Jersey 67 38 25.8 .445 .259 .847 3.0 1.4 .8 .3 9.8PPG
2010–11 Milwaukee 44 12 20.1 .429 .326 .831 2.0 1.1 .7 .3 7.3PPG

D League
12-13 TEX 5 5 38.6 0.500 0.409 0.894 1.0 4.4 5.4 3.6 2.0 0.6 4.20 1.80 27.8

In Summary:
Guys he is the number ranked D LEAGUE player in the position of need.He can shoot, he is shooting 40 percent from 3 in the d league. Long at 6'7 young 25, can score the basketball! One of Mike Browns mistakes was not giving him a chance, but in this new system he would be the perfect fit!
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Playoff rotation! Bring Casspi or Ariza back home for a Title Run Mitch!!!
Vlade_12

Re: The Case from Chris Douglas Roberts

Postby Greatest of All Time on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:33 pm

He's not really a good 3 point shooter but other than that he can score. And god knows the bench needs players that can score.
Greatest of All Time

Re: The Case for Chris Douglas Roberts

Postby Vlade_12 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Shooting
40 percent from three for his d league team. I'll take that any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Ebanks
.188 from 3
.167 for his Career

thats just horrible. Come playoff team, he has to hit those open looks, even Bruce Bowen did. Ariza wasnt the best shooter his whole career, but he got better over time. Perhaps CDR has worked hard on his 3ball to make it a strength!
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Vlade_12

Postby Vlade_12 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Dwight Gasol
Gasol Jamison or Hill
MWP? CDR
Kobe Meeks
Nash Morris playoff bench rotation
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Vlade_12

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:43 pm

I'd love to have CDR here. Especially since Pietrus has been signed. We could use a swing man 3 off the bench who can score and CDR is exactly that. With Nash finally coming back I'd put this at a pretty high priority. We need to waive one guy and that would be Ebanks.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vlade_12 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:57 pm

I dont think we can waive Ebanks? His deal is guaranteed, I could be wrong??I know Morris, Clark, and Duhon are all guaranteed. Good think Duhon can be released, Ebanks, and Clark will be a Free agents. 3 Free Roster spots!We could only waive Sacre or Odom Johnson. I would prefer to keep Sacre.
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Vlade_12

Postby cthroatgtr on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Vlade_12 wrote:I dont think we can waive Ebanks? His deal is guaranteed, I could be wrong??I know Morris, Clark, and Duhon are all guaranteed. Good think Duhon can be released, Ebanks, and Clark will be a Free agents. 3 Free Roster spots!We could only waive Sacre or Odom Johnson. I would prefer to keep Sacre.
You can still cut him and eat his salary. Though some team would be willing to trade a 2nd round pick but Ebanks would have to agree.
cthroatgtr

Postby dj vitus on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:43 pm

cthroatgtr wrote:
Vlade_12 wrote:I dont think we can waive Ebanks? His deal is guaranteed, I could be wrong??I know Morris, Clark, and Duhon are all guaranteed. Good think Duhon can be released, Ebanks, and Clark will be a Free agents. 3 Free Roster spots!We could only waive Sacre or Odom Johnson. I would prefer to keep Sacre.
You can still cut him and eat his salary. Though some team would be willing to trade a 2nd round pick but Ebanks would have to agree.

Ebanks would probably agree because he would more than likely get more playing time. :man1:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby charvin on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:31 pm

He would probably agree. One of the conditions he and his agent negotiated was for more playing time, and with D'Antoni's comments, he ain't seeing squat.

dj vitus wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

Ebanks would probably agree because he would more than likely get more playing time. :man1:
charvin

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Trade Hill and Clark for Derek Williams. Add CDR. D. Will can play above the rim, hit the 3 (and his % should go up with open looks playing off Kobe, Dwight, Gasol, and Nash). He needs to work on man D and rebounding but has all the athletic and shooting ability to play next to Dwight and with Nash and Gasol.

Nash (32), Morris (10), Duhon (6) (Blake when he gets back?)
Kobe (28), Meeks (20), DJO, (CDR, Morris, Blake if Kobe needs a game off here and there before playoffs)
Artest (28), Kobe (5), CDR (15), Ebanks
Gasol (14), D. Williams (24), Jamison (10)
Howard (34), Gasol (14), Sacre

I would love to see Kobe, Nash, and Dwight all below 34 minutes consistently -- Dwight less so. And Gasol and Ron at or below 30 minutes a game -- esp Gasol as he tends to allow too many offensive boards late in games because he is spent.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby The Rock on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:19 pm

PICK HIM UP NOW

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4693574/mavs-waive-chris-douglas-roberts

The Mavericks waived swingman Chris Douglas-Roberts on Sunday, opening up a roster spot to potentially sign a player to a 10-day contract.

Douglas-Roberts, who was promoted from the D-League Texas Legends, averaged 2.8 points in six games for the Mavs.

One possibility to replace Douglas-Roberts on the roster is 37-year-old point guard Mike James, who signed with the Legends this week in hopes of convincing Dallas decision makers that he could help the Mavs. James scored 26 points on 10-of-20 shooting in his Legends debut, a 116-80 win over Saturday night over the Tulsa 66ers.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:41 pm

I like him, but where does he find minutes here?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:49 pm

He'll be the backup 3. Huge hole there right now. You put him in to guard other 2 and 3 spots when Ron and Kobe are resting or out of the game

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:14 pm

I agree I theory, but 'Antoni is just so stupid with lineup experiments, CDR would probably be the backup 1,2 or 4 before he played him where he belongs, if he played him at all.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JLaker17 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Doubt we pick him up.
JLaker17

Postby Armani on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:27 pm

How does CDR improve our defense? :man3:
Armani

Postby trodgers on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:02 pm

One thing I don't see D'Antoni doing is going to ownership and saying, "You know that roster spot you don't want to use? Please let me fill it with a defensive-minded player."

None of that is D'Antoni's MO.

BTW, I think Mike James would be more likely to be signed by MDA
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Lakersball.com. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Vlade_12 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:03 am

could we use CDR now? open roster spot... he might not be a defensive stopper but he is long, young, and quick for his position

Playoff rotation
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP CDR
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon

looks like a nice balance of youth and vets. Not trying to micro-manage. Sucks Ebanks is a scrub. I'm scared MWP and Kobe play is going drop off at some point due to the excessive amount of minutes and lack of wing depth. Only other wing worth a darn is Meeks, and he is one dimensional who is streaky
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Vlade_12

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:21 am

^^ I think we could actually use a guy like CDR. I believe we need a guy off the bench who can score at the wing position to take some heat off Meeks who is so hot and cold. I thought we were going to hold onto CDR and was pretty surprised when we didn't. He can play, he can score. He's cheap. I thought we really should have gone after Pietrus, but since we chose not to, sure.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Discussion