The Chris "Travel Dance" Duhon Thread

Re: The Chris "Travel Dance" Duhon Thread

Postby karacha on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:47 am

Tendinitis.

Yeah.

We got Sacre back from the D-League. :man9:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:53 am

Morris with the bench does scare me, but Duhon does deserve to be the starter. Morris had a good run, but like we all pretty much knew, it wasn't going to last forever. His numbers have taken a dive recently.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Snake Eyes on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:30 pm

Weezy wrote:Morris with the bench does scare me, but Duhon does deserve to be the starter. Morris had a good run, but like we all pretty much knew, it wasn't going to last forever. His numbers have taken a dive recently.

Morris' average over the last three games (since Indiana) are horrendous: 2.0ppg, .143 FG%, .167 3pt%, 2.0 ast, 1.0 TO. That isn't a lot of production (source).

In that same stretch of games, Duhon isn't shooting much better (27 FG%, 28 3pt%) but his assist numbers are considerably higher (4.7 ast/game). Duhon is the superior player right now but I really wish we had a better pg. (source).
Snake Eyes

Postby davriver290 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm

how much longer till Nash comes back! :bang:
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:45 pm

can't we just call up DJO and see what he can do, can he be that much worse then Morris?
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:01 pm

I like Duhon so far but hes a backup PG at best. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets smoked by Lin and Westbrook this week. Every darn year backup PG spot is such a headache with this team, especially when you need one the most this year. Give DJO some minutes, change it up, you cant rely on him and Morris alone, its not working

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Good decision by MDA to start Duhon. He's been playing well and very under control. He's also a decent three point shooter.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby lotus on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Now that Blake is out for a couple more months for surgery, Duhon should be able to secure the backup spot to Nash. He's playing ok for a back up.
lotus

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 pm

Played great tonight, one of the many reasons why this loss is so hard to take because Duhon good game is over shadowed now.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Hes trying his absolute best out there. I wouldnt be mad if Vasquez and Westbrook lit him up

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:36 am

Played well ... I enjoyed the stretch he was running the offense with the 2nd unit in the 4th
wcsoldier81

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:49 am

looked great out there with Hill. Probing like Nash and making some solid passes.
Ariza3

Postby XXIV on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:29 am

This is why I'm not worried about Blake being out, Duhon is more than capable of being our backup PG.
XXIV

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:20 pm

Duhon was a bright spot in that game. It's clear cut we need a legitimate creator off the bench to score.

Jamison and Meeks are great off the ball, but we need someone who can create their own shot.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:17 pm

when/if blake is back, if Duhon still playing at a solid lvl he shouldn't lose his job as Nash primary backup. Blake can rot on the bench.
khmrP

Postby XXIV on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:27 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Duhon was a bright spot in that game. It's clear cut we need a legitimate creator off the bench to score.

Jamison and Meeks are great off the ball, but we need someone who can create their own shot.

Jamison can actually create his own shot, especially if he can get good post position.
XXIV

Postby The Rock on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:29 pm

I'll say this, hes not gonna put up many games like he played last night. Hes a backup PG, hes doing what he can but we cant expect what he did last night on a nightly basis

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby XXIV on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:31 pm

The Rock wrote:I'll say this, hes not gonna put up many games like he played last night. Hes a backup PG, hes doing what he can but we cant expect what he did last night on a nightly basis

No doubt about it, but we won't really have to expect that nightly when Nash and Blake return.
XXIV

Postby kobe_mamba on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:16 pm

The Rock wrote:I like Duhon so far but hes a backup PG at best. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets smoked by Lin and Westbrook this week. Every darn year backup PG spot is such a headache with this team, especially when you need one the most this year. Give DJO some minutes, change it up, you cant rely on him and Morris alone, its not working

The Rock wrote:Hes trying his absolute best out there. I wouldnt be mad if Vasquez and Westbrook lit him up

Wow. :man3:

Sooooo, is this some type of reverse psychology on Duhon - or just blatent homerism?!

Because it can't be a realists attitude to things, because if it is, there is such blatent hypocrisy against the likes of Morris and not supporting him and being realistic with his output/performance.

Don't get me wrong on either count and let me be clear: 1) I have openly supported Darius Morris and think he deserves a chance to play and develop, without being constantly and unfairly bashed by fans on here, however, his output/performance has clearly dropped off this past week or so. I think MDA made a good decision to remove him from the starting line-up accordingly. He may not feel quite the pressure coming in off the bench. Hope he can stick with it. 2) I have NO issue with Chris Duhon playing or starting right now, in fact I have also openly said that Duhon can still play and could be useful for us. Hope he keeps it up too.

BUT....I can't cop people openly making excuses - up front - for Duhon if he doesn't perform, purely based on the fact that he is, after all, 'only a backup'....come on...?! Chris Duhon is a legit vet in this league and has been a starter on some decent teams. He knows how to play the point position ok. These are clear advantages over a guy like Morris, so I think its highly unfair and hypocritical to be making excuses for Duhon, but be bashing Morris at the same time. Come on.....

Just my opinion/perspective on things....
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
kobe_mamba

Postby Juronimo on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:18 pm

The only bright spot in last night's abortion of a performance was Chris Duhon's play. He did an excellent job out there, he set guys up, make the right decisions, and looked like a real point guard out there.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:19 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:
The Rock wrote:I like Duhon so far but hes a backup PG at best. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets smoked by Lin and Westbrook this week. Every darn year backup PG spot is such a headache with this team, especially when you need one the most this year. Give DJO some minutes, change it up, you cant rely on him and Morris alone, its not working

The Rock wrote:Hes trying his absolute best out there. I wouldnt be mad if Vasquez and Westbrook lit him up

Wow. :man3:

Sooooo, is this some type of reverse psychology on Duhon - or just blatent homerism?!

Because it can't be a realists attitude to things, because if it is, there is such blatent hypocrisy against the likes of Morris and not supporting him and being realistic with his output/performance.

Don't get me wrong on either count and let me be clear: 1) I have openly supported Darius Morris and think he deserves a chance to play and develop, without being constantly and unfairly bashed by fans on here, however, his output/performance has clearly dropped off this past week or so. I think MDA made a good decision to remove him from the starting line-up accordingly. He may not feel quite the pressure coming in off the bench. Hope he can stick with it. 2) I have NO issue with Chris Duhon playing or starting right now, in fact I have also openly said that Duhon can still play and could be useful for us. Hope he keeps it up too.

BUT....I can't cop people openly making excuses - up front - for Duhon if he doesn't perform, purely based on the fact that he is, after all, 'only a backup'....come on...?! Chris Duhon is a legit vet in this league and has been a starter on some decent teams. He knows how to play the point position ok. These are clear advantages over a guy like Morris, so I think its highly unfair and hypocritical to be making excuses for Duhon, but be bashing Morris at the same time. Come on.....

Just my opinion/perspective on things....

because Duhon is a positive on offense and has always been bad/medicore on D and is 30 something. Morris has sucked on both sides of the floor, he only gets a pass for offense, he has no excuse for sucking on D with his speed but he gambles to much and gets lost rather easily on his man
khmrP

Postby kobe_mamba on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Juronimo wrote:The only bright spot in last night's abortion of a performance was Chris Duhon's play. He did an excellent job out there, he set guys up, make the right decisions, and looked like a real point guard out there.

I'm not arguing this point.
kobe_mamba

Postby kobe_mamba on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:26 pm

khmrP wrote:because Duhon is a positive on offense and has always been bad/medicore on D and is 30 something. Morris has sucked on both sides of the floor, he only gets a pass for offense, he has no excuse for sucking on D with his speed but he gambles to much and gets lost rather easily on his man

This is what I'm arguing. Morris gets a pass from me because he is a sparingly-played, second-round pick who is young, has been thurst into a starting backcourt next to Kobe Bryant and is trying to fit in!?

Also, no offense, but you can't have been watching properly if you think he sucks on D. defence has probably been the biggest bonus he has brought to the team so far at the PG position. Can also shoot too.

Morris is young, give the guy a break!?

Duhon is a vet and he should be able to put up good performances most nights, especially on this team
kobe_mamba

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:49 pm

^^^Morris has sucked on D too lately, so maybe you haven't been watching, can also shoot? Have you been watching lately? his fg% for the last 4-5 game is sub 20% range.
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:05 pm

so apparently Duhon and Sacre are distance cousins :man3:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion