The "Dynasty" is not over!!

The "Dynasty" is not over!!

Postby FirstLady on Fri May 16, 2003 12:11 am

I've read in a couple of threads that the "dynasty is over," "no more dynasty," and I gotta say THAT'S WRONG!

According to the New Merriam-Webster dictionary, the definition of the word "dynasty" is as follows:

1. a succession of rulers from the same line or family (The Lakers);

2. a powerful group or family that maintains it's position for a long time (The Lakers have won the championship three straight seasons at the start of this decade and will continue to dominate in the seasons to come)

So please, my fellow Lakers fans, don't give up so easily by saying "no more dynasty." Watch what happens next season, and the next, and the next! :jam2:
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 12:33 am

The dynasty just ended here for a year... But we got next season to look forward to! The Dynasty will continue to prevail, and do tha dayam thang!! This isn't the end, but a new beginning!! We gotta continue to stick together, and believe, like what we have been, since we lost to the Bulls in the 91 finals... LAKERS BABY!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby GoldenEye on Fri May 16, 2003 12:39 am

Yeah Baby Yeah ... :bow:
GoldenEye

Postby shaqass on Fri May 16, 2003 12:43 am

YEAH, if winning 9 titles on a span of 10 years is not Dynasty then what is a Dynasty???? :man10: :man10: :man10: Lets grab the next 6!!!
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby GoldenEye on Fri May 16, 2003 12:56 am

They are capable of if they sign the right free agents ...

:man1:
Dynasty is not over, Lakers dynasty has begun!
GoldenEye

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 12:57 am

GoldenEye wrote:They are capable of if they sign the right free agents ...

:man1:

Word..... :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri May 16, 2003 1:02 am

Get rid of Samaki and Tracy Murray and the next 6 championships is guaranteed.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby shaqass on Fri May 16, 2003 1:13 am

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:Get rid of Samaki and Tracy Murray and the next 6 championships is guaranteed.

Samawho? Tracy what? :man10: yes in my opinion Tracy, samaki, shaw, horry and maybe (probably) Madsen won't play for us anymore next season.
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 1:28 am

shaqass wrote:
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:Get rid of Samaki and Tracy Murray and the next 6 championships is guaranteed.

Samawho? Tracy what? :man10: yes in my opinion Tracy, samaki, shaw, horry and maybe (probably) Madsen won't play for us anymore next season.

I know... it's hard lettin go of Madsen, Shaw and Horry, but their time is possibly up. I've loved them, and I feel their pain. But we gotta move forward. :man6:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby FirstLady on Fri May 16, 2003 7:00 am

The Laker Dynasty is only on hiatus! So all you hatas beware! The Lakers are working a few things out :shaq: and coming back with a vengence! :shootb: Believe that!
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Lakers4Ever on Fri May 16, 2003 7:55 am

Honestly you guys, the dynasty is officially over. This dynasty consisted of Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Horry, Shaw, Walker, Madsen, George, and Fox. With an addition of Slava, Rush, Pargo, and Murray.

The next team to hopefully be the next dynasty for this Laker squad is yet to be known. I woke up this morning still w/ tears in my eyes and it still saddens me. We will no longer be seeing the same people in Laker uniforms for next season. That to me is hard to bare. If Shaw, Horry, Walker, Madsen, and Pargo go, I'd like to wish them luck and that I will miss them all dearly.

Horry did give me some pain throughout the playoffs, but I still tip my hat to him.

Shaw was incredible this playoff year, and I was awesome having him in crucial moments of games.

Madsen was Mr. Hustle, and that is something that I will never forget.

Walker was great on D, but never got a chance to display his offense.

Pargo was to me the best backup PG for the Lakers. He could've developed from this past season, but if they let him go, what can I do?

Overall you guys, this was a terrific season w/ a bitter ending. Next season there will be new faces and new challenges. We will all come together as fans and once again root for our favorite team, THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS!!!!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Reddy on Fri May 16, 2003 1:16 pm

I finally feel now what mj had to feel when they couldnt four peat
but hey they came back and won 3 peat again
its all bout the time to regroup
the lakers aint over
we will be back
and dethrone the 2003 champions......
have fun holding your crown whoever wins this year
cuase your reign will end bout a year from now
lakers had a rough season
no rick
unhealthy phil
shaq less start
I am soooo proud we got this far
and i know it
i know this aint over
THE LAKERS WILL BE BACK, PERIOD.
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 3:49 pm

We've never seen the same squad every year of the 3 championship runs. We had to get used of how players play with eachother, and we have. But now they gotta do what they gotta do
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri May 16, 2003 5:05 pm

End of one Dynasty, only to begin another :man12:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 5:35 pm

Lets do this one more tyme baby!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri May 16, 2003 6:16 pm

This dynasty is over once Kobe decides that its over. Other than that lets just enjoy the ride.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 10:07 pm

Shaq, as big and stong as he is, can play till he's 50 if he stays in good shape. He only needs to stay near the basket and block shots, grab rebounds and take 5 footers. Malone is proving that if you are big, you're game can go farther than your smaller counterparts. malone was much more efficient than Jordan this year offensively because he is big and tha means he can still use his size, smaller players need to utilize their speed to stay effective. Shaq will not need that, thus he can play (minumum) until he is 40 and if we build every year to play with Kobe and adjust to Shaq's aging, we actually CAN win the next 5 or 6 in a row. We just need to adapt to the rest of the league, something we didn't do these last few years!
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat May 17, 2003 9:20 am

We just need to adapt to the rest of the league, something we didn't do these last few years!

Yes exactly S, while other teams were out "retooling" the Lakers stayed together to not break the bond. They were getting better and more athletic, and we were getting more tired, and older.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 17, 2003 7:11 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
We just need to adapt to the rest of the league, something we didn't do these last few years!

Yes exactly S, while other teams were out "retooling" the Lakers stayed together to not break the bond. They were getting better and more athletic, and we were getting more tired, and older.

Yea... but now we gotta chance to do what the rest have done since how reign. Let's do the dayam thang, and lets start anotha run! :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby NateBall7 on Mon May 19, 2003 9:42 pm

Its not a matter if we win another title, like most other teams in sports. Its when we will win again and how many times. That is the luxury of being a true Laker fan, Our dyanasty will never be over, the players will change but we will win again. The beauty of losing this year is knowing we have won 3, and with a few additions, I like (Payton and Howard). A new starting lineup of Payton, Kobe, George, Howard and Shaq sounds like in 2004 we can say 4 out of 5 years we are Champs. And when we finally past up the Celtics for alltime championships, we are down 16-14. Because we will win 16 even 17 before the Celtics win another. Red and his no dyanasty nonsense can be extinguished along with that philly blunt, ooops... Cigar, Red 's been smoking. How many other teams in sports have won 3 in a row. Hell most that have won 2 in a row have been considered elite. The 49ers won 4 in 10 years 1981-1990 and what do people call them, RED? What must be done to be a dyanasty. The Cowboys of the early 90's won 3 of 4 they are a dyanasty. The Bulls won 3 in a row twice and they are one too. Red is just hatin', b/c he knows we just might win the next 3 out of 6. Is 6 out of 10 titles enough, RED? All I know is if that was to be the case that would be Lakers 17 and Celtics 16? Ya feeling me? You old goof.....
NateBall7

Return to Lakers Discussion