THE GLOVE FITS ONLY THE LAKERS

Postby NateBall8 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:22 pm

Sure bring in Pippen too, why not. I wouldn't have said that 2 months ago, but Pippen would not hurt this team, and would just give us another, skilled player(even at his age), that can score if needed defend and keep the glue together in the triangle. Also it would further frustate the opposition to have someone of Pippen court awareness at 3 positions on the floor to come off the bench along with Fox and Fish. Pip would just be playing basically B. Shaws role anyway. Let reunite Jax and Pip I am all for it!!!!! I just have one thing to say to the rest of the NBA!!!
"Down goes Frazier!!!!!" :man7:
NateBall8

Postby NateBall8 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:26 pm

By the way thanks Kobe_One_Kenobi_8, I have been a guest since November as NateBall7, and a fan since 72. It is time for us all to support KOBE, Mitch and this team as we get what is rightfully ours!!! Thanks once again!!!
NateBall8

Postby lakers frizzo on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:26 pm

if malone takes the vets min and payton takes the mle then we still have a lle and a vet min to offer right? how about both? i would drop dead and wake up in heaven with a smile if we got both of those, and its not that far fetched, our line up would look like this:

pg: payton, fisher, pargo
sg: kobe, piatkowski, rush
sf: pippen, george, walton
pf: malone, fox*, cook, medvedenko
c: shaq, medvedenco, ???

mabye switch out pippen with a backup center but who would fit in this lineup for what we can pay? hell with shaq resting we would still be putting up huge points....pinch me someone this cant be real!
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:28 pm

Personally, I would like to get Shaq a decent back-up and someone that doesn't demand the ball to be effective. Thats why I eliminate Pike, but Pippen is definitely worth mentioning. He is most likely going to the Bulls unless Mitch has got a few more tricks up his sleeve. Jon Barry has been the recent name related to us...but I can't find any evidence to back that up. He would be a pretty good pick up as well. But my priority list goes like this:

1)Back-up center (not PF wannabe center aka Scott Williams who also knows the triangle)
2)Sixth man type player with alot of energy (Pip, John Barry, Antonio Daniels)
3)Worthy back-up for Malone (Horry comes to mind as does DC)
4)Hard-nosed defender (possibly the newly waived Peeler)

What do you guys think?
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:50 pm

Well I know we had to make a move for GP, but then if u look at our PG's in perspective, then who would we have start, and who would we have our spark off the bench with? I know GP will have to get used of playing in the triangle, and since GP is a taller PG than Fisher, I do think that he'll start over him.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:22 pm

Just saw Payton interview on SportCenter and there is no way he is backing off from us now....he is definitely a lock! Trust me folks he is not going to play us and then leave at the last moment. We do not have to wait till the 16th to confirm Payton's arrival. He was very excited to be a part of all this cause you know the media is hyping this way up, rightfully so. He was definitely caught up in the moment...all smiles...and he said that he would never turn down playin with Shaq and Kobe. He is excited to join us and said that he has achieved everything in the the NBA except winning a championship. And he wants to help LA get back to their championship form. He's a lock....trust me!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Reddy on Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:25 pm

SO GLAD!!!!!
i heard ppls say when u got shaq and kobe on da team, u are always in da run for a championship. but to me when u have a healthy shaq and kobe on da team, u will get it.
now with 2 more superstars and experienced vetrans added to the best duo with 3 rings and counting adn an athletic george, THEY ARE GUARANTEED ANYTHING THEY WANT, YEAH THE CHAMPIONSHIPS.
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LeXiCoN on Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:32 pm

teammates comming soon:

:jam2:
LeXiCoN

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:40 pm

is that denzel? Does he come with the package too?? Remember him from He Got Game? lol :man10:

I'm glad he's a lock!! Thanx 4 stayin up to date on Sportcenter... DAYAM! So a championship is his number one option, and guess what? He's gonna get his wish with the Lakers :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Laker brain on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:17 pm

I think the Lakers have it so good, and to think none of this would have happened if we would have four peated, but I would have rather four-peated..but this is good too.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:27 pm

Nice pic Lexicon!!!

Can't wait to see GP smack the opponents with his words of wisdom....if you know what I mean!!!!!

Hail to the quickest mouth in the NBA!!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :bow: :jam2:

His words will take the other point guards in the league out of their game.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Reddy on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:28 pm

kobe and payton guard defense......who can score?
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:31 pm

Totally agree with you Old Redd!!!

By the way, I'm glad that you're back!!

I really miss you in the site, bro!!!!

I know that L-Gyrl feels the same.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:44 pm

Here is a link of the Gary Payton interview after it was announced that he was coming to LA: http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0708/1578233.html#

You will find the video link on the right side towards the middle of the page. Its only part of the actual interview they originally aired.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion