The Idiocy of the Moment Prevails....

The Idiocy of the Moment Prevails....

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:27 am

I realize that KG is dominating our defense against him, so why play only Horry and Madsen? Where the hell are our offensive PFs? Where the hell is Slava? Where the hell is Samaki? Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't coaches supposed to use everyone they have on their roster in order to find who is playing well on a given night? How can Slava or Samaki play well if they don't play at all? and what ever happened to at least putting them in to hack? We need a nice hefty dose of Slava to get some better offensive flow. And Samaki's shot blocking might not be a bad thing either! HEY PHIL, USE UP THE GUYS, WE ALREADY PAID FOR THEM!
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers4Ever on Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:37 am

OH GOD I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO AGREE W/ ME!! YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT!! I'VE BEEN SAYING THEY NEED TO THROW UP SAMAKI TO HELP GUARD KG. SAMAKI TOTALLY HAS THE HEIGHT AND LONG ARMS TO MAYBE HELP STOP THE GUY. AND SLAVA CAN MAYBE DO THE SAME, ALONG W/ HIS OUTSIDE SHOOTING!!!! DAMMIT PHIL, DO SOME COACHING!!!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:43 am

I even have a better idea, why not play Samaki at PF and Robert at SF and double team KG with those two? Make Marc Jackson and Joe Smith beat us from the perimeter!
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:10 am

Well, I agree somewhat. If you all remember, Walker can gaurd Duncan very very well. And KG is similar type of player to Duncan (as far as physical body goes) so why not play Walker...

Things we need for game 4...

1. PARGO!
2. KOBE
3. SHAQ...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LALegacy on Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:29 pm

Somthing I saw the Lakers do against Duncan last year that worked well is double teaming with a smaller guard. Those taller players like Garnett and Duncan are usually very uncomfortable with a smaller player around when they are being double teamed because they know if they dribble the smaller guy will go for the steal, usually this results in the player picking up the ball and looking to pass over to the weak side making for easy pick-offs if the rest of the defense is paying attention. This type of double team has worked well against Duncan before, why not try it against Garnett if it can result in a few easy baskets on turnovers?
LALegacy

Postby Reddy on Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:50 pm

Walkers blocks are great
So are Slavas jumpers
Yes i agree Phil should play em, but not both of em on the court together
unless we got the game VERY IN HAND :bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:57 pm

I meant play Horry at SF (when Wally is on the bench, getting rid of Rob as soon as Flip puts wally back in) and the others with Rob @ PF. That way we can double Garnett with Horry playing main defense and another forward (preferably Mark Madsen or Samaki Walker, but not detrimentally Slava) to back him up if he loses the Big Ticket, so as to give Horry more room to gamble and poke at the ball. But whatever we did in game 5 (aside from shooting the lights out and playing good D on Hudson) seemed to work, KG was basically under control. We NEED to close this out at home and move to the next round, of not for the possibility of losing that always accompanies a road game 7, then for the soundness and health/rest of our teams minds and bodies...and most importantly...Kobe's shoulder!

The game headline should have been:

In Third Quarter, Kobe Gives T-Wolves the Cold Shoulder
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 01, 2003 3:06 pm

Thank You! How can the rest of the players learn to play in the clutch if they don't get the playing time needed for them? What happens if in an OT situation Horry and Madd Dogg foul out or they're injured? That will totally suck when their backups can't come through, due to lack of playoff experience. Phil just needs to try and put faith in players and put them in clutch situations. We need them all the come through not just a selected few that only come through in garbage time cuz they don't have to worry about taking bad shots or turning the ball over, u feel?
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 03, 2003 6:26 am

I can understand Slava (with the glut of awesome PFs in the playoffs) to a certain extent (to me limited not NON EXISTENT minutes would be ideal) but where the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] has Rush been? Phil, use the kid. He plays good 'D and he has a good outside shot / can take it to the hole as well. USE EVERYONE PLEASE!
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion