the ifs

the ifs

Postby lakers frizzo on Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:44 pm

can we win 75 - 80 games.........

if shaq returns to 2000 form(which he is trying to do i hope)
if kobe comes out clean and improves his game(which he WILL)
if malone gets 15-17 pts a game without loosing team chemistry
if payton has a career year in assists and steals (which he can)
if our young players step up on both sides of the ball(which they will)
if we stay healthy
and last but not least
if shaq and kobe share the league mvp title!!!
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby hi on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:08 pm

i doubt it.. even with kobe/shaq/payton/malone the nba nowadays its hard to even win 70 my guess is they'll win 72 next year
hi

Postby Beers on Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:54 am

They'll win over 60, but with so many games against Sac, Spurs, Dallas, Twolves compared to the teams the Bulls had to face when they went 72-10 it will be a tough ask to get to 70.

And no doubt there will be injuries..... (not to the Mailman though - they should get him in the terminator movies instead of Arnie. He's a machine...)

Knowing Phil and his zen philosophies, the number of wins will be immaterial. As long as the team gets homecourt advantage in the first couple of rounds he will be confident that they can go all the way.

I reckon 60-65 wins is realistic. Probably will still secure homecourt all the way through the playoffs, but 70+ is just being silly.
Beers

Return to Lakers Discussion