so we the lakers are in the hunt for lebron in 2014

Re: so we the lakers are in the hunt for lebron in 2014

Postby LakerFan1235 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:15 am

JSM wrote:Image
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby strategos on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:35 am

I agree with those who said do not want. I guess you cannot say no to the best player in the league, but I can't help it - just cannot stand this guy. If there was ever a player in this league I disliked more it was Raja Bell. I cannot envision rooting for this douchebag.

On the other hand, I disliked other players a lot before they joined the Lakers and all it took for me to including them to the list of my favorite players was a few games in the appropriate uni (Malone and Nash especially). I would probably root for this arrogant prick as well...

As for the initial question - I guess if there is a real possibility to get him (which I doubt, unless Wade gets seriously injured and ends his career or another disaster happens in Miami), the Lakers will pursue him... unless we have signed Durant by that time :man1:
strategos

Postby nameant on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:29 am

Who gives a damn. I'd rather not get involved in this whole circus. F this guy.
nameant

Postby Cleansed on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:43 am

JSM wrote:Image

I signed in to post this exact .gif :man10:

I don't hate Lebron James but i detest the promotional team behind him. I literally cannot look at his face very long when i see it plastered on Fox Sports NBA webpage. I have a physical reaction very similar to what one might have if you stained a white t-shirt you were wearing or you accidentally scratched your cell phone screen. It isnt a big deal but it's irritating.

I'm irritated ever so slightly every time i see his face.

I *know* i couldn't get over that if he became a Laker.

Paul Pierce irritates the **** out of me as well but i could actually see myself being ok with him as a Laker if i were forced to choose between the 2.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:17 am

The Lakers want and get the best players around. If we can somehow get Lebron to pair off with Dwight. Why not?
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby khmrP on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:51 am

the hate for Lakers would be at unprecesdented lvls should his majesty sign here :man10: ........but only way I see him leaving is if they dont win it all again this season or next cause if that doesn't happen I dont see the Mia owner being able to swallow that type of tax burden even if he is a billionaire. Btw if it does happen Mods should prepare themselves for an explosion of new members and not the kind I'd want here either
khmrP

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:53 am

For everyone saying they do not want LeBron on this team in 2014,would you still be saying you don't want him if he leads this team (with Dwight, possibly?) to a championship or two?

Let's get real, if you're a Laker fan, and LeBron puts on a Laker jersey, you're gonna love what you get.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:56 am

I'm kind of in Weezy's camp, just not quite as strong.

If LeBron gets here and he and Dwight bring in 5 rings, who am I to be disappointed? The most important thing to me is winning rings and LeBron right now gives us the best opportunity to do so. Doesn't mean I have to love LeBron though. There's been Lakers I didn't like.

I'd rather we go younger and find someone who is maybe not as talented, but is great in their own way. But I guarantee you that if LeBron came here, I would be among those who are happy. He's the best player in the game right now easily. It'd be difficult to be disappointed.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:28 am

therealdeal wrote:I'm kind of in Weezy's camp, just not quite as strong.

If LeBron gets here and he and Dwight bring in 5 rings, who am I to be disappointed? The most important thing to me is winning rings and LeBron right now gives us the best opportunity to do so. Doesn't mean I have to love LeBron though. There's been Lakers I didn't like.

I'd rather we go younger and find someone who is maybe not as talented, but is great in their own way. But I guarantee you that if LeBron came here, I would be among those who are happy. He's the best player in the game right now easily. It'd be difficult to be disappointed.

This is exactly how I feel. I would welcome Lebron in a heartbeat, but he will never be as beloved as Kobe.
Frank Dux

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:35 am

I wouldn't buy a Lebron jersey, but if it brings rings to our team, why would you care?

The only thing I care about is 16 < 17. I want to have more championships than those guys. It's the one thing they can hold over our head outside their lousy franchise.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:38 am

therealdeal wrote:I'd rather we go younger and find someone who is maybe not as talented, but is great in their own way. But I guarantee you that if LeBron came here, I would be among those who are happy. He's the best player in the game right now easily. It'd be difficult to be disappointed.

Translation,

Spoiler:
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:54 am

Chillbongo wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I'd rather we go younger and find someone who is maybe not as talented, but is great in their own way. But I guarantee you that if LeBron came here, I would be among those who are happy. He's the best player in the game right now easily. It'd be difficult to be disappointed.

Translation,

Spoiler:

I don't even know about that at this point. The kid is more banged up than a Las Vegas stripper. He needs to put some muscle on his frame or he won't be able to stick in the league. Same goes for Wall.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:03 am

Lakers will be used as a "story" to hype up his free agency and to stroke his ego like any superstar athlete. In the end, James stays in South Beach. Would I welcome him here? Of course.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:44 pm

therealdeal wrote:I don't even know about that at this point. The kid is more banged up than a Las Vegas stripper. He(Irving) needs to put some muscle on his frame or he won't be able to stick in the league. Same goes for Wall.

And same with Curry. I love Curry and Irving, but with their injury history I would be uneasy about committing a max level contract.
Frank Dux

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Frank Dux wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I don't even know about that at this point. The kid is more banged up than a Las Vegas stripper. He(Irving) needs to put some muscle on his frame or he won't be able to stick in the league. Same goes for Wall.

And same with Curry. I love Curry and Irving, but with their injury history I would be uneasy about committing a max level contract.

Yeah a lot of these young, small point guards. A guy like Durant can stay skinny because he's 6'10" and can do other things with his body (although he really does need more meat).

The young guys that hit the ground a lot are going to have to deal with pain all the time. They need some meat to be able to absorb some damage.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:11 pm

therealdeal wrote: They need some meat to be able to absorb some damage.

twhs. :man10:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:15 pm

True but Kyrie has more of a complete game than Curry, and I think Wall. They are for sure injury prone, and all lanky dudes with no meat.

Like we've said here before, all of the top new-age point guards (sans Westbrook) have experienced medium to major injuries.

Paul, Rose, Rondo, Curry, Irving, Wall, Rubio.

Nash and Parker too if you want to count oldies. Point guards are injury prone in today's NBA due to combination of rules, player athleticism, and tempo.

Healthy ones include Williams, Lawson, Holiday, Jennings, Lillard etc. but for how long?
Chillbongo

Postby BruinLaker87 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Don't want him. Lebron over-relies on athleticism. He's not that great a shooter, for example. The only way he shoots so well from the outside is because the guy is SO FAST that defenders can't play him honestly. Once he loses a step, the guy will see a HUGE decline. Unless he develops a post-game.

I don't want a 30-year old star. I want Kyrie.
BruinLaker87

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 pm

Lebron on the Lakers would be bad for Lebron because he would lose the "calls" he is use to getting as a member of the Heat. Look at Dwight since coming to the Lakers he is getting basicaly held, hacked and fouled with nowhere near the love he got in Orlando. Think LBJ would be as effective if the officials start calling that wipe away arm move he does when he drives to the basket?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:21 pm

BruinLaker87 wrote:Don't want him. Lebron over-relies on athleticism. He's not that great a shooter, for example. The only way he shoots so well from the outside is because the guy is SO FAST that defenders can't play him honestly. Once he loses a step, the guy will see a HUGE decline. Unless he develops a post-game.

I don't want a 30-year old star. I want Kyrie.

His outside shot has nothing to do with how fast he is, and right now it's money. The whole "once Lebron loses his athleticism" argument is getting tired. He's evolved his game over the last few years, and I see no reason why he won't be able to evolve to stay effective into his 30's. The guy can pass, shoot, defend, rebound. These aren't skills that will just magically disappear once he turns 30.

You don't want a 30 year old superstar, but would rather have a point guard who has a much smaller impact on the game, who also probably missed as many games this season as Lebron has in his entire career.
Frank Dux

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Yeah I wouldn't mind him in L.A. to be honest with you. He'll be older but that's okay especially if he conditions himself and plays for extended years like Kobe has. I don't see why we wouldn't want him. LeBron is more a point guard player, so he won't mind you know taking his foot off the gas and just letting the shooters do more. He'll probably like it anyway so he won't have to do much. But the thing about it is that Dwight and LeBron will be around the same age, so we'll have like two almost 30 year olds on our squad what younger role players do we go out and look for?

And and to be honest, and straight to the point I would love for everyone to hate our guts having LeBron join the Lakers, one of the most hated franchises ever. I just hope the media doesn't overshadow us as a organization in praising LeBron, it's been almost unbearable the past several seasons :man10:
Jazzygirl205

Postby Dfishman on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:04 pm

Frank Dux wrote:You guys are crazy. I'll take what ever combination of players that gives us the best chance to win a championship. Lebron included. His transformation over the last couple of years has really impressed me. He has very few flaws in his game, he has the effort, and killer instinct.

I really wish I could feel that way but I cannot stand LeBron and would hate myself if I ever rooted for him to win.

Also, I'm pretty certain the guy is a PED scandal waiting to happen. His weird swollen oversized head/chin, his premature baldness, his video-game-jacked physique, and the fact that nobody has ever been as big while simultaneously as fast...all leads me to believe the guy is probably juicing. I really don't want him coming here and winning titles, only to have them invalidated when the story breaks.
Dfishman

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Yeah I wouldn't mind him in L.A. to be honest with you. He'll be older but that's okay especially if he conditions himself and plays for extended years like Kobe has. I don't see why we wouldn't want him. LeBron is more a point guard player, so he won't mind you know taking his foot off the gas and just letting the shooters do more. He'll probably like it anyway so he won't have to do much. But the thing about it is that Dwight and LeBron will be around the same age, so we'll have like two almost 30 year olds on our squad what younger role players do we go out and look for?

And and to be honest, and straight to the point I would love for everyone to hate our guts having LeBron join the Lakers, one of the most hated franchises ever. I just hope the media doesn't overshadow us as a organization in praising LeBron, it's been almost unbearable the past several seasons :man10:

:man4:

Say it ain't so! He's converted you too?

What if they announce LeBron as the greatest Laker of all time?
Chillbongo

Postby karacha on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Are we discussing whether we want Bron on our team or not? :man3:

Come on. Of course we want him. And I really dislike the guy. But hey, if he wants to come to LA and help us win more championships, I'll personally carry his bags.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
Jazzygirl205 wrote:Yeah I wouldn't mind him in L.A. to be honest with you. He'll be older but that's okay especially if he conditions himself and plays for extended years like Kobe has. I don't see why we wouldn't want him. LeBron is more a point guard player, so he won't mind you know taking his foot off the gas and just letting the shooters do more. He'll probably like it anyway so he won't have to do much. But the thing about it is that Dwight and LeBron will be around the same age, so we'll have like two almost 30 year olds on our squad what younger role players do we go out and look for?

:man4:

Say it ain't so! He's converted you too?
What if they announce LeBron as the greatest Laker of all time?

:man10: I've said many times I enjoy watching LeBron and wouldn't mind seeing him in person, mostly if he adapts to winning and helping our franchise win more so we can leave every one else in the dust. Besides I enjoy snatching up other teams players and making people upset like with did with Pau, Nash and Dwight lol.

AND i'll go on a rant if he's crowned greatest laker ever, a long arse rant.
Jazzygirl205

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion