so we the lakers are in the hunt for lebron in 2014

Re: so we the lakers are in the hunt for lebron in 2014

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Melo will have a career like Pierce imo. He'll battle injuries like anyone else but his game is built to last.
lakersin4

Postby Pig Miller on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:51 am

we'll end up getting another max player and a borderline star in 2014. the wildcard is kobe though.

any lakers fan who's been around long enough has ultimately rooted for the likes of greg foster, karl malone, etc. i can deal with rooting for the best player in the league if he's on my team.
Pig Miller

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:18 am

How do we get LeBron in L.A.? Kobe needs to pester him on Twitter or something lol. I don't think it's gonna happen though to be honest. It would be sweet to read fans of other teams comments, in pure agony knowing we'll be winning another title for this franchise. If we don't get LBJ think we can get Kyrie or Durant?
Jazzygirl205

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:39 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:How do we get LeBron in L.A.? Kobe needs to pester him on Twitter or something lol. I don't think it's gonna happen though to be honest. It would be sweet to read fans of other teams comments, in pure agony knowing we'll be winning another title for this franchise. If we don't get LBJ think we can get Kyrie or Durant?

Until Irving proves to me he can play more than 20 games in a row, I'm not ready to call him the future. Durant is about as embedded as possible in Oklahoma.

James is the most likely (not to say he IS likely to come) because a) money b) he's left town before. But that's really it. There's not a whole lot of incentive for him to leave Miami, a proven good situation for him, for LA that has just Dwight Howard and Steve Nash in a couple years. Which ship is better for him while he plays through possibly his best/final years, a team with Wade/Bosh or a team with Howard/Nash? Probably the former.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 am

This belongs in the trade rumors forum, at least for another 12 months or so.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby jjin28 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:49 am

although i also think that the Lakers will definitely go after him, every report about any (insert name) free agent includes the lakers. its a ploy to get a mass fan base to open the link and get hits.

And Lebron is a player i detest and hate, but will absolutely like if he was to be on this lakers team. haha.
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby LAKEROC on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:20 pm

^ Who are the top 5 targets you think the Lakers have in mind once Kobe is done? Here are my top 5 that I think the Lakers have...in no particular order.

1. LeBron James....Duh! However, very unlikely given his situation in Miami

2. Kevin Durant.....Humble, and has gone on record as saying he prefers small cities to big city life. Also, doesn't really have the personality for the LA market

3. Kyrie Irving- Incredible point guard, who has a great stroke from the outside, and likes to take the last shot. Has a real leaders mentality. However, he is 20, and he is already breaking down constantly. His health is the only real concern here.

4. John Wall- Excellent passer, who gets his teammates involved. Good free throw shooter. Needs improvement with his 3 point shot, but if he can just become a reliable shooter(a la Stepb Curry), he is the future star point guard of this league...assuming he continues to put in the work.

5.Kevin Love- Tenacious re bounder, and has excellent footwork on the low block. Has great range on his 3 point shot, allowing to pull his defender out, which can create better spacing for the offense. Also has some problems with staying healthy, but last year at 23, averaged a jaw dropping 26.0, and 13.3(the year prior he was averaging 15 boards a game....at 22 years old) :man4: . Also has a great personality, and has a strong connection to the LA market with both his UCLA connection, and his uncle Mike Love(one of the founding members of The Beach Boys)
LAKEROC

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion