The Lakers' Center Situation

The Lakers' Center Situation

Postby ojdidit123 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:14 pm

Thanks again to the great Adrew Bynum for pushing back that surgery i'm sure that along with the fans the team is so happy with him too for that decision and I sure hope his summer was a blast and I hope he realizes the pushback was worth it because its like he serves any purpose to the team..
User avatar
ojdidit123

 
Posts: 777
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby TT24 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:16 pm

^ WMC?

Come on. Stop crying over spilled milk.
TT24

 
Posts: 7451
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: Florida

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby revgen on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:27 pm

crakakiller187 wrote:Thanks again to the great Adrew Bynum for pushing back that surgery i'm sure that along with the fans the team is so happy with him too for that decision and I sure hope his summer was a blast and I hope he realizes the pushback was worth it because its like he serves any purpose to the team..


1) Pau plays like crap.
Blame Bynum.

2) Front office signs old man Theo who has a history of knee injuries. He has another knee injury.
Blame Bynum.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
User avatar
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21363
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby ojdidit123 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:34 pm

I blame Bynum for being Bynum and making a bad decision which I'm not alone in thinking and he is the reason that Pau is having to log 40 minutes or so a night because he had to push back that surgery
User avatar
ojdidit123

 
Posts: 777
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:37 pm

No, of course we shouldn't blame Bynum for partying it up in South Africa during the summer.
Image
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
User avatar
lakers_09tv

 
Posts: 5798
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby TT24 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:39 pm

He (Jackson) said the nature of Bynum's surgery has been partly to blame for the delay.


"The type of operation that he had was a very unique operation," Jackson said. "It's not something that's done often. This type of a surgery is not just a simple operation so that changed the complexity of all of it.


http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5861351

Should Drew have gotten the surgery when he had the oppurtunity? Yes, but the type of surgery he got (AND Drew taking his sweet time getting back to make sure he's 100%) is the reason why he's out so long.
TT24

 
Posts: 7451
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: Florida

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:39 pm

Pau should be playing better than he is right now. Extended minutes are no excuse. Playing the 5 is not a good excuse.

I think the difference is that Pau is coming from a lay off summer where he didn't play. The extended minutes when he isn't in his usual condition is frustrating him and he's playing soft to conserve energy. I hate it. It sucks. He finally shed this soft image and it's back.

None of this is Bynum's fault. If anything the more extensive surgery should help prolong his career so he had to do it. No one knew it would take this long to recover. The kid is still 22, hopefully he'll have a lot of playing left in him after this.

I would love to see the Lakers suck it up though and get a temp back up 5, please.
Lakerjones

 
Posts: 14887
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby lakerfantilldeath on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:40 pm

Lakerjones wrote:Pau should be playing better than he is right now. Extended minutes are no excuse. Playing the 5 is not a good excuse.

I think the difference is that Pau is coming from a lay off summer where he didn't play. The extended minutes when he isn't in his usual condition is frustrating him and he's playing soft to conserve energy. I hate it. It sucks. He finally shed this soft image and it's back.
None of this is Bynum's fault. If anything the more extensive surgery should help prolong his career so he had to do it. No one knew it would take this long to recover. The kid is still 22, hopefully he'll have a lot of playing left in him after this.

I would love to see the Lakers suck it up though and get a temp back up 5, please.


No it's not.
Image
Pau Gasol, the best overall bigman in the NBA.
User avatar
lakerfantilldeath

 
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:11 pm
Location: Texas

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby ojdidit123 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:45 pm

lakerfantilldeath wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:Pau should be playing better than he is right now. Extended minutes are no excuse. Playing the 5 is not a good excuse.

I think the difference is that Pau is coming from a lay off summer where he didn't play. The extended minutes when he isn't in his usual condition is frustrating him and he's playing soft to conserve energy. I hate it. It sucks. He finally shed this soft image and it's back.
None of this is Bynum's fault. If anything the more extensive surgery should help prolong his career so he had to do it. No one knew it would take this long to recover. The kid is still 22, hopefully he'll have a lot of playing left in him after this.

I would love to see the Lakers suck it up though and get a temp back up 5, please.


No it's not.

HA it was there tonight!!!! and its appeared a couple other times this season too
User avatar
ojdidit123

 
Posts: 777
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:47 pm

crakakiller187 wrote:
lakerfantilldeath wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:Pau should be playing better than he is right now. Extended minutes are no excuse. Playing the 5 is not a good excuse.

I think the difference is that Pau is coming from a lay off summer where he didn't play. The extended minutes when he isn't in his usual condition is frustrating him and he's playing soft to conserve energy. I hate it. It sucks. He finally shed this soft image and it's back.
None of this is Bynum's fault. If anything the more extensive surgery should help prolong his career so he had to do it. No one knew it would take this long to recover. The kid is still 22, hopefully he'll have a lot of playing left in him after this.

I would love to see the Lakers suck it up though and get a temp back up 5, please.


No it's not.

HA it was there tonight!!!! and its appeared a couple other times this season too


Actually it is . . . full on at this point. I have to ask you at this point how you are attempting to deny that Pau is playing soft? Do you really believe that this is Gasol playing tough basketball like we've seen out of him over the past couple/few years? I've said it before and I will say it again, I've never seen Gasol get so outworked by so many opposing players in such a short period of time.
Lakerjones

 
Posts: 14887
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby lakerfantilldeath on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:52 pm

No I'm not denying he hasn't played soft defensively, what I am saying is you can't say the "soft" label is back when it's early in November and the guy is playing an insane amount of minutes and is also playing out of position.
Image
Pau Gasol, the best overall bigman in the NBA.
User avatar
lakerfantilldeath

 
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:11 pm
Location: Texas

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:01 pm

I think we can all agree that Pau hasn't played well.

However, please name me another center in the league that's asked to play 45 minutes in a game against the Pacers. If we had a healthy backup center, maybe Pau wouldn't be so flimsy down the stretch.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40945
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby lakerfantilldeath on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:03 pm

BDG wrote:I think we can all agree that Pau hasn't played well.

However, please name me another center in the league that's asked to play 45 minutes in a game against the Pacers. If we had a healthy backup center, maybe Pau wouldn't be so flimsy down the stretch.


Not on defense he hasn't.
Image
Pau Gasol, the best overall bigman in the NBA.
User avatar
lakerfantilldeath

 
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:11 pm
Location: Texas

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby revgen on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:04 pm

BDG wrote:I think we can all agree that Pau hasn't played well.

However, please name me another center in the league that's asked to play 45 minutes in a game against the Pacers. If we had a healthy backup center, maybe Pau wouldn't be so flimsy down the stretch.


^And who do we sign to play backup center? Jake Voshkule?

Might as well play Caracter instead. Sounds like the FO is saying to Phil, "Play your rookie quit playing Pau so many minutes". Phil seems to be responding by blaming Bynum.
Last edited by revgen on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
User avatar
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21363
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:04 pm

BDG wrote:I think we can all agree that Pau hasn't played well.

However, please name me another center in the league that's asked to play 45 minutes in a game against the Pacers. If we had a healthy backup center, maybe Pau wouldn't be so flimsy down the stretch.


^^ I'll agree with that! So why don't we get one? We know quite well that Andrew isn't going to be back for at least three more weeks and Ratliff longer than that.
Lakerjones

 
Posts: 14887
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:06 pm

revgen wrote:
BDG wrote:I think we can all agree that Pau hasn't played well.

However, please name me another center in the league that's asked to play 45 minutes in a game against the Pacers. If we had a healthy backup center, maybe Pau wouldn't be so flimsy down the stretch.


^And who do we sign to play backup center? Jake Voshkule?

Might as well play Caracter instead. Sounds like the FO is saying to Phil, "Play your rookie quit playing Pau so many minutes". Phil seems to be responding by blaming Bynum.


Since Phil won't play Caracter more why don't we sign Voshkule? I know, I know, too much money. But I think that's short sighted.
Lakerjones

 
Posts: 14887
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby lakerfantilldeath on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:08 pm

crakakiller187 wrote:
revgen wrote:
BDG wrote:I think we can all agree that Pau hasn't played well.

However, please name me another center in the league that's asked to play 45 minutes in a game against the Pacers. If we had a healthy backup center, maybe Pau wouldn't be so flimsy down the stretch.


^And who do we sign to play backup center? Jake Voshkule?

Might as well play Caracter instead. Sounds like the FO is saying to Phil, "Play your rookie quit playing Pau so many minutes". Phil seems to be responding by blaming Bynum.

his rookie is a scrub right now and e should be blaming drew for needing that extended vacation to delay the procedure


Caracter is not a scrub.
Image
Pau Gasol, the best overall bigman in the NBA.
User avatar
lakerfantilldeath

 
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:11 pm
Location: Texas

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby TT24 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:10 pm

crakakiller187 wrote:
revgen wrote:
BDG wrote:I think we can all agree that Pau hasn't played well.

However, please name me another center in the league that's asked to play 45 minutes in a game against the Pacers. If we had a healthy backup center, maybe Pau wouldn't be so flimsy down the stretch.


^And who do we sign to play backup center? Jake Voshkule?

Might as well play Caracter instead. Sounds like the FO is saying to Phil, "Play your rookie quit playing Pau so many minutes". Phil seems to be responding by blaming Bynum.

his rookie is a scrub right now and e should be blaming drew for needing that extended vacation to delay the procedure

He (Jackson) said the nature of Bynum's surgery has been partly to blame for the delay.


"The type of operation that he had was a very unique operation," Jackson said. "It's not something that's done often. This type of a surgery is not just a simple operation so that changed the complexity of all of it.
TT24

 
Posts: 7451
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: Florida

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:12 pm

lakerfantilldeath wrote:Not on defense he hasn't.
^ You think Pau had a good defensive game tonight? His rotations were terrible ...

revgen wrote:^And who do we sign to play backup center? Jake Voshkule?

Might as well play Caracter instead. Sounds like the FO is saying to Phil, "Play your rookie quit playing Pau so many minutes". Phil seems to be responding by blaming Bynum.
Not saying we need to sign anyone, just stating the situation as is. I agree we should be giving Caracter more minutes ... he can't be worse than the scrubs in the FA pool right now. Just to buy time for Gasol to catch his breath during these games. It's unfair and perhaps damaging to ask Gasol to carry this type of a load for three more weeks.

Lakerjones wrote:^^ I'll agree with that! So why don't we get one? We know quite well that Andrew isn't going to be back for at least three more weeks and Ratliff longer than that.
I think it's a question of whether or not it's worth it. Even though three weeks is a long time, it's not a huge chunk of the season when you look at it in the long run. Signing a guy for three weeks might not make sense for the front office. I agree with revgen that Phil needs to just play DC some more until Drew gets healthy. Phil can blame Bynum all he wants, but it doesn't change the current reality that we don't have a backup center for three more weeks. Whether his complaints are justified or not, the team still has to deal with the situation at hand in the froncourt.

And Caracter is not a scrub. He's simply a rookie who hasn't even had the chance to adjust to the NBA game yet. Even though his offense isn't anywhere near how it looked in summer league, the guy has shown good effort on the boards and on D. Even if the results aren't there consistently (and they shouldn't be-- he's a rookie), he's tried to give the team what it needs.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40945
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby ojdidit123 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:14 pm

lakerfantilldeath wrote:
crakakiller187 wrote:
revgen wrote:I think we can all agree that Pau hasn't played well.

However, please name me another center in the league that's asked to play 45 minutes in a game against the Pacers. If we had a healthy backup center, maybe Pau wouldn't be so flimsy down the stretch.


^And who do we sign to play backup center? Jake Voshkule?

Might as well play Caracter instead. Sounds like the FO is saying to Phil, "Play your rookie quit playing Pau so many minutes". Phil seems to be responding by blaming Bynum.

his rookie is a scrub right now and e should be blaming drew for needing that extended vacation to delay the procedure


Caracter is not a scrub.[/quote]
Right now yes he is so is ebanks and I'll throw in luke on the scrub list too. Caracter has looked ok in like 1 game this year and he may be good someday but thats down the road.
User avatar
ojdidit123

 
Posts: 777
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby TT24 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:17 pm

^ Caracter has played what 10 games? He hasn't played enough to be labeled as a scrub, Devin too. Luke on the other hand....
TT24

 
Posts: 7451
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: Florida

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby lakerfantilldeath on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:17 pm

BDG wrote:
lakerfantilldeath wrote:Not on defense he hasn't.
^ You think Pau had a good defensive game tonight? His rotations were terrible


No I think he was horrible. Simple error there, I might to say no he hasn't played well on defense.
Image
Pau Gasol, the best overall bigman in the NBA.
User avatar
lakerfantilldeath

 
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:11 pm
Location: Texas

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby ojdidit123 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:18 pm

crakakiller187 wrote:
revgen wrote:
BDG wrote:I think we can all agree that Pau hasn't played well.

However, please name me another center in the league that's asked to play 45 minutes in a game against the Pacers. If we had a healthy backup center, maybe Pau wouldn't be so flimsy down the stretch.


^And who do we sign to play backup center? Jake Voshkule?

Might as well play Caracter instead. Sounds like the FO is saying to Phil, "Play your rookie quit playing Pau so many minutes". Phil seems to be responding by blaming Bynum.

his rookie is a scrub right now and e should be blaming drew for needing that extended vacation to delay the procedure

[quote]He (Jackson) said the nature of Bynum's surgery has been partly to blame for the delay.


"The type of operation that he had was a very unique operation," Jackson said. "It's not something that's done often. This type of a surgery is not just a simple operation so that changed the complexity of all of it.[/quote}
OK he also said refferring to the surgery "This is something that's supposed to take place after the season and he's supposed to be ready by the season and we built our team around that fact," you wanna trade somemore quotes from phil? Drew screwed the team over through his decision period
User avatar
ojdidit123

 
Posts: 777
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby ojdidit123 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:19 pm

TT24 wrote:^ Caracter has played what 10 games? He hasn't played enough to be labeled as a scrub, Devin too. Luke on the other hand....

ok fine he is not a scrub he is just not good at all at this stage of his career and he shouldn't be expected to be any kind of serviceable player yet, he was a late second rounder
User avatar
ojdidit123

 
Posts: 777
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:23 pm

crakakiller187 wrote:OK he also said refferring to the surgery "This is something that's supposed to take place after the season and he's supposed to be ready by the season and we built our team around that fact," you wanna trade somemore quotes from phil? Drew screwed the team over through his decision period


^^ No one, including Drew, knew what his doctor was going to do until he went inside the knee. Even the doctor didn't know. The fact is he was able to surgically repair the meniscus instead of cutting a piece of it off. That's better for the long run. Better for Andrew's career, and hence the Lakers as well. So there wasn't any malice going on or any kind of conspiracy on Andrew's part to prolong his summer. You think he likes rehabbing instead of playing? No. Blaming him when the Lakers FO told him it was fine to do the surgery when he did it is pretty silly.
Lakerjones

 
Posts: 14887
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media and 13 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.