The Lakers Must Stay The Course

Re: The Lakers Must Stay The Course

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:19 am

kray28 wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Heat was never THAT bad during the 9-8 stretch ... we're just terrible right now

The comparison to the Heat is joke level bad. When I think of Lakers right now, I think of Jim Mora's famous "Playoffs?" rant.

Don't see it how it's joke level. Miami that year was a star studded team that had major chemistry issues at the beginning of the season just like the Lakers do right now. They got that chemistry eventually and righted the ship. Same will happen with the Lakers.We're gonna make the playoffs there's no doubt about that. They have too much talent not to. You can even look at last season for the Lakers. They didn't get off to a good start either and people worried if they would've even have home court advantage in the first round and they finished with the 3rd seed.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby last stand on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:24 am

And yet Miami was never this bad. At any point. Statistically or record wise
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby khmrP on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:25 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
kray28 wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Heat was never THAT bad during the 9-8 stretch ... we're just terrible right now

The comparison to the Heat is joke level bad. When I think of Lakers right now, I think of Jim Mora's famous "Playoffs?" rant.

Don't see it how it's joke level. Miami that year was a star studded team that had major chemistry issues at the beginning of the season just like the Lakers do right now. They got that chemistry eventually and righted the ship. Same will happen with the Lakers.We're gonna make the playoffs there's no doubt about that. They have too much talent not to. You can even look at last season for the Lakers. They didn't get off to a good start either and people worried if they would've even have home court advantage in the first round and they finished with the 3rd seed.

their chemistry was offensive only, they still had one of the better D's in the league. This team sucks on both sides of the floor, more defensive then offensive at times but suck none the less.
khmrP

Postby gill on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:34 am

The Heat was above still .500 and staying afloat with their talent, in a weak East. Their coach also had a plan and adjusted to his players' strengths ("Pace and Space" anyone???)

We have talent. We aren't winning. We're sinking fast in a competitive West. Our coach looks clueless. How is this the same?

'nuff said.
gill

Postby raviator on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:47 am

At least the Heat were able to win most times on sheer talent alone. The Lakers have talent, a lot of it but it looks like the coaching staff simply does not know how to use it. Kobe is still trying to play hero ball, Dwight is at least trying but still looks like he's still trying to find where he fits in, Pau just looks completely lost, the bench is nonexistent. With the exception of the Detroit game, the Lakers are loosing games by an average of almost 10 points, and there are still good teams that they've yet to play within the next few games. Yeah they will stay the course, but if they don't have at the very least a .500 record at the end of this next home stand, this course has got to change.
raviator

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:58 am

Hmmm . . . I'm going to have to disagree with the premise of the OP. I don't think it's time to stay on this course set by an errant Captain. It's a course that has netted them 13 losses in 14 games from preseason to now. They're going to win some games against crap opponents like Detroit and probably GS coming up at home. But this is no way to approach the regular season.

As many have pointed out, the Miami comparison isn't the best one to use here. With Miami you KNEW it was only a matter of time before the three All Stars in their primes were going to put it together. Maybe they wouldn't get there in their first year, but they had the luxury of time to work things out. There was a lot to figure out with two almost redundant wing players who each needed the ball. But between those three there was just too much talent to keep losing. They had youth on their side and they were able to bring it intensely on the defensive side.

We don't have the luxury of time with this group. As we all know Kobe is entering his twilight years. Of course Nash is too. Plus there are no guarantees about Howard re-signing. This is a team built to win right now, even Jim Buss admitted that. This is a team they are going to pay a huge tax penalty for. This is a team that is showcasing it's wares on a new channel with a new TV contract - and it doesn't want to be embarrassed.

The course we're set on right now is like a collision course into some jutting rocks all through the eye of a storm. It's a course that's going end up in a complete wreck as currently charted.

Time to turn this thing around and drop off Captain Brown back on shore and try something different. Otherwise it's going to be a Mutiny On the Bounty situation with Brown walking the plank.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:01 am

LJ I'll be honest I didn't read your post, just the last part and it had me cracking up in the office. :man10:

Gotta love the nautical theme.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:03 am

therealdeal wrote:LJ I'll be honest I didn't read your post, just the last part and it had me cracking up in the office. :man10:

Gotta love the nautical theme.

:bow: Thanks realdeal!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:34 am

Only a matter of time before brown is fired, we start winning and Texas lakers fan flip flops
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Kit on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:48 am

No source link + OP =

Kit

Postby gcclaker on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:53 am

So did the Titanic. They should BUT with a different captain on the starboard.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby gill on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:59 am

"Iceberg right ahead!!!"
gill

Postby gill on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:05 am

SET SAIL FOR EPIC FAIL!!!
gill

Postby Center Court on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:11 am

khmrP wrote:Brown has lost this team, you can see it on their face and effort.

Brown never had the team.. ever. Kobe never deeply respected Brown, but put on a pretend face for the media. Bynum certainly never respected Brown, think of the 3 pointer. That trickles all the way down, remember when Bynum got pulled to the bench after shooting the 3, Ebanks was making fun of the coach.... NOBODY respects Brown.

Center Court

Postby v1n5anity on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:14 am

Did not read.

Anyways, KeepBynum, I'd like to see you defend Mike Brown now LMAO!
v1n5anity

Postby gill on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:19 am

All jokes aside, we stay the course then that means we're headed for lottery... for which we don't even get a pick IIRC. On top of that... would Dwight really want to stay with this mess? Mark Cuban and Carlisle are waiting.
gill

Postby khmrP on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:29 am

gill wrote:All jokes aside, we stay the course then that means we're headed for lottery... for which we don't even get a pick IIRC. On top of that... would Dwight really want to stay with this mess? Mark Cuban and Carlisle are waiting.

the pick is lottery protected.
khmrP

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:03 pm

last stand wrote:And yet Miami was never this bad. At any point. Statistically or record wise

No, but the main point is they had some struggles early on just like we are having. They didn't panic. They were patient, eventually got it together, and had a terrific season. It's just way too early to be panicking. The season is so long and filled with so many ups and downs. I understand people are upset with the way the Lakers have started the season, but for God sakes we're only in week 2.

gill wrote:All jokes aside, we stay the course then that means we're headed for lottery... for which we don't even get a pick IIRC. On top of that... would Dwight really want to stay with this mess? Mark Cuban and Carlisle are waiting.

Dwight isn't going anywhere. There's no way he's gonna leave a city that has embraced him and loves him and he'd lose alot of money by leaving the Lakers. Another thing he 'll be the clear cut franchise player very, very soon if he's not already and his reputation already took a hit when he was traded from Orlando you really think he wants to take an even bigger hit which he most certainly would if he left the Lakers? Not a chance.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby khmrP on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Dwight isn't going anywhere. There's no way he's gonna leave a city that has embraced him and loves him and he'd lose alot of money by leaving the Lakers. Another thing he 'll be the clear cut franchise player very, very soon if he's not already and his reputation already took a hit when he was traded from Orlando you really think he wants to take an even bigger hit which he most certainly would if he left the Lakers? Not a chance.

he wouldn't lose alot of money, just an extra yr and smaller % raise. Hardly enough to stop him from leaving if things dont get better. His rep is already destroyed, leaving a bad situation with Brown at the helm wouldn't hurt it anymore then where its at now.
khmrP

Postby trodgers on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:17 pm

Guys and gals, this isn't how we do it at CL. You can tear the post apart by argumentation, but don't bash the poster.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby borri on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:46 pm

trodgers wrote:Guys and gals, this isn't how we do it at CL. You can tear the post apart by argumentation, but don't bash the poster.

Off topic, who's the chick in your avatar...my eyes are like magnets to it...hot damn!
borri

Postby trodgers on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:57 pm

^ :man10: That was for Halloween; it's from Unborn. It's Odette (Yustman) Annable.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Whatthef? on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:05 pm

Laker point guards had 1 assist last night and went 3 for 16 from the field. That is bad coaching.
Brown must go and go now! :mad1:
Whatthef?

Postby Forklift on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:08 pm

borri wrote:
trodgers wrote:Guys and gals, this isn't how we do it at CL. You can tear the post apart by argumentation, but don't bash the poster.

Off topic, who's the chick in your avatar...my eyes are like magnets to it...hot damn!

me too..... i was just too shy to ask :man6:
Forklift

Postby gcclaker on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:10 pm

trodgers wrote:^ :man10: That was for Halloween; it's from Unborn. It's Odette (Yustman) Annable.

I have that movie...she was great in Cloverfield too. Gorgeus brunette.

On topic...Miami is a different animal. They are younger, athletic and faster that fit Spoelstra's schemes. He's able to relate to them with Wade as his main backer where it trickled down from there to the rest of their team. The Lakers in comparison are the complete opposite. 24 is trying to cover for Brown inspite of his glaring ineptitude at managing and placing players in situations to succeed or thrive.

Not having Nash to steady the offense is a huge negative. Then again, even when he was playing they were still mired in problems. Yes, it is a long season but will Brown change or tweak the system to suit the current personnel's strenghts? That remains to be seen and it does not look likely. Everything with Brown even after preseason is in "scramble" mode at the moment. Metta World Peace at the 2? Really? I mean, really?
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion