The Lakers Must Stay The Course

Re: The Lakers Must Stay The Course

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:31 pm

stay the course? like keep sucking on defense, looking lost on offense and playing the stars heavy minutes in losses?
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby followwind on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:55 pm

The Heat that year, despite a sluggish start, was improving all alone the way.

This Lakers team has shown no sign of improvement after 8+5 games.

And enough with the patience [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. Do the Maverics, who basically did a complete overhaul over the summer - not to mention with much less talents than the Lakers, need patience? Last I checked they are 4-1 so far. You know why? Because they have a better coach than the Lakers. Nuff said.
followwind

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:24 pm

The Rock wrote:

Lol
The Laker Link

Postby borri on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:26 pm

The Laker Link wrote:
The Rock wrote:

Lol

LOL Perfect.
borri

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:50 pm

followwind wrote:The Heat that year, despite a sluggish start, was improving all alone the way.

This Lakers team has shown no sign of improvement after 8+5 games.

And enough with the patience [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. Do the Maverics, who basically did a complete overhaul over the summer - not to mention with much less talents than the Lakers, need patience? Last I checked they are 4-1 so far. You know why? Because they have a better coach than the Lakers. Nuff said.

The Lakers have only played five games. Those 8 pre-season games mean nothing especially considering the fact that we had our best players in and out of the lineup and only played one full game together. So far in the regular season the Lakers have only played one full game together which was the season opener. Alot of people seem to forget that one of our best players Steve Nash is out.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:53 pm

even though nash is out we should still be able to win win kobe dwight and pau.

defense has not been there. focussing on learning princeton takes up all their time in practice. we need set rotations so the guys can start jelling and getting chemistry and cohesion
Ariza3

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Alot of people seem to forget that one of our best players Steve Nash is out.

ehhhhh that's just an excuse. nash or not, we are still rolling out dwight, pau, and kobe. that should be more than enough to win some games.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Alot of people seem to forget that one of our best players Steve Nash is out.

ehhhhh that's just an excuse. nash or not, we are still rolling out dwight, pau, and kobe. that should be more than enough to win some games.

I'm not excusing it just pointing it out when you have a great player like Nash out who would make life much easier for his teammates than it makes it very difficult. Besides when you look at the losses they aren't really to bad teams. Utah was a playoff team last season and very tough to beat at home. Lakers rarely win there. Same goes for Portland although they didn't make the postseason last season, but still a very good team at the Rose Garden. Dallas is 4-1 and playing great without Dirk. The Clippers are one of the best teams in the league.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:09 pm

You never do say Tex if staying the course in your mind means sticking with Potato?? That is as bad a plan for this franchise as his bench rotations are for maximizing the personnel Mitch put here for this season.
LTLakerFan

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:I'm not excusing it just pointing it out when you have a great player like Nash out who would make life much easier for his teammates than it makes it very difficult. Besides when you look at the losses they aren't really to bad teams. Utah was a playoff team last season and very tough to beat at home. Lakers rarely win there. Same goes for Portland although they didn't make the postseason last season, but still a very good team at the Rose Garden. Dallas is 4-1 and playing great without Dirk. The Clippers are one of the best teams in the league.

losing to good teams is still losing. what's more, losing consistently to these types of teams added to the WAY that we are losing, aka convincingly, is alarming.

if our aspirations are championship or bust, if we really are to consider ourselves to be one of the upper echelon teams, the fact that we've only looked convincing against detroit (one of the WORST teams in the league) this whole "well, at least we're losing to good teams" schpiel does not make me feel any better in the slightest.

lakersyunowin

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:29 pm

Again I'm not trying to excuse the losses. It's very evident that the Lakers must play better if they're to accomplish their goal of winning championship. All I'm saying is the teams they lost to weren't bad teams. Doesn't excuse it, but it's also a very long season. Because of that the Lakers have plenty of time to fix these issues. The biggest thing is getting Nash back. Once we get him back we can finally try to develop some chemistry with all these new guys.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:47 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Again I'm not trying to excuse the losses. It's very evident that the Lakers must play better if they're to accomplish their goal of winning championship. All I'm saying is the teams they lost to weren't bad teams. Doesn't excuse it, but it's also a very long season. Because of that the Lakers have plenty of time to fix these issues. The biggest thing is getting Nash back. Once we get him back we can finally try to develop some chemistry with all these new guys.

Dallas without Dirk is horrendous. Getting Nash back is the least of our worries. That is just like putting lipstick on a pig.

Are you an inspiring writer or something? Why all of these opinion columns?
JGC

Postby solenstyle on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:49 pm

It's not about the losses. It's more about how we're losing. Almost every game since pre season has been a blowout, and then the Lakers fight their way back to a 8-12 pt loss. It's pathetic.

The Heat never lost like that except for maybe once or twice. They lost a lot of close games. Their wins during that time were blowouts as well.
solenstyle

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:51 pm

solenstyle wrote:It's not about the losses. It's more about how we're losing. Almost every game since pre season has been a blowout, and then the Lakers fight their way back to a 8-12 pt loss. It's pathetic.

The Heat never lost like that except for maybe once or twice. They lost a lot of close games. Their wins during that time were blowouts as well.

Bingo. The record just makes it sting even more. If we were playing well enough to win but just couldn't close out games but was otherwise playing well, I wouldn't be panicking at ALL. But we don't do anything well offensively on any consistent basis.
JGC

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:53 pm

JGC wrote:
solenstyle wrote:It's not about the losses. It's more about how we're losing. Almost every game since pre season has been a blowout, and then the Lakers fight their way back to a 8-12 pt loss. It's pathetic.

Bingo. The record just makes it sting even more. If we were playing well enough to win but just couldn't close out games but was otherwise playing well, I wouldn't be panicking at ALL. But we don't do anything well offensively on any consistent basis.

We have played enough to win. We were in all of those games for the most part. We only lost to Dallas by 8, to the Clippers and Blazers by 10, and Utah last night by 9. We just haven't been able to execute down the stretch. That's where getting Nash back will help. He will set up guys and make the offense far more fluid.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:55 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
JGC wrote:

We have played enough to win. We were in all of those games for the most part. We only lost to Dallas by 8, to the Clippers and Blazers by 10, and Utah last night by 9. We just haven't been able to execute down the stretch. That's where getting Nash back will help. He will set up guys and make the offense far more fluid.

:man3: we must have been watching different games
lakersyunowin

Postby solenstyle on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:04 pm

Preseason:

On Avg lost by: 15.25 pts

Season:

On Avg lost by: 9.25 pts

All of our losses could have been worse. Against Utah, we were at one point down by 15 or 16. Against the Clippers, we were down 15 through 3 quarters. Against Portland, through 3 quarters we were down by 16.

When the Heat were 9-8, they lost on avg by 7 pts. They won on avg by 17.33 pts.
Last edited by solenstyle on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solenstyle

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
JGC wrote:

Ok, be honest here. Do you have DirecTV or Dish?

And how can one play well enough to win, yet lose by an average of 9 points per game? If your PPG differential was -9, you'd be in the bottom 3 worst teams in the NBA. Wait, are you being facetious? Not sure if serious here.

It's weird because you think we played well enough to win, and yet, I think these Lakers so far have played the worst basketball offensively, that I have ever seen any Laker team play since I moved down here in 2001 and yes that includes the post-Shaq Smush Parker Lakers.
JGC

Postby purp n gold on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:09 pm

There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:11 pm

gotta limit turnovers and play smarter on d. play together and not force things. when were glowing it looks awesome and then there's stretches where it's messy and sloppy play, lazy, etc and that's where our problems start. also the fact that our bench is terrible with miles rotations. bench needs Meeks and Jamison to be featured and now duhon over morris.
Ariza3

Postby solenstyle on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:11 pm

I edited this into my post:

When the Heat were 9-8, they lost on avg by 7 pts. They won on avg by 17.33 pts.
solenstyle

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:12 pm

I wonder if everyone thinks he sucks as a coach now. Or maybe he does, and Miami is just good enough to overcome it.
JGC

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion