Is the league going to be pissed?

Is the league going to be pissed?

Postby KB24 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:49 am

So far the league has not been really pissed for the Dwight trade...why? because the Lakers have sucked.

But considering how Bynum hasn't played a single second this season...and then not only do we get Dwight (although hurt too)....but we somehow turn a "throw-in" like Clark into a regular starter. Imagine trading Bynum for Dwight and the current Clark...LOL. And on top of all of that...even the second throw-in Duhon came in very handy with Nash and Blake being hurt for months.

I don't know how much luck is involved in this...I know though, had the Lakers been winning games from the beginning, there would have been a lot of "this league is fixed" FUD buzzing around the league. Somehow the Lakers managed to get lucky in all of this...as usual.

But do you expect an outrage once again when the Lakers actually put it all together this season? Or do you think thats water under the bridge already? I know the Gasol deal for example kept going for years even though his brother was already an all-star in the making and the deal didn't look terrible at all.

This one is looking more ridiculous with every passing day.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Re: Is the league going to be pissed?

Postby Ice-Fire on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:20 am

Even if Howard bolts, we have a Semi-star player in Clark and we can possible add a few more stars to this team when Gasol's/Kobes/Howards contracts come's off the books.
Ice-Fire

Postby trodgers on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:21 am

I think you're onto something. If LA can continue to win, the trade will bring out new crybabies. They'll be pissed that we traded an injured Bynum for an eventually healthy Howard, and the "throw in" will have their heads spinning.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby abeer3 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:15 am

i think people will be happy...until anything good happens for la. missing the playoffs this year would probably quell some of the hatred for a brief period, but when the lakers recruit a star or two in 2014, it will be back on. your average fan probably doesn't even really know why they hate the lakers. it's like breathing.
abeer3

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:00 am

I don't really give a damn about the rest of the league's thoughts on this. The rest of the league has done their utmost to destroy us. They're going to be upset no matter what we do.

They all had the opportunity to go get Earl Clark, but no one thought he was worth anything. We went and got him, no one can complain about that.

This is why to me Mitch Kupchak is the greatest GM of all time, better even than Jerry. In Jerry's time we weren't quite so hated, we weren't quite so determinedly opposed. Now we're the team that the CBA was literally built to destroy and we're still remaining relevant.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:15 am

LA winning = outrage
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby 432J on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:13 am

but what most morons out there won't realize is that bynum got hurt after he was traded to philadelphia

or else the trade obviously wouldn't have gone through
432J

Postby khmrP on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:38 am

I'd rather have a winning record and not have gone through all this turmoil and have "lucked" out in discovering Clark. The injury bug also gave Jamison a 2nd chance too but again I rather us be already in the trenches fighting for a top spot in positioning then what we're going through now, who cares what the league thinks in terms of being fixed this fixed that, they still having a ball laughing at all our misery. Granted the Bynum part I'm glad its no longer our problem.
khmrP

Return to Lakers Discussion