The Most Probable Lakers Line Up for Next Season...

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 19, 2003 2:44 pm

Well, I admit I thought they were one and the same because I would not EVER try to envision a league that had TWO fukin' ways to hurt a team that wanted to get as many quality players as they could. Are freakin' Nazis running the NBA. Pick one or the other for god's sake, beacuse two restrictions are two TOO many!

I wasn't doubting you, I just didn't know we had so much restraint on our team. I had unreasonable hope but now it is gone. We ARE over now, I realize that. Who is going to come to LA to be a #3 scorer for 4.5 mil....NO ONE WORTH THE MONEY!
Snakell Beast

Free Agents

Postby Lakeshow on Mon May 19, 2003 4:22 pm

Clark, Molone, Payton!!!! You're living in a dream world. Lakers don't have the money. Also this looks good on paper but you now have to many players who want the spotlight. They would not be able to play togeather. Remember one thing this SHAQ AND KOBE"S HOUSE!!!! Anyone who tries to com in and take over will cause major problems for the team and we would be looking a waste of money, time and another loosing season. We need mid level palyers who are consistant and willing to support Shaq and Kobe. Payton and PJ Brown? Now that sounds more likely to me. Nobody is sure what Payton is asking for money wise. Alos remember Payton has a house in Vegas which is 30minutes away by airplane and a 4 hour drive. Point being this puts him near his family. :jam2:
Lakeshow

Postby TheLakesho on Mon May 19, 2003 5:53 pm

Hey Lakers4ever

The last time i checked, Kobe, Shaq, and Phil are the core of this team, NOT DEREK FISHER.

I know everybody likes Fish, i like him too. But if we can use him to get a higher draft pick and get a BETTER pg like ARENAS im for it.

I don't care how much your heart goes out to the guy. Its about making the team better. Enough with the heart and the unselfishness. We're too unselfish. We need some athletisism and we need some more perimeter scoring.

Luke and Arenas would bring that to this team.

Unless your name is Shaq or Kobe you always have a chance of being traded on this team.
TheLakesho

Postby TheLakesho on Mon May 19, 2003 5:56 pm

Oh and BTW, Rush does have potential, but the last time i checked, Luke and David West had potential too. Which players have more potential is for the GM to decide.
TheLakesho

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 19, 2003 7:56 pm

None of them look like they have much promise to me. We won't get anywhere with our draft picks because it is rare to get a good player from the draft when you NEED it. Draft picks are often not what they appear from the experts and since we don't have the talent recognition of Jerry West on our side any more, we will wind up with two wasted picks no matter where we pick from...#1 or #24...
Snakell Beast

Postby TheLakesho on Tue May 20, 2003 4:38 pm

IDK about that. If we had 1-5 we could take Lebron, Mililic, Carmelo, T.J. Ford, or Bosh. That wouldn't seem like a waste to me.

It's very unlikely that we would get to trade up for one of those guys. Packaging both picks or a player could get us into the running for players who are not too far off like Ridnour, West(the guy av. 20ppg and 11rpg and nbadraft.net has him going 1 pick before us!) Hinrich, or Collison.

Any time you take a player from the draft it obviously not a sure thing. Its a risk because they haven't played nba ball yet. But to say that anyone we pick will be garbage is ridiculous. Kobe, KG, and Duncan were all in the draft once too. They didn't turn out to be garbage.
TheLakesho

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 2:50 pm

They were all picked WAY before #24 or #32 though...
Snakell Beast

Postby Guest on Thu May 22, 2003 3:26 pm

Like i said, package BOTH picks and maybe a Rush or Slava and we could possibly get into the top 10.

The Most probable Laker Lineup

Postby STC on Thu May 22, 2003 4:18 pm

I realize we are in a tough place with the salary cap. But I think it would be a phenomenal off season if we landed P.J. Brown and Gary Payton. It's not quite the youth we would like, but it would buy us another couple of years to go that way. Brown and Payton would greatly improve our team defense by being able to slow down all the great P.F.'s and P.G.'s in the West. And thier offensive game is enough to keep opposing defenses honest, thus opening the game more for Kobe and Shaq. The both have the right temperment, vets who haven't seen a parade yet, and aren't likely to destroy our team chemistry. Additionally, having these guys as starters actually improves our bench. That would mean Fisher for instance would go up against other second team guards instead of all the great Points he's been having to defend.
STC

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 4:41 pm

Yes!!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 8:28 pm

GP likes it in Mil. He will stay and they will reward him with a career ending contract for about 6 mil a year. We won't get GP. We will only get a PG that is either considered not valuable (Darrell Armstrong) or possibly a guy viewed as too inconsistent (Andre Miller) but would Phil or Mitch take a gamble, or just draft a PG and use Pargo and Fisher as our 1 and 2...
Snakell Beast

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion