The Most Probable Lakers Line Up for Next Season...

The Most Probable Lakers Line Up for Next Season...

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun May 18, 2003 1:48 pm

This is most likely going to be our roster next year. We will use Big Shot Rob as our back up SF until Rick is healthy. Estimates put Rick in about 15-20 games into the season at the latest (because of his determined rehab) in the middle of training camp and ready for preseason at the earliest. But worst case scenario has Rick ready for the playoffs and if Horry needs rest, we can always use Kobe as the SF and Kareem Rush as the SG until Fox is healthy.

First Team:
ImageImageImageImageImage<br>

The Bench Mob:

The Left Overs:
ImageImage<br>

Injured Reserve:
Image<br>
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun May 18, 2003 1:59 pm

This is our Alternate Roster, needed for if Rick goes past 15-20 games into the season:

First Team:

The Bench Mob:

The Left Overs:
ImageImage<br>

Injured Reserve:
Image<br>
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun May 18, 2003 2:00 pm

This is our PLAYOFF Roster:

First Team:

The Bench Mob:

The Left Overs:
ImageImage<br>

Injured Reserve:
Image<br>
Snakell Beast

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 18, 2003 2:23 pm

I know that GP wants to play for the Lakers, but do you think the amount of money will prevent him from being one? Hopefully, he opts for the ring.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun May 18, 2003 2:30 pm

At his age, he has two choices...Milwuakee or Los Angeles...hmmm...tough choice...
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 2:30 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:I know that GP wants to play for the Lakers, but do you think the amount of money will prevent him from being one? Hopefully, he opts for the ring.

Nah, I dont think money is a thang.... He wants a ring, and so does Karl... But u really think Keon will come here, him bein a King and all.... Even if he does I guess it'll be coo and all... GP and Malone...dayam who woulda eva thought they'd bring their talents to the Lakers.... it's gonna be weird with them on our roster, but I'd accept it!! :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun May 18, 2003 2:40 pm

OK, let's think about this logically. Here is why they are shoe-ins...

Keon Clark: He was a third or fourth option for the Kings in their front court behind Webber, Divac, Pollard and Turkoglu. He would be the back up for shaq and the second to third option at PF for a championship team that actually NEEDS him. HMMM...what will he do....so tough to decide...

Karl Malone: He has already lost John Stockton and the Jazz aren't very interested in keeping him and staying stagnant for another season. The Lakers (and Phil) won't sign Stro Swift (too young), Howard (unproven in playoffs) or PJ Brown (health concerns compared to Malone's iron man tendencies) and Phil has already given management his good house keeping seal of approval for Malone.

Gary Payton: Gary wants a championship. He has seen his friend and former teammate (Shawn Kemp) go for money and ruin his career. he is also 35 and not getting any younger. Any deal he gets from a young and rebuilding team won't be for more than a few years as a temporary stop gap, which will be his role for the Lakers (while Pargo develops) except for the tiny insignificant detail of winning rings while he is that stop gap in LA as opposed to missing the playoffs (or being beaten down in the first round) for the rest of his days....hmmm...all of these tough things to consider on this post....is this jeopardy....
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers4Ever on Sun May 18, 2003 2:46 pm

PLEASE NO KARL MALONE!!! We always talk about getting mor athletic players and Malone obviously isn't the answer. We need younger players as well as veterans, and we already got the veterans.
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 2:53 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:OK, let's think about this logically. Here is why they are shoe-ins...

Keon Clark: He was a third or fourth option for the Kings in their front court behind Webber, Divac, Pollard and Turkoglu. He would be the back up for shaq and the second to third option at PF for a championship team that actually NEEDS him. HMMM...what will he do....so tough to decide...

Karl Malone: He has already lost John Stockton and the Jazz aren't very interested in keeping him and staying stagnant for another season. The Lakers (and Phil) won't sign Stro Swift (too young), Howard (unproven in playoffs) or PJ Brown (health concerns compared to Malone's iron man tendencies) and Phil has already given management his good house keeping seal of approval for Malone.

Gary Payton: Gary wants a championship. He has seen his friend and former teammate (Shawn Kemp) go for money and ruin his career. he is also 35 and not getting any younger. Any deal he gets from a young and rebuilding team won't be for more than a few years as a temporary stop gap, which will be his role for the Lakers (while Pargo develops) except for the tiny insignificant detail of winning rings while he is that stop gap in LA as opposed to missing the playoffs (or being beaten down in the first round) for the rest of his days....hmmm...all of these tough things to consider on this post....is this jeopardy....

I feel ya on this... Keon needs tyme, and bein the 3rd to 4th option on the Kings isn't what he wants.. I just hope he doesn't wanna just be in for the money. But Malone and GP want a ring, cuz they're vets without the most prized possession. Even though I don't like it when Malone throws them bo's, his consistancy through his carrer has defenetly proven himself worthy. GP's a great ball handler, and great passer. His leadership will be good on the court with the rest of the Lakers.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Sun May 18, 2003 4:40 pm

Im sorry guys but i can't believe what im hearing here. You guys are saying that we're gonna get Keon, Malone, and GP?? Im sorry but that would never, ever happen.

You just contradicted yourself horribly. You said that Keon Clark didn't like being the 3rd or 4th option on the Kings but you think he is going to come here and be the backup center and 3rd option at pf?!?!?! THATS RIDICULOUS!!

If we were lucky enough to get Keon Clark (it probably won't happen) he would be our starting pf for sure.

On top of that, we don't have nearly enough money to pay all three of those players. They would all want the mid level exception. That's all we can give them besides the verterans min. We can't split the MLE between three players.

And if we had all three it would not be good for team chemistry at all. Malone wants to break kareems record, Payton and Keon will want their shots too.

No chance ever we would sign all those 3 players this offseason. Only in a dreamworld.

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 4:43 pm

Keon is like the 4th option on the Kings, here he'll be the back up to Shaq...so I dont see that as contradictin mahself. It can all work out for whatever reasons, and we can sign Malone and GP for the mim vet, and they prolly wouldnt mind, seein that a ring is in close distance away.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun May 18, 2003 5:07 pm

LOL... are you serious about that line-up?.. We'd be lucky to have one of the three you mentioned. Don't blame the Management if we get only one player from the list you mentioned. The Blame is to Ownership. Compared to the other NBA team Owners ... The Lakers is still a MOMS and POPS team. The Blazer, SAC, DALLAS...etc. The more competitive teams are all owned by MULTI BILLIONAIRE CORPORATIONS. Those teams could care less about luxury tax while the LAKERS on the other hand don't even want to spent a cent afraid of the dollar for dollar penalty caused by the luxury tax. That is whats keeping the LAKERS from being competitive in the Free Agent Market and nothing else. Do you think Marc Cuban cares about LUXURY taxes..... hell no. He'd spend any amount of money to get the best possible free agent player out there if it would help his team. Buss on the otherhand is gambling his two AMAZING SUPERSTARS could carry load. This year his gamble fails. I see only by getting lucking in the Draft will we get youth and desire back to the Lakers.

P.s. We could use Jerry West or Del Harris's expertise in the draft. They picked up Gems in the draft. Divac, Campbell, Van Exel, Kobe (sign and trade), Fisher. Hmmm... what will Kupjack do?... pull another Kareem Rush.... LOL Rush sucks and he needs to go. I bet Mitch was hoping he'd turn out to be a PEELER type player... but someone forgot to give the kid some balls out there.... LOL... he sucks.

KOBE our real MVP
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 5:12 pm

Look, don't go off on players that really havent got that much playin time. Rush is just a rookie, and well now we can expect more out of him. And if u wanna talk about Del Harris, well he's the one that never liked Kobe. Jerry was the one that got him, and Del didn't wanna risk tradin Vlade at the time, on an 17 year old outta HS! But in Kobe's 1st year he wasn't all that great. Look at the player he's developed into. Ur just goin offa one season dissin Rush like this, when u were prolly dissin Kobe back then for wantin to be the main man. But it was Kobe's LACK OF EXPERIENCE in the NBA that held him back. :man7:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby TheLakesho on Sun May 18, 2003 5:14 pm

Well lets put it this way. I disagreed with you because i do not think that Malone or Payton would ever sign for the vets. min. In their minds they are still very good players who deserve more money. Thats kind of why i don't really want them here to begin with. Its the attitude that they bring. Malone wants a championship but he also wants to break Kareems record and that would mean he would have to av. 20ppg and that would take shots away from kobe and shaq. Not good.

I disagreed with you about Keon because you said he would not like being a 3rd or 4th option on the kings but he could come here and backup shaq. Well shaq plays about 36 mpg which would leave Keon with about 12 minutes a game. With 12 minutes a game he would be a 6th or 7th option.

I would love to get Keon but he would definitly start if we got him and he would be a 3rd option behind Kobe and Shaq. That makes more sense to me anyway.
TheLakesho

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 5:19 pm

TheLakesho wrote:Well lets put it this way. I disagreed with you because i do not think that Malone or Payton would ever sign for the vets. min. In their minds they are still very good players who deserve more money. Thats kind of why i don't really want them here to begin with. Its the attitude that they bring. Malone wants a championship but he also wants to break Kareems record and that would mean he would have to av. 20ppg and that would take shots away from kobe and shaq. Not good.

I disagreed with you about Keon because you said he would not like being a 3rd or 4th option on the kings but he could come here and backup shaq. Well shaq plays about 36 mpg which would leave Keon with about 12 minutes a game. With 12 minutes a game he would be a 6th or 7th option.

I would love to get Keon but he would definitly start if we got him and he would be a 3rd option behind Kobe and Shaq. That makes more sense to me anyway.

Yea I know what ur sayin, but Malone is gonna have to get some shot attempts in the game anyway. Breakin a streak is prolly 2nd in his mind, if it comes it comes. But sure GP and Malone prolly still think they're good players, which they are, but what's most important is that they're not gettin any younger. They wanna play for a championship team, and get their 1st ring. I'm bettin Keon wont complain playin back up to Shaq.... lol :man9:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby TheLakesho on Sun May 18, 2003 5:25 pm

If Buss is willing to spend a little bit of money this offseason we could pick up a couple quality players.

Even if Horry, Walker, Madsen, Murray, and Shaw all walk away and we don't sign anyone else we will still be over the cap. So we might as well sign a couple guys that will help us win anothe championship and pay the stupid luxury tax.

I don't like Payton and Malone as much bc they will want too many shots and we're trying to get younger and more athletic.

Arenas would be a great pickup. We would need to offer more than the MLE to get him though. The way i figure it, Horry-Walker-Madsen-Murray-Shaw combined made about 12 million last year. We could offer 12 million between Arenas and Clark.

Sign them both and we will be no worse off in the salary cap than we were last season unless there is some cap rule that i am failing to see.

Then we could possibly even trade Fish or Rush for a draft pick to clear up some cap room and draft a nice player like Luke or David West or both if we use a pick that we traded for and our original pick at 24.

Our lineup could look like this

Starting: Arenas, Kobe, George, Clark, Shaq

Backup: (assuming we trade Fish) Luke, Rush, Fox, West, Slava
TheLakesho

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 5:32 pm

It sounds good, but I'm not all for gettin rid of Fish or Rush. Well Shaw's already gone along with Samaki, so there's no worries there. Horry is willin to take a pay cut to stay with the Lakers no matter what, cuz he's not all for learnin somethin new.... we are still tryin to sign Madsen...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby TheLakesho on Sun May 18, 2003 5:38 pm

Horry might go to Houston for his daughter. If that's what he decides im behind him. He gave us a lot of good seasons. I really appreciate what he did.

If he wants to stay here and take a paycut then thats cool too.

I just want the lakers to do a couple things this offseason.

-get a defensive minded, rebounding, unselfish, strong pf.

-get a offensive 3rd option (Arenas would be great)

-free up some minutes for slava. See if the guy can play consistently. He played well against S.A.
TheLakesho

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun May 18, 2003 5:42 pm

hey LAKERGYRL

... concerning RUSH... Why do you think Pargo got more playing time in the playoffs?... Cause RUSH SUCKS... Concerning KOBE in his ROOKIE year.... I saw him play live at the LONG BEACH PYRAMID and I knew he was going to be great!!. His first game that summer he had like 27 points against men and he was playing against detroit with Theo Ratliff on that squad. So yes, I was a KOBE fan from the very START of his career in the NBA. I just don't like Rush cause he looks lost and scared. Check your sources ... Kobe was brought in for a work out by WEST and Harris looked him over. Harris pitted Eddie Jones against KOBE and KOBE got the best of him. Harris didn't play KOBE much that year because WEST strictly said to bring the kid KOBE to the league slowly.

Lates..
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 5:44 pm

Yes...players need to play to see if their game is consistant. You never know, we prolly have our consistant player already, we just dont know we do yet, cuz Phil doesn't play everyone equally... But we'll never know until a spark lights up! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4Ever on Mon May 19, 2003 12:51 am

Then we could possibly even trade Fish or Rush for a draft pick to clear up some cap room and draft a nice player like Luke or David West or both if we use a pick that we traded for and our original pick at 24

You've got to be kidding... How can you even think about trading Fisher? He's the core of the Laker crew?!!! Plus rush has potential and just needs experience. Have you not seen his games when he played for Missouri????? He shot lights out in every single game!!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon May 19, 2003 12:53 am

Thank you Lakers4Eva!! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby LakerPride on Mon May 19, 2003 11:42 am

SB,

put down the crack pipe and walk away....slowly....

The Lakers are not going to sign those three dudes. It's called a sallary cap buddy. I'm going to try to clean up some of this nonesense on another thread...
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 19, 2003 1:14 pm

Look, I'll ignore the fact that you keep bringing up the luxury tax like it is prohibitive of signing players past the mark, it is not. It simply charges a team (dollar for dollar) whatever amount they go over the tax. we either sign players like Keon, Karl and GP (or other types of players) or we are doomed and this truly was the end. You honestly think if we get some young players from the end of the first round and the beginning of the second, they will come in and produce anything but a few points here and there? Who's smoking crack now? We need players that Phil wants, players that know the game, and most importantly players that have NBA EXPERIENCE. That was our problem this year, all of our benchers were so green it was freaky. If we don't sign a minimum of three proven and quality players (regardless of price) we will be a 40-50 win team and will be ousted in the first round...
Snakell Beast

Postby LakerPride on Mon May 19, 2003 2:28 pm

Look man, I don't mean to be disrespectful but calm down and learn a little about how the NBA works before you start questioning me. It really takes away from your credibility.

The Lux tax is different from the salary cap man....

I'll say it again.

If a team is over the Salary cap they can ONLY use exceptions. That's IT!!!!!

A team gets over the LT by increasing the salaries of their own players and by using their exceptions every year. A lot of teams don't use the MLE and other exceptions every year because of their fears of the dollar for dollar tax. Some teams have even lost their OWN free agents because of the owners fears of the LT.
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion