The Offseason Begins...Here are some Suggestions

The Offseason Begins...Here are some Suggestions

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 15, 2003 9:25 pm

We have the two most doninant forces in the game, we need to keep Devean, Slava and Kareem, let Shaw retire, make Horry take the minumum or get out of town and dump Fox, Walker, Madsen and Pargo (sorry but he is not a triangle PG, and he makes fundamentally bad decisions at crucial times, is too far off of his game, and can't play good enough defense which is just too much of a project and besides, if we are gonna get GP, JT or GA we aren't gonna dump D-Fish) and then draft guys we KNOW can come in and contribute with hustle and HEIGHT/ATHLETICISM, pick up as many free agents as we can (luxury tax be damned) and build a solid team that could win 40-50 games WITHOUT Shaq or Kobe. Then we'll see how the rest of the league copes...
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 10:44 pm

The best thing I can say that came out of this series was the impact that Slava had. He came outta no where, and started showing his caliber, and was a force to be recken with. He looked great out there, but he still could work on his D in the off-season. I agree, we need to let Shaw retire, and we need to let go Samaki. But I'm not so sure about letting Madsen go. I like him as a player, and he still can produce better. There's gonna be alotta new faces next year.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby shaqass on Thu May 15, 2003 11:51 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:The best thing I can say that came out of this series was the impact that Slava had. He came outta no where, and started showing his caliber, and was a force to be recken with. He looked great out there, but he still could work on his D in the off-season. I agree, we need to let Shaw retire, and we need to let go Samaki. But I'm not so sure about letting Madsen go. I like him as a player, and he still can produce better. There's gonna be alotta new faces next year.

If we keep Madsen, Slava and Horry (I remember you saying in another thread that you want to keep Horry, but I might be wrong) and we try to get one of the good PF in the market that will make a lot of PF! :man4:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 11:54 pm

shaqass wrote:
LakersGyrl2003 wrote:The best thing I can say that came out of this series was the impact that Slava had. He came outta no where, and started showing his caliber, and was a force to be recken with. He looked great out there, but he still could work on his D in the off-season. I agree, we need to let Shaw retire, and we need to let go Samaki. But I'm not so sure about letting Madsen go. I like him as a player, and he still can produce better. There's gonna be alotta new faces next year.

If we keep Madsen, Slava and Horry (you wrote something like that in another thread but I might be wrong) and we try to get one of the good PF in the market that will make a lot of PF! :man4:

I'm sayin keep Madsen, and Slava... But it looks like Horry's time is coming to an end... :o( it wouldn't hurt to have a better PF. But hey if they get rid of them, then so be it. I'm just so proud of how Madsen shined this season, and how Slava shined in this series. They showed their potential, and I'm grateful something wonderful came outta this season.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby shaqass on Fri May 16, 2003 12:05 am

Yes that was nice to see. I love to see Madsen play! I don't know which kind of battery he has but we should buy the same for a couple of other Lakers' player (will not give any names....). I regret that Phil didn't gave the chance to the rooky earlier. That would have been valuable for this playoff. But it's easy to criticize Phil now. He is the master, he has done what he thought was good...even him will learn something this year! And now so many questions... Phil will come back next year? Are Shaq performances going down or was that just a bad year? Do we have to build around Kobe?
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Madsen

Postby Guest on Fri May 16, 2003 12:25 am

Madsen has to go. Seriously. I love his heart, but he's limited and will never get better.

Last night made it perfectly clear. We need a PF that can defend in the low post and keep Ds honest with a nice midrange shot. Dog him all you want, but Malone is that guy. PJ Brown is my 2nd choice.

Postby GoldenEye on Fri May 16, 2003 12:27 am

A dream will be another Oneal as Jermaine ...
Just a dream :man6:
GoldenEye

Postby LakerPride on Fri May 16, 2003 12:57 am

keep Madsen as the head cheerleader. Other than that...the dude is good for nothing...he can't shoot and he can't defend.....he sucks...plain and simple....if the lakers keep him it should only be for chemistery reasons...
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri May 16, 2003 1:04 am

Trade up to get MELO from the 'CUSE in the draft.

I know its only a dream, but I wish it was a reality.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 16, 2003 1:20 am

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:Trade up to get MELO from the 'CUSE in the draft.

I know its only a dream, but I wish it was a reality.

Melo was at the game :man6:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4Ever on Fri May 16, 2003 1:23 pm

You guys must not have watched Mark Madsen play when he was in Stanford?!?! He can definitely shoot the outside shot, and has a power game, but just needs work. He can DEFINITELY get better and I would keep him on the team. He is our Kurt Rambis of 2000+ and we should aknowledge that. Much love to the MADDOG!!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri May 16, 2003 2:58 pm

Mad dog should be back. He's the emotional force of the team.

Also, I know that Kareem is only a rookie and it will take time, but there are so many times that he looks bad out there, when he actually gets in those few times. People will say that rookies don'e contribute, but my response is look at Tayshaun Prince from Detroit. He is ballin for them and contributing in a major way. We should have gotten Prince instead of Rush.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Reddy on Fri May 16, 2003 3:00 pm

I love the Maddog.
his hustles
i love him
i hope he can come back
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 16, 2003 3:03 pm

I love his hustle and heart, but athletically speaking he is just too far down on the totem pole. Mark will have a job somewhere, but our money being spent on him is better spent on a guy like Alonzo Mourning or Keon Clark. We need to get two starting quality PFs and Keep Slava. His 'D on duncan in the first half was great. He poked the ball out, he got crucial rebounds, and he blocked a shot down low, with more experience he can be our future @ PF so we need guys like Malone and PJ Brown because they will bridge the development gap until Slava is ready to start. Devean will start next year which should VASTLY improve his consistency and Kareem should get more PT which can be a great thing with the potential he has. All we need is two athletic and talented PFs, a starting PG, a backup SF, a backup C and a few draft picks to tinker with. That sounds like a lot but there are SOOO Many SFs, PGs and PFs in Free Agency this off-season...it should be simple...
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion