The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby dj vitus on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:13 pm

It's easier to predict the outcome of these games now. Vegas, baby! :jam2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby gcclaker on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:16 pm

GNC wrote:Thanks for the laugh Doc-- much needed :man10: :man10:

Doc's a good guy...and I am not into pandas. Option 1.

Jeez...it's really come down to this for everybody. Shades of Paul Westhead...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Not worried quite yet. Still absolutely hating Mike Brown's rotations. That cost us the game tonight. We had no offense with his "length" lineup. The guys on the radio are calling for Meeks. Stu I think called for Meeks.

Yet we're going with World Peace.

I'm optimistic that maybe soon we start realizing that Brown's not the guy for this team. I don't know who is. Maybe it's Sloan, maybe it's Jordan, maybe it's Bickerstaff of JVG, but it's not Brown. I don't think he'll be fired any time soon, but I'm optimistic that Jim Buss isn't so in love with him that he'd waste a 100 million dollar investment for a 4 million dollar one.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby thkthebest on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Lakers fans really need to start a "We Want Meeks!" chant or something. Force Brown to play him.
thkthebest

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:20 pm

6 straight home games comin up

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:28 pm

The Rock wrote:6 straight home games comin up

7-4?
One can only dream.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 pm

Finwë wrote:

7-4?
One can only dream.

try 3 and 8
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Finwë wrote:

7-4?
One can only dream.

Even that record looks terrible...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby thkthebest on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Finwë wrote:

7-4?
One can only dream.

:man10:

We would need Jesus as our HC to make this happen.
thkthebest

Postby gill on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:45 pm

We already dropped 2 at home and you want 6 in a row??? :man10:
gill

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:54 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:
Finwë wrote:

7-4?
One can only dream.

try 3 and 8

Really? You think we can win 2 games? Hmm I don't know
:man10:
Last edited by Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:58 pm

OK, these are the upcoming games at Staples:

Fri 9 vs Golden State - I predict a W. 2-4

Sun 11 vs Sacramento - We have to beat this ****ing team at least once. W. 3-4

Tue 13 vs San Antonio - fuggedaboudit. 3-5

Fri 16 vs Phoenix - W. 4-5

Sun 18 vs Houston - Tough one. I'm going to be optimistic and say W. 5-5 (500! yay!)

Tue 20 vs Brooklyn - L. 5-6 (.500 didn't last long, did it?)

4-2 after this 6 game home stint. That's my prediction. Place your bets gentlemen.
Finwë

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:01 pm

If you're living in LA area and have some cash to spend now is the time to go attend games, the ticket prices are gonna go down like crazy. 6 home games in a row.

I sat in the lower bowl last Sunday and paid $80 for my ticket...which is unheard of for Laker games.
Last edited by The Rock on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Nashty Gal on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 pm

The Rock wrote:If you're living in LA are and have some cash to spend now is the time to go attend games, the ticket prices are gonna go down like crazy. 6 home games in a row.

I sat in the lower bowl last Sunday and paid $80 for my ticket...which is unheard of for Laker games.

I don't wanna pay to see Mike Brown that close lol
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:03 pm

Janine Garcia wrote:
The Rock wrote:If you're living in LA are and have some cash to spend now is the time to go attend games, the ticket prices are gonna go down like crazy. 6 home games in a row.

I don't wanna pay to see Mike Brown that close lol

check your text lol

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:05 pm

Finwë wrote:OK, these are the upcoming games at Staples:

Sun 18 vs Houston - Tough one. I'm going to be optimistic and say W. 5-5 (500! yay!)

4-2 after this 6 game home stint. That's my prediction. Place your bets gentlemen.

I like it! I think we can beat Brooklyn though, no Gerald Wallace, at least for now, but they had trouble with the Raptors, lost to the Wolves, & got murdered by the Heat, make that 6-5 :jam2:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm making great money on betting on Lakers losses ... bet a total of 500 euros so far .... got 1700 euros back :jam2:
wcsoldier81

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:06 pm

The Rock wrote:If you're living in LA area and have some cash to spend now is the time to go attend games, the ticket prices are gonna go down like crazy. 6 home games in a row.

Which is why I think a change will happen if the Lakers continue to stumble and bumble. If the product on the floor isn't generating revenue from the fans (and it is more than just ticket sales) how can management justify those prices? They can't. Buss is not stupid. The Lakers is a money making machine.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:06 pm

I dont like this. I feel like the lakers may win games at home, delaying the inevitable. Mike Brown must go, the sooner, the better.
King of Clutch

Postby Nashty Gal on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Big Mamma Jamma wrote:
The Rock wrote:If you're living in LA area and have some cash to spend now is the time to go attend games, the ticket prices are gonna go down like crazy. 6 home games in a row.

Which is why I think a change will happen if the Lakers continue to stumble and bumble. If the product on the floor isn't generating revenue from the fans (and it is more than just ticket sales) how can management justify those prices? They can't. Buss is not stupid. The Lakers is a money making machine.

Yeah, Brown took the excitement right outta this team. I'm lazy to make any efforts to get the new channel. If everyone can just Ignore the lakers until they dump brown on skid row, that would be great!
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:11 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:I'm making great money on betting on Lakers losses ... bet a total of 500 euros so far .... got 1700 euros back :jam2:

C'mon. I would NEVER bet against the Lakers, not even if I was 100% sure they'd lose. Principles dude, what are we without them?
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:11 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:
Finwë wrote:OK, these are the upcoming games at Staples:

I like it! I think we can beat Brooklyn though, no Gerald Wallace, at least for now, but they had trouble with the Raptors, lost to the Wolves, & got murdered by the Heat, make that 6-5 :jam2:

Maybe. Though it could also go bad and we could lose to the Kings & the Rockets (plus Brooklyn), making us 3-8.
Finwë

Postby JGC on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Finwë wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:I'm making great money on betting on Lakers losses ... bet a total of 500 euros so far .... got 1700 euros back :jam2:

C'mon. I would NEVER bet against the Lakers, not even if I was 100% sure they'd lose. Principles dude, what are we without them?

So if someone offered you a billion dollar bet right now, on the game we just played, you wouldn't take it? I call shenanigans.

A smart fan would take that bet, retire, and use that money to Laker out their car, their house, buy season tickets next to Jack Nicholson, and then bet ON the Lakers for every game going forward!

Cmon!
JGC

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:03 am

therealdeal wrote:Not worried quite yet. Still absolutely hating Mike Brown's rotations. That cost us the game tonight. We had no offense with his "length" lineup. The guys on the radio are calling for Meeks. Stu I think called for Meeks.

Yet we're going with World Peace.

I'm optimistic that maybe soon we start realizing that Brown's not the guy for this team. I don't know who is. Maybe it's Sloan, maybe it's Jordan, maybe it's Bickerstaff of JVG, but it's not Brown. I don't think he'll be fired any time soon, but I'm optimistic that Jim Buss isn't so in love with him that he'd waste a 100 million dollar investment for a 4 million dollar one.

I agree. The Buss family just got paid a fortune to put out a great product on what's basically their own channel for TWC. Plus yeah, when you're shelling out 100 million for said product including 4 HOF players, you want more on your return than that. Jerry Buss is still here with us. I have to think at some point he's going to have to reign this in. The Lakers Nation is calling for the Potato Head's head on a platter. It can't go on indefinitely. The guy is just a bad fit. I'm hopeful it happens sooner than later.

For optimism - Golden State's coming to town! I'm thinking win number two. So we'll be on pace for what, a whopping .333 winning percentage?

That won't be good enough folks.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:20 am

JGC wrote:
Finwë wrote:

So if someone offered you a billion dollar bet right now, on the game we just played, you wouldn't take it? I call shenanigans.

A smart fan would take that bet, retire, and use that money to Laker out their car, their house, buy season tickets next to Jack Nicholson, and then bet ON the Lakers for every game going forward!

Cmon!

I guess I'd take it just to buy the Lakers (or at least a large amount of stock) and fire Mike Brown..
Finwë

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion