The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:42 am

Finwë wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:I'm making great money on betting on Lakers losses ... bet a total of 500 euros so far .... got 1700 euros back :jam2:

C'mon. I would NEVER bet against the Lakers, not even if I was 100% sure they'd lose. Principles dude, what are we without them?

So if I understood you correctly , only Dribble Morris has the right to do nothing and cash in ? C'mon let me have some easy money
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6418
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby Finwë on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:10 am

^^ go ahead. It's just the idea that you'd be rooting against the Lakers so you can get paid that bothers me..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:08 am

Finwe there's a idea that goes around some of my friends that you can place a bet AGAINST your favorite team that way if they win you're happy obviously, but if they lose at least you made a couple of bucks so it's not as bad.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40006
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby revgen on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 am

While we have a lot issues that need to be corrected, rebounding isn't one of them. We've outrebounded our opponents in every game so far. We are currently ranked #1 in rebounding differential at +9.2. That means on average, we outrebound our opponents by 9.2 rebounds a game.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21708
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:49 am

Yeah the combination of Howard, Hill, and Gasol has been great on the glass. Then you add in guys who are also good rebounders for their positions: Kobe of course, Metta, and Jamison (now a SF).

Rebounding is certainly not that much of an issue. The issue is that when we DO give up rebounds, we give up points off of them too often. But in general, rebounding itself has been great.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40006
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby v1n5anity on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:23 am

revgen wrote:While we have a lot issues that need to be corrected, rebounding isn't one of them. We've outrebounded our opponents in every game so far. We are currently ranked #1 in rebounding differential at +9.2. That means on average, we outrebound our opponents by 9.2 rebounds a game.


Nice. How are the defensive rebounding numbers looking though? I feel like we're not as dominant on that end. Gasol/Dwight/Hill are all amazing offensive rebounders and I think that might be skewing the rebounding averages a bit.
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby revgen on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:26 am

V1n5anity wrote:
revgen wrote:While we have a lot issues that need to be corrected, rebounding isn't one of them. We've outrebounded our opponents in every game so far. We are currently ranked #1 in rebounding differential at +9.2. That means on average, we outrebound our opponents by 9.2 rebounds a game.


Nice. How are the defensive rebounding numbers looking though? I feel like we're not as dominant on that end. Gasol/Dwight/Hill are all amazing offensive rebounders and I think that might be skewing the rebounding averages a bit.


We've outrebounded our opponents on the defensive glass every game so far. We've only been outrebounded on the offensive glass once. And that was against the Clippers.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21708
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby borri on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:27 am

Optimistic: Kobe glaring at Potato Head in last night's game.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby v1n5anity on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:29 am

revgen wrote:
V1n5anity wrote:
revgen wrote:While we have a lot issues that need to be corrected, rebounding isn't one of them. We've outrebounded our opponents in every game so far. We are currently ranked #1 in rebounding differential at +9.2. That means on average, we outrebound our opponents by 9.2 rebounds a game.


Nice. How are the defensive rebounding numbers looking though? I feel like we're not as dominant on that end. Gasol/Dwight/Hill are all amazing offensive rebounders and I think that might be skewing the rebounding averages a bit.


We've outrebounded our opponents on the defensive glass every game so far. We've only been outrebounded on the offensive glass once. And that was against the Clippers.


Thanks.
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby Finwë on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:33 am

therealdeal wrote:Finwe there's a idea that goes around some of my friends that you can place a bet AGAINST your favorite team that way if they win you're happy obviously, but if they lose at least you made a couple of bucks so it's not as bad.

I've thought about it, I still don't like it..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 am

Finwë wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Finwe there's a idea that goes around some of my friends that you can place a bet AGAINST your favorite team that way if they win you're happy obviously, but if they lose at least you made a couple of bucks so it's not as bad.

I've thought about it, I still don't like it..

Not saying it's right, just throwing it out there. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40006
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby gcclaker on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 am

The few times I played small parlays in Lost Wages, NV...I have NEVER bet for or against my teams. Too much of an emotional connection you can say. The ones I hated or didn't care for? Well, all bets are off as far as they were concerned.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15165
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby Whatthef? on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Whatthef? wrote:Jerry West said when he was coaching the Lakers and lost his first three reg season games, the team came back and won the next 12 in a row. That team went on to lose in the west conf finals.


Looks like Brown is no Jerry West. Dump him and start over now with D'Antoni or Sloan.
Better yet bring back Phil.
User avatar
Whatthef?

 
Posts: 993
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:03 pm
Location: SactownLaker

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby BadCoaching on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:17 pm

Whatthef? wrote:
Whatthef? wrote:Jerry West said when he was coaching the Lakers and lost his first three reg season games, the team came back and won the next 12 in a row. That team went on to lose in the west conf finals.


Looks like Brown is no Jerry West. Dump him and start over now with D'Antoni or Sloan.
Better yet bring back Phil.


Never see Phil again unfortunately.. not as a Laker coach anyway.
User avatar
BadCoaching

 
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:23 pm

borri wrote:Optimistic: Kobe glaring at Potato Head in last night's game.




yup...and everyone saw it


the get-rid-of-potato head buzz has spread outside these forums and are now making its way to national news



that's the only optimism i have for this team at this point
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6311
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby Finwë on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:27 pm

^^ yup :jam2:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:45 pm

dantoni makes no sense. if we are going to talk coaching changes can we just give it some thought at least instead of picking dantoni just because of nash??
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:38 pm

Here's some optimism....

Kings F Thomas Robinson will be suspended for Sunday's game agains the Lakers! :jam2:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kings-f-ro ... --nba.html
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:55 am

Finwë wrote:^^ go ahead. It's just the idea that you'd be rooting against the Lakers so you can get paid that bothers me..


Being a fan doesn't prevent you to be realistic ... and no I wasn't rooting against my team but wasn't expecting much from the start of the season .. so why not bank on it ? I knew we were going to lose at Portland and against the Floppers ... I wasn't expecting us to lose the opener but I don't regret the huge risk I took at all ...
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6418
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby Finwë on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:53 pm

THE CLOWN WAS FIRED.
Now I don't think I'll be complaining about MWP playing at the 2, Meeks being a DNP CD, Kobe & Pau playing 43 minutes in clear losses, Darius Morris being considered a basketball player, Jamison guarding athletic SFs, inconsistent rotations for everyone, Steve Blake playing the 2, Steve Nash being turned into Derek Fisher, Howard getting the ball at the 3pt line, etc, etc, etc, and that's just in-game stuff.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:01 pm

mike brown fired. haven't had this much optimism since before he was hired.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10397
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby Legendary on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:03 pm

NOW I can post in this thread. :man1:
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby karacha on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:22 pm

I am finally optimistic.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby themasterphil on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:30 pm

They fire Clown...thats enough to be optimistic, even if Jordan stays as a coach
User avatar
themasterphil

 
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:19 am
Location: Base Deep space 9

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:31 pm

I am optimistic now that we'll see what we were expecting.

If nothing else, tonight we ought to see a team that feels free and is having a little fun out there.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40006
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigDan24, MSNbot Media and 19 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.