The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:42 am

Finwë wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:I'm making great money on betting on Lakers losses ... bet a total of 500 euros so far .... got 1700 euros back :jam2:

C'mon. I would NEVER bet against the Lakers, not even if I was 100% sure they'd lose. Principles dude, what are we without them?

So if I understood you correctly , only Dribble Morris has the right to do nothing and cash in ? C'mon let me have some easy money
wcsoldier81

Postby Finwë on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:10 am

^^ go ahead. It's just the idea that you'd be rooting against the Lakers so you can get paid that bothers me..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:08 am

Finwe there's a idea that goes around some of my friends that you can place a bet AGAINST your favorite team that way if they win you're happy obviously, but if they lose at least you made a couple of bucks so it's not as bad.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 am

While we have a lot issues that need to be corrected, rebounding isn't one of them. We've outrebounded our opponents in every game so far. We are currently ranked #1 in rebounding differential at +9.2. That means on average, we outrebound our opponents by 9.2 rebounds a game.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:49 am

Yeah the combination of Howard, Hill, and Gasol has been great on the glass. Then you add in guys who are also good rebounders for their positions: Kobe of course, Metta, and Jamison (now a SF).

Rebounding is certainly not that much of an issue. The issue is that when we DO give up rebounds, we give up points off of them too often. But in general, rebounding itself has been great.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby v1n5anity on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:23 am

revgen wrote:While we have a lot issues that need to be corrected, rebounding isn't one of them. We've outrebounded our opponents in every game so far. We are currently ranked #1 in rebounding differential at +9.2. That means on average, we outrebound our opponents by 9.2 rebounds a game.

Nice. How are the defensive rebounding numbers looking though? I feel like we're not as dominant on that end. Gasol/Dwight/Hill are all amazing offensive rebounders and I think that might be skewing the rebounding averages a bit.
v1n5anity

Postby revgen on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:26 am

V1n5anity wrote:
revgen wrote:While we have a lot issues that need to be corrected, rebounding isn't one of them. We've outrebounded our opponents in every game so far. We are currently ranked #1 in rebounding differential at +9.2. That means on average, we outrebound our opponents by 9.2 rebounds a game.

Nice. How are the defensive rebounding numbers looking though? I feel like we're not as dominant on that end. Gasol/Dwight/Hill are all amazing offensive rebounders and I think that might be skewing the rebounding averages a bit.

We've outrebounded our opponents on the defensive glass every game so far. We've only been outrebounded on the offensive glass once. And that was against the Clippers.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby borri on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:27 am

Optimistic: Kobe glaring at Potato Head in last night's game.
borri

Postby v1n5anity on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:29 am

revgen wrote:
V1n5anity wrote:

We've outrebounded our opponents on the defensive glass every game so far. We've only been outrebounded on the offensive glass once. And that was against the Clippers.

Thanks.
v1n5anity

Postby Finwë on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:33 am

therealdeal wrote:Finwe there's a idea that goes around some of my friends that you can place a bet AGAINST your favorite team that way if they win you're happy obviously, but if they lose at least you made a couple of bucks so it's not as bad.

I've thought about it, I still don't like it..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 am

Finwë wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Finwe there's a idea that goes around some of my friends that you can place a bet AGAINST your favorite team that way if they win you're happy obviously, but if they lose at least you made a couple of bucks so it's not as bad.

I've thought about it, I still don't like it..

Not saying it's right, just throwing it out there. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 am

The few times I played small parlays in Lost Wages, NV...I have NEVER bet for or against my teams. Too much of an emotional connection you can say. The ones I hated or didn't care for? Well, all bets are off as far as they were concerned.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Whatthef? on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Whatthef? wrote:Jerry West said when he was coaching the Lakers and lost his first three reg season games, the team came back and won the next 12 in a row. That team went on to lose in the west conf finals.

Looks like Brown is no Jerry West. Dump him and start over now with D'Antoni or Sloan.
Better yet bring back Phil.
Whatthef?

Postby BadCoaching on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:17 pm

Whatthef? wrote:
Whatthef? wrote:Jerry West said when he was coaching the Lakers and lost his first three reg season games, the team came back and won the next 12 in a row. That team went on to lose in the west conf finals.

Looks like Brown is no Jerry West. Dump him and start over now with D'Antoni or Sloan.
Better yet bring back Phil.

Never see Phil again unfortunately.. not as a Laker coach anyway.
BadCoaching

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:23 pm

borri wrote:Optimistic: Kobe glaring at Potato Head in last night's game.

yup...and everyone saw it

the get-rid-of-potato head buzz has spread outside these forums and are now making its way to national news

that's the only optimism i have for this team at this point
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Finwë on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:27 pm

^^ yup :jam2:
Finwë

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:45 pm

dantoni makes no sense. if we are going to talk coaching changes can we just give it some thought at least instead of picking dantoni just because of nash??
JGC

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:38 pm

Here's some optimism....

Kings F Thomas Robinson will be suspended for Sunday's game agains the Lakers! :jam2:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kings-f-ro ... --nba.html
JGC

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:55 am

Finwë wrote:^^ go ahead. It's just the idea that you'd be rooting against the Lakers so you can get paid that bothers me..

Being a fan doesn't prevent you to be realistic ... and no I wasn't rooting against my team but wasn't expecting much from the start of the season .. so why not bank on it ? I knew we were going to lose at Portland and against the Floppers ... I wasn't expecting us to lose the opener but I don't regret the huge risk I took at all ...
wcsoldier81

Postby Finwë on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:53 pm

THE CLOWN WAS FIRED.
Now I don't think I'll be complaining about MWP playing at the 2, Meeks being a DNP CD, Kobe & Pau playing 43 minutes in clear losses, Darius Morris being considered a basketball player, Jamison guarding athletic SFs, inconsistent rotations for everyone, Steve Blake playing the 2, Steve Nash being turned into Derek Fisher, Howard getting the ball at the 3pt line, etc, etc, etc, and that's just in-game stuff.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:01 pm

mike brown fired. haven't had this much optimism since before he was hired.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Legendary on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:03 pm

NOW I can post in this thread. :man1:
Legendary

Postby karacha on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:22 pm

I am finally optimistic.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby themasterphil on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:30 pm

They fire Clown...thats enough to be optimistic, even if Jordan stays as a coach
themasterphil

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:31 pm

I am optimistic now that we'll see what we were expecting.

If nothing else, tonight we ought to see a team that feels free and is having a little fun out there.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion