The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby Frank Dux on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:24 pm

Everyone seems to be talking about how they actually had fun watching the game today and I agree. I can't remember the last time I saw the Lakers having fun with Brown at the helm. It was pretty frustrating watching four hall of famers start the season looking confused, and frustrated with the overall lack of direction of Mike Brown.

It was great to see our Lakers back tonight.
Frank Dux

Postby The Rock on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:27 pm

Lakers bench outscored Warriors bench 37-25...they have Landry, Jarret Jack, Richard Jefferson not some scrub team. Well done.

People doubted when I said Pau's defense has been solid...it is. He held Millsap WED to 2/7 FG...tonight played 40 mins, Landry 3/12 FG, David Lee 3/10 FG. Great job Gasol

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:27 pm

GoldHammish wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Legendary wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Yay! My thread is taking off!

:man10:

T-minus 1 hour and 40 minutes until the muzzle is put on...

Any last words?

Spoiler:

So are youtube videos allowed too or is it strictly just pictures?

It wasn't determined, but I'll try to stick to pictures and gifs. Maaaybe videos if I find something I like.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakerFanIam on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:29 pm

Real... UR gonna have to try harder than that... Contribute trough images. I have faith in you.
LakerFanIam

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:30 pm

Alright, alright you got it. Only pictures.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:29 am

therealdeal wrote:Alright, alright you got it. Only pictures.

Are you allowed to type some text in to word, do a screenshot, save it and then upload your text as an image? Or are you forbidden to use any image containing any amount of text?
JGC

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:05 am

We won. Kobe played an efficient 33 minutes, Pau played with effort, and the bench did well. The rotations made a lot more sense; it was a good win. We needed it.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Punk-101 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:26 am

I liked having Ebanks out of the rotation. It allows for a Meeks/Kobe/Jamison lineup at the 2/3/4 that I still want to see (did we see it last night?). It also allows for Meeks/Jamison/Hill/Gasol (2/3/4/5) with the point being the most minutes possible for Meeks and Jamison, our big summer bench acquisitions.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:43 am

I am FINALLY optimistic again. I haven't been at all this year with what I'd seen from the head coaching. The roster was awesome but once I saw how they were being played and the massive confusion in the preseason and beyond I didn't think we were going anywhere. I'm so thankful for Jerry Buss stepping in and bringing this nonsense pretty much to an end. There's still the matter of the next coaching hire, however, and I won't lie that I'm nervous about it. If it's Phil or Sloan, it'll be amazing. If it's D' Antoni or Dunleavy then I think we might be in nearly as bad a situation as before. So a lot is riding on this. McMillan is kind of in the middle for me. Good coach, but not the home run I want.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:14 pm

I think videos should be allowed.. Pics, gifs, short clips.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:58 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:what?? i have ZERO pity. NONE. sure he lost his job and that's never fun, but he walked away with $11 million dollar. boo friggin hoo. he'll be fine.

I have responded to this with a new topic. I don't want to tarnish the optimism thread with what I have to say about this...

On a side note, I am seriously hoping we get Phil Jackson back. I think we will be great with the Zen Master back at the helm. I am a little nervous about Phil's habit of not playing certain bench players...but I trust his judgement more than Mike Brown's.

D'Antoni would be a good consolation prize IMHO, but I want Phil...he's the big fish in this pond.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:19 pm

first winning streak of the season!

2-0 under bernie
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:27 pm

therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:29 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Jellincon on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:47 pm

^^ :man10:
Jellincon

Postby v1n5anity on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:37 pm

Lakers are:

1st in total rebounding differential (+9.5 per game...not including tonight's +11)
1st in defensive rebounding differential (+6.0 per game...not including tonight's +7)
3rd in offensive rebounding differential (+3.5 per game...not including tonight's +4)
1st in free throw differential (+9.5 per game...not including tonight's +16)
7th in field goal percentage (45.6%...not including tonight's 44.4%)

*****from the top 10 teams in offensive rebounding differential, only the Lakers and Cavs are in top 15 in FG% (LAL is 7th, CLE is 12th). Most of those teams are bottom 10 in FG% (this is to be expected).

The 6 teams shooting better than us (excluding tonight's games):
MIA (-1.5 per game in total rebounds, -4.3 in offensive rebounds)
LAC (+0.7 per game in total rebounds, -3.5 in offensive rebounds)
SAS (-3.4 per game in total rebounds, -4.3 in offensive rebounds)
DAL (-3.8 per game in total rebounds, -7.8 in offensive rebounds)
OKC (+2.3 per game in total rebounds, -2.5 in offensive rebounds)
BOS (-4.5 per game in total rebounds, -3.0 in offensive rebounds)

As you can see, the top 6 teams in FG% each get outrebounded on the offensive end. This is to be expected because if you make such a high percentage of your shots, you won't get as many offensive rebounds. Conversely, teams that grab the most offensive rebounds, tend to be near the bottom in FG%. This is to be expected because if you make such a low percentage of your shots, you'll have more opportunities to grab offensive rebounds.

This is where the above statistics become scary for Laker haters. Since we are 7th in the league in FG%, one would expect us to be near the bottom in offensive rebounds. Yet, we are 3rd in offensive rebounding differential and number 2 in offensive rebounding rate. As I mentioned earlier, 8 out of the top 10 teams in offensive rebounding differential are in the bottom half in FG%. So not only do we make a high percentage of our shots, we also grab an abnormally high percentage of our misses. Obviously the Lakers have not played well for most of the season thus far, and that's what makes these numbers even more scary. And to top it all off, we EASILY lead the league in free throw differential (attempts) and are near the top in make-differential as well.

By season's end, we could be top 3 in FG%, FT differential, and offensive rebounding differential. Has that ever been done before?
v1n5anity

Postby Finwë on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:47 pm

^^ nice insight. That sure is impressive
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Weezy on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:40 am

We're not going to win every game, and yes we only beat 2 bad teams, but I have to point out that the culture of the team has already changed. Mike Brown brought in a losing culture, he had this team forgetting what it felt like to win, now that he's gone that seems to have been cleansed from them, so great to see. Wins are wins, nice to see us beating teams we're supposed to in blowouts, with Nash still out even.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:27 am

We got:

...instead of a:

No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:35 am

gcclaker wrote:We got:

...instead of a:

And thank heavens for that. But of course, that's not saying much. It's a relief of sorts, but it's still a huge let down when you think we could have gotten Phil or Sloan.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:38 am

I don't think we were ever linked to Sloan?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:39 am

My optimism from last night kinda went out the window today.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Laker Link on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:50 am

therealdeal wrote:Image

I just watched this movie last night with some friends.
The Laker Link

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Finwë wrote:

I think videos should be allowed.. Pics, gifs, short clips.

How long do you have to do this Real?? and if you don't mind, what was the bet :man11:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby XXIV on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:54 pm

With MDA Nash should be able to do pick and rolls without having to worry about implementing a completely new system.
XXIV

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion