The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:17 pm

432J wrote:antawn!!!

:jam2:

^^ Great game by Jamison.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:18 pm

I'm optimistic about the fact that we weren't handed the Clippers early schedule because it is very possible we'd be 2-11 or worse right now.
JGC

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:31 pm

I thought the bench in general played well tonight. They brought us back a few times when we were down big.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:45 pm

JGC wrote:I'm optimistic about the fact that we weren't handed the Clippers early schedule because it is very possible we'd be 2-11 or worse right now.

LOL there's no need to come and post fake optimistic posts here that just make everyone feel worse.. People are hanging on to very little, have some sympathy!! :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Finwë wrote:
JGC wrote:I'm optimistic about the fact that we weren't handed the Clippers early schedule because it is very possible we'd be 2-11 or worse right now.

LOL there's no need to come and post fake optimistic posts here that just make everyone feel worse.. People are hanging on to very little, have some sympathy!! :man10:

Haha. Sorry.

But I was just seeing that the Clips lost today against Brooklyn (we beat the Nets, yay). And the I got to thinking good god, the Clips have played the Heat, the Spurs twice, Brooklyn, OKC, Memphis.

Maybe that isn't optimism. Maybe it's just... feeling thankful (in the spirit!) that we have had a VERY favorable schedule so far.
JGC

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:01 pm

Our bench played well tonight. I thought Jamison started being more aggressive with a scoring mentality. And Meeks is starting to get his shot. Not there yet, but you can see it. Duhon doing good things.

This team wont look good until Nash is back. So right now were just hanging on. Sucks that thats what our team is though right now. IDK what they were doing with Bernie vs now but we should go back to that. Bigs have to get more involved.
Ariza3

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Ariza3 wrote:Our bench played well tonight. I thought Jamison started being more aggressive with a scoring mentality. And Meeks is starting to get his shot. Not there yet, but you can see it. Duhon doing good things.

This team wont look good until Nash is back. So right now were just hanging on. Sucks that thats what our team is though right now. IDK what they were doing with Bernie vs now but we should go back to that. Bigs have to get more involved.

Well, they were playing church teams with Bernie. The good news, is that we looked DARN good against church teams!
JGC

Postby davriver290 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:27 pm

I think Dan Toni found a good Sub pattern. He sees Jamison as that stretch 4 now I feel. And he sees the potential in Meeks. I think he found two bench guys he's going to use commonly. And finally slip Jordan Hill into the 5 slot and give less minutes to Pau... BTW, why is Pau playing so god-awful? I mean really awful.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby LOSLAKERS on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Role players are playing better. Jamison of course today and Meeks the other day. Players are also knocking down those open 3s more often. Artest looks more competent on offence especially while dribbling.
LOSLAKERS

Postby kobe_mamba on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:43 am

i think a major change is required to the line-up and the rotation when Nash is back....

PG Nash
SG Bryant
SF World Peace
PF Hill
C Howard

6 Gasol
7 Morris
8 Jamison
9 Meeks
10 Blake
etc...

Makes Howard more of a focus on offense, allows Hill to get minutes and help on Defense and gives us legit scoring off the bench in Gasol and Jamison. Pau might just have to suck it up like Lamar did
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
kobe_mamba

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:22 am

it would affect Pau's mental state but it would be what is best for the team. We would lose his passing ability which is pretty important with Dwight but id take his scoring in the post over that. If we start Hill, than on offense Dwight would be pretty bad. There were stats saying the Dwight/Hill frontcourt was terrible offensively. Opponents can easily double off Hill for Dwight. I think if they become serious about not starting Pau than they would have to start Jamison in his place and let Pau play with Hill as the center.

Morris/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks
MWP/Ebanks (idk where he is but he should be playing esp in this new system)
Jamison/Hill
Dwight/Pau

that would be good. and a championship formula as when dwight rest pau would kill backup centers imo. also they could still play some minutes together where pau can still be affective but not the focal point like he would be for the bench unit. plus his passing ability would be very good for meeks and duhon for 3 as well as a cutting ebanks imo.
Ariza3

Postby raviator on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:20 am

^^I'm liking it. I'm thinking the twin towers formula is a thing of the past now that small ball is dominating the league now. I think that with Jamison in the line up it provides a quicker line up that can get up the floor and back on d a little quicker, plus keep the defense honest. I'd rather have Jamison in the corner shooting threes instead of Pau. Also would help keep their minutes down.
raviator

Postby JGC on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:45 am

Ariza3 wrote:it would affect Pau's mental state but it would be what is best for the team. We would lose his passing ability which is pretty important with Dwight but id take his scoring in the post over that. If we start Hill, than on offense Dwight would be pretty bad. There were stats saying the Dwight/Hill frontcourt was terrible offensively. Opponents can easily double off Hill for Dwight. I think if they become serious about not starting Pau than they would have to start Jamison in his place and let Pau play with Hill as the center.

Morris/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks
MWP/Ebanks (idk where he is but he should be playing esp in this new system)
Jamison/Hill
Dwight/Pau

that would be good. and a championship formula as when dwight rest pau would kill backup centers imo. also they could still play some minutes together where pau can still be affective but not the focal point like he would be for the bench unit. plus his passing ability would be very good for meeks and duhon for 3 as well as a cutting ebanks imo.

This will never happen. There is no way the Lakers are going to pay Pau $40M over the next two years to play 10 mins/game.

Someone has to be the odd man out between Dwight/Pau/Jamison/Hill.

Based on history, I think it's going to be Hill. Which sucks because he is one of my favorite players.
JGC

Postby Aonex on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:10 am

I dunno, maybe something like this?

Nash 32 mins / Blake or Duhon 16 mins
Bryant 32 mins / Meeks 16 mins
MWP 32 mins / Jamison 16 mins
Hill 24 mins / Gasol 16 mins / Jamison 8 mins
Howard 36 mins / Gasol 12 mins

Not sure how that'd work rotation wise, but there's plenty of minutes to go around if you take Ebanks out of the equation and continue to play Jamison at both SF and PF.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:17 pm

The bench has done well on this roadtrip so far. Jamison and Meeks seem to be getting in a rhythm which is huge; Duhon is also playing fairly well. That's a good sign.

We were competitive until the 4th quarter against one of the better teams in the league without our starting PG. He'll create more floor balance, effieciency, and another player in the last 5 minutes when a games gets tight we can depend upon. That will be huge.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby harrise007 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:02 pm

I have REALLY liked the bench output!! Its been what I thought it would be, if anyone reacalls the Miami Heat was 9-9 when they started and they went to the finals. Good things take time!! New coach, new system, old coach fired, it takes TIME... Yea I hate loosing too but give it time!!
harrise007

Postby dj vitus on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Aonex wrote:I dunno, maybe something like this?

Nash 32 mins / Blake or Duhon 16 mins
Bryant 32 mins / Meeks 16 mins
MWP 32 mins / Jamison 16 mins
Hill 24 mins / Gasol 16 mins / Jamison 8 mins
Howard 36 mins / Gasol 12 mins

Not sure how that'd work rotation wise, but there's plenty of minutes to go around if you take Ebanks out of the equation and continue to play Jamison at both SF and PF.

Seems pretty decent, but it might be too many mins for Hill under D'Antoni's system. I see him getting no more than 15-18 from now on. Well, if Gasol is ever gonna play again. :man10:

D'Antoni is probably more likely to slide Kobe to the 3 on occasion and keep Jamison at the 4 while putting in Morris and Meeks (or Duhon and Meeks). Although, we did see a Morris/Duhon backcourt for a couple mins yesterday... :freak2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby dj vitus on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:50 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:The bench has done well on this roadtrip so far. Jamison and Meeks seem to be getting in a rhythm which is huge; Duhon is also playing fairly well. That's a good sign.

Yeah, I'm surprised the bench has done better on the road. Usually it takes longer for a brand new bench to adjust playing on the road together. If only our twin towers played on par, we would kill every game. They can't be this bad.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:53 pm

as much as it would be a good thing playing pau off the bench it wont happen with the amount of money we pay him. the most logical thing would be to start pau with dwight but after x amount of minutes into the first quarter take pau out and put jamison in and then when you take dwight out put pau back in at center then when you take jamison out put hill in with pau....etc

essentially besides the initial x amount of minutes in the first, pau would play with mostly hill and some jamison and dwight would play mostly with jamison and some hill.

Dwight/Jamison
Pau/Hill

those 2 front courts work well.
Ariza3

Postby The Rock on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Dallas is 4th in the league in scoring at almost 102 a game and shoot 46% from the field. Tonight 37% from the field, 89 points and they were shooting 31% midway thru the 3rd Q when we were up 37 I think. We held them to 38 points at halftime This is a good offensive team and we locked them down

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby revgen on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:17 pm

28 minutes for Pau. 31 minutes for Dwight. Nice to see. We need to get their minutes down.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Exonyte on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:28 pm

bench has got it going! and so has mwp :bow:
Exonyte

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:13 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:i think a major change is required to the line-up and the rotation when Nash is back....

PG Nash
SG Bryant
SF World Peace
PF Hill
C Howard

Absolutely No to Hill starting at PF when Nash comes back. Nash is going to need someone like Jamison or Pau who can hit an outside shot to help space the floor.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:16 pm

We beat the crap of a middle of the pack team on the road. Who won't be optimistic after that :jam2:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Congo Cash on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Finally the bench produces...

Solid bench is equal to reduced minutes on starting players...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion