The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread!

Postby trodgers on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:51 am

12-7 eWins!
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby yossarian33 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:11 pm

Jordan Hill has impressed me, i like the cut of his jib.. his jib has a nice cut.

When Nash returns perhaps he will have an effect on D'Antoni's coaching ability?...

As a Vancouver Canucks fan, i would like to express my opinion that regular season success is overrated. Just make the playoffs and anything can happen.

Also the NHL lockout might be ending. Fingers crossed. Off topic i know, couldn't help myself though. None of you probably care i realize this, forgive me.
yossarian33

Postby GoldHammish on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:06 pm

yossarian33 wrote:As a Vancouver Canucks fan, i would like to express my opinion that regular season success is overrated. Just make the playoffs and anything can happen.

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: You live in Vancouver too?
GoldHammish

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:08 pm

We won another game on the road!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:34 pm

The Rock wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball
In the continuing WTF file, the Lakers are 5th in offense... 8th in defensive efficiency, 7th in net efficiency. Still cannot figure it out.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Its because we've won so many games in blowout fashion and lost way too many close games (including ones that we had control over & relinquished in the final minutes).

The record is somewhat misleading. We're a better team than the record says.

It is rather strange. Like thk said I haven't seen something like this maybe ever. How does a team look unstoppable one night and then lose to a lottery team the next? They have to find a way to put together some consistent ball or they will be looking at an 8th seed in March
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Jamison has been playing very well. 15/8 in the last 7 games. :jam2:
Ariza3

Postby dj vitus on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:45 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball
In the continuing WTF file, the Lakers are 5th in offense... 8th in defensive efficiency, 7th in net efficiency. Still cannot figure it out.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Its because we've won so many games in blowout fashion and lost way too many close games (including ones that we had control over & relinquished in the final minutes).

The record is somewhat misleading. We're a better team than the record says.

It is rather strange. Like thk said I haven't seen something like this maybe ever. How does a team look unstoppable one night and then lose to a lottery team the next? They have to find a way to put together some consistent ball or they will be looking at an 8th seed in March

It does look strange, but I guess anyone can beat anyone if they just played hard enough. Washington sans Wall just beat Miami the other day. :man1:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:59 pm

I think that stat is very encouraging. It's the mental aspect of the game where we need to pull it together (defensive rotation blunders, FT's, TO' and choking down the stretch). Those things are very fixable, well aside from D12's FT's, but if we work on the other 3 it will help minimize that.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby yossarian33 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:30 pm

GoldHammish wrote: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: You live in Vancouver too?

no British Columbia though. P.S. Don Fehr sucks. MLB fans will know who i'm talking about i bet.

Congrats to Kobe btw on reaching 30,000. Convincing win, and hey possibility of a 2 game winning steak coming up. And apparently Nash is only 1 week away from.. another 1 week from returning.
yossarian33

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:55 pm

dwight hit 5-7 free throws. too bad we got our a**es smashed worse than usual.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby gill on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Well at least they kept fighting back tonight. Meeks played awesome tonight. Dwight was hitting his FT's and put up huge numbers...
gill

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:22 pm

if pau played maybe they wouldve won.... who am i kidding, theres no way he wouldve scored more than 6 points or been in at the end of the game :man9:
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby gill on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Just want to add that a loss to OKC tonight I can stomach. OKC played pretty damn good (and tops in the West for a reason), plus we're without key players and actually hung around for a good portion of the game (we won 3 out of the 4 quarters but Westbrook in the first half killed us).

That said, it makes the losses to bottom dwellers like Sacto and Orlando that much more hard to stomach. I can't wait to avenge those losses when we're in full strength
gill

Postby Jellincon on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:52 pm

We showed some fight towards the end and didn't give up.
Jellincon

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Both teams scored the same amount in the 3rd, and L.A. won the 4th, the end result was a score closer than expected. If we played better in the first half we'd have a chance to win it, the potential was there.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Punk-101 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:02 pm

The offense that we're trying to run is EXTREMELY reliant on a good PG. We have by far the worst PG rotation in the league. In fact, it's so bad that Kobe is doing a lot of the PG duties in addition to carrying the majority of the scoring load.

We have no backup SF. Ebanks is absolute trash.

Our starting PF sprained his lady-parts.

And despite those things, we were respectable against an elite team. We were a Westbrook 2nd quarter of shooting fire from probably winning this game.

Nash is going to change our offense greatly.

Pau is going to be traded rather quickly (IMO) for a stretch 4 and a young athletic scoring backup SF.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Jellincon wrote:We showed some fight towards the end and didn't give up.

^^ +1! That was encouraging. They didn't just lay down and die when they got behind by large margins. They came back and made a game out of it. We were outmanned but played hard.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Frank Dux on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:17 pm

Punk-101 wrote:
We have no backup SF. Ebanks is absolute trash.

We seriously have to get rid of him. WHY DIDN'T WE SIGN PEACHES!
Frank Dux

Postby Nashty Gal on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:18 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
Jellincon wrote:We showed some fight towards the end and didn't give up.

^^ +1! That was encouraging. They didn't just lay down and die when they got behind by large margins. They came back and made a game out of it. We were outmanned but played hard.

Right on :jam2:

I really didn't know what to expect from them in this game. I'm glad they didn't bend over and hang their heads. They're coming together. It was great to see, even though it was a loss.
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby themasterphil on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:57 am

They show some pride and desire.....thats fine for me bc i didnt expect nothing else from this game...so just keep playing with the effort from the 2nd half
themasterphil

Postby Frank Dux on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:46 am

^And as long as we have Kobe we're a threat.
Frank Dux

Postby killacam on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:58 pm

I know everyone points out how Nash won't help out on defense, but a more efficient offense will equal less turnovers and less fatigue so these guys can get back on D
killacam

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:15 pm

The teams effort last night was good. Missing 2 starters but not giving up and leaving out there on the floor is great to see.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Punk-101 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:41 pm

killacam wrote:I know everyone points out how Nash won't help out on defense, but a more efficient offense will equal less turnovers and less fatigue so these guys can get back on D

True.
Also, defense and offense aren't completely independent from each other. Cohesion, chemistry, harmony, and fun on offense with everyone engaged and knowing their role will translate to cohesion and effort on defense as well.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Finwë on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Punk-101 wrote:
killacam wrote:I know everyone points out how Nash won't help out on defense, but a more efficient offense will equal less turnovers and less fatigue so these guys can get back on D

True.
Also, defense and offense aren't completely independent from each other. Cohesion, chemistry, harmony, and fun on offense with everyone engaged and knowing their role will translate to cohesion and effort on defense as well.

This. Been saying something similar for a while now. Hope we're not wrong
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion