The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:24 am

I love the energy Earl and Dwight bring in the defensive unit. I think we may have found something that is going to last the rest of the season. The more they play together the more chemistry gets better and our team defense will improve dramatically. I can already see it.

I know the Miami game is on Thursday; however, for some reason, I'm optimistic we're winning that game. I like the matchups minus Pau. I'm calling it now: we win that game
dwighthowardsdad

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:54 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:

I know the Miami game is on Thursday; however, for some reason, I'm optimistic we're winning that game. I like the matchups minus Pau. I'm calling it now: we win that game

you'd think people learn by now to stop "booking" "guaranteeing" "calling it now" stuff with this team :freak2:
khmrP

Postby revgen on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:53 pm

2 wins in a row. :jam2:
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Weezy on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:00 pm

Defense has looked a lot better overall the past 2 games, we actually held 2 teams in a row under 100. Also, Kobe and Dwight have found an offensive balance for now, when they do this we look good.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 pm

I agree. The communication is a lot batter actually.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:03 pm

Communication has been fantastic the last two games and we've seen some really good defense.

There's still a lot of progress to be made, but we looked really good the last two nights. We looked the way we should have looked against teams like this.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby v1n5anity on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:08 pm

Good D
v1n5anity

Postby karacha on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:11 pm

If we can beat the Heat, I'll start being optimistic again. We're not far behind Minny, Utah, Portland, Houston; only 2-3 games... that's nothing... we can get to the 7-8 seed, but need to play well consistently.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:12 pm

30 assists, 8 turnovers

Amazing cleanup from Sunday's game
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:15 pm

karacha wrote:If we can beat the Heat, I'll start being optimistic again. We're not far behind Minny, Utah, Portland, Houston; only 2-3 games... that's nothing... we can get to the 7-8 seed, but need to play well consistently.

I won't be disappointed if they lose to Miami (as long as they keep it close). It's about winning games like Chicago and games like Milwaukee and games like Minnesota that are important. Those are the games we absolutely MUST win.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:53 pm

Yeah I don't really care about beating the Heat that much, those aren't the games I'm worried about. We have to string together multiple 6-7 game winning streaks to make the playoffs, not beat an elite team here and there and lose a heart breaker to a scrub team.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:57 pm

Houston is losing its next 3 games
wcsoldier81

Postby Finwë on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:04 am

@forumbluegold: Lakers' starters played 19 min together vs. MIL, had OEff of 140.2(!!!), DEff of 87.7, shot 65.5%, were a +20.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby trodgers on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:32 am

Finwë wrote:
@forumbluegold: Lakers' starters played 19 min together vs. MIL, had OEff of 140.2(!!!), DEff of 87.7, shot 65.5%, were a +20.

Those are ridiculous numbers.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:20 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:30 assists, 8 turnovers

Amazing cleanup from Sunday's game

Bucks are apparently pretty good at forcing turnovers too. 3rd in the league in opp TO.
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/miscellaneous-per-game/sort/avgTurnoversOpponent
I'm terrible at stats though, is there something I'm missing?
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Juronimo on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Beat the cHeat
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby JGC on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Houston has lost 4 in a row and are losing by double digits to Dallas so they could lose 5 straight. Portland has lost 3 straight. Minnesota has lost 4 straight.

If Houston loses tonight, we'll be 2.5 games out of a playoff spot. CMON. It's destiny baby.

Alright, I'm not really THAT optimistic yet. I'm trying my best to be hopeful here.
JGC

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:09 pm

^ Houston and Denver both lost and Portland is in a narrow game with Cleveland right now.

The reason I'm still optimistic about the playoffs is because the teams ahead of us aren't very good. I'm not optimistic about much once we get there, but getting there for sure is still attainable. The only teams in the West that are head and shoulders above us right now are Oklahoma and the Clippers. We've been in two close games with San Antonio and that's WITHOUT major pieces and I think honestly that we're close to the same level as Memphis if we play the way we've been playing, even missing 19 million dollars on the court.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Showtime.Revival.05 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:29 pm

i still honestly feel like this team will gel over the rest of the season and make the playoffs, especially with the right roster moves (i.e. pau gtfo)
Showtime.Revival.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby JGC on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Boom. Portland lost. A win against Miami tomorrow means we're 2 games behind. :jam2:

It's a slim glimmer of light/hope, but, at least we can see it now.
JGC

Postby Nikez on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:04 pm

We are a radically different team when we play defense. We go from playoff bubble to championship contenders instantly when we are playing lockdown, smart, energetic defense all game long.
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby kobebryant248 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:11 pm

well i don t know how all the fans here in lakerland are so pessimistic about the playoffs it s still a long way to go . we are in mid january . i know the margin for errors is very slim right now but i think we will make the playoffs. yeah we played bad for so long so far but what i ve seen in the last 2 games i really liked. i still say we make the playoffs. it is a tall order right now and hard to do but we will make it . the team seems to come together a little bit and d12 starts to look like the player we want to see here. even if we loose against miami tonight which i don t hope . we are still in it. i say the team will find his identity and go on a winning streak this month , i hope it has started right now after these 2 wins vs cavs and bucks .and like i said even with a loss against miami which i would hate if that would be come reality- it s not over or done. the team espicially the starting 5 is to good to not make the playoffs-hope that we maybe can make a trade or get some players for our weak [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] bench . but all in all i think we will make the playoffs maybe some roster tweaks here and there and we are good to go. so lets go lakers :jam2:
kobebryant248

Postby v1n5anity on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:33 pm

Lakers are favored by 2.5 points against Heat.
v1n5anity

Postby khmrP on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:12 am

teams 6-8 keep losing so we're getting there.
khmrP

Postby DarthRekal on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:47 am

urge to kill... fading
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion