The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 pm

DarthRekal wrote:urge to kill... fading

:man10: :man10: :man10: Excellent.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby thisbjgz on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Not trying to hope for an injury...but...Steph Curry has been ruled out indefinitely now instead of day to day because of the SAME ankle injury he has had the past year..if GS keeps sliding...we might catch up?
thisbjgz

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:44 pm

thisbjgz wrote:Not trying to hope for an injury...but...Steph Curry has been ruled out indefinitely now instead of day to day because of the SAME ankle injury he has had the past year..if GS keeps sliding...we might catch up?

GSW is the one team I wasn't worried about at all they haven't been this position before they'd eventually start sliding. I still have a glimmer of hope we can maybe get back up to the 4 spot, Houston and Memphis are in the middle of a funk too

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby TylerCaviar on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:11 pm

As long as we get into the playoffs healthy, teams will have a hard time beating us. I dont see our vets playing with the same energy they are playing with now. Hopefully Im right.
The Lakers are my drug of choice.
TylerCaviar

Postby khmrP on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:25 pm

thisbjgz wrote:Not trying to hope for an injury...but...Steph Curry has been ruled out indefinitely now instead of day to day because of the SAME ankle injury he has had the past year..if GS keeps sliding...we might catch up?

long ways to go for that....but Por/Den/Utah/Hou are more reachable.
khmrP

Postby dj vitus on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:41 pm

I'm not upset if we lose. Can't get near LeBron, can't get near Wade, can't get near Joel Anthony... yet, you can get pushed and shoved all possession long, and get climbed on to get blocked with no call? :freak2:

Such a horribly one-sided officiated game, almost laughable. Oh well, whatever, guess we'll try to beat everyone else.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 pm

we were very much in this game for 46 minutes, even with our horrendous turnovers, kobe starting the game cold as ice, and joey crawford officiating.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:19 pm

I always pick the best times to study instead of watching. Had a feeling this one would be a heart breaker so I prioritized and at the same time avoided any anger from losing :jam2:
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:21 pm

This was a good measuring stick for the team. They still have work to do but this was a good effort. If we were just a little more athletic ...
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:21 pm

Like I said before..... This team has found its footing. We are looking better and Mike D seems to have finally begun to put players where they need to be. The Heat were gifted this game by the officiating plain and simple. Some big shots by the Heat at the end of the game sealed the deal added with some bonehead plays by us.

I am happy with what I saw and what we are making the playoff run happen.
Last edited by puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Nashty Gal on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:28 pm

I'm happy we were in this game.. but i'm still pissed cuz i hate lebron and wade :mad1:
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby BicepKiss on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:30 pm

Hopefully after the all-star break and maybe a blockbuster trade we go on a run that a cheesy espn 30 for 30 will be made on. Like breaking the win streak record or something lol. What i can dream.
Ron Artest: "Mark Cuban just invented nipple enhancement juice"
BicepKiss

Postby Armani on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:31 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Like I said before..... This team has found its footing. We are looking better and Mike B seems to have finally begun to put players where they need to be. The Heat were gifted this game by the officiating plain and simple. Some big shots by the Heat at the end of the game sealed the deal added with some bonehead plays by us.

This. We're headed in the right direction. If Mitch does anything at all at the deadline, we'll be strong.
Armani

Postby Kit on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 pm

We play hard like this every game, we will be back in the hunt.
Kit

Postby Kit on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 pm

We play hard like this every game, we will be back in the hunt.
Kit

Postby dmaul on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Past three games have given me hope that we can put together a good run to make it to the playoffs. I have no hopes beyond that.
dmaul

Postby Scnottaken on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:18 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Like I said before..... This team has found its footing. We are looking better and Mike B seems to have finally begun to put players where they need to be. The Heat were gifted this game by the officiating plain and simple. Some big shots by the Heat at the end of the game sealed the deal added with some bonehead plays by us.

Oh, god, not THAT name!
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Punk-101 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:23 am

-Kobe was ice cold and missed a lot of shots he'll normally make.
-20 turnovers against the first elite defensive team we've faced since finding our new chemistry.
-Pretty bad officiating at times.
-5-13fts is out of the norm bad, even for Dwight.
-Lebron and Wade both shot really well, which won't always be the case. (conversely, Bosh and their role players shot abnormally poor, which also won't usually be the case)

And we still were right there, neck and neck.

-Oh, and I still insist we're going to get the missing pieces we need in a Pau trade.

This game isn't indicative of how good we'll be for the rest of the year. We just need to make the playoffs by beating the teams we should beat and by continuing to play well and improve, even in losses against the elite teams. We're just starting to build chemistry and i think we'll look like an entirely different (better) team in spring. Hopefully it's not too late.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:52 am

I'm a little surprised at the amount of negativity I see on here this morning... I think a lot of you expected us to win that game? Or just because it was close down the stretch you let your expectations rise?

Look, we're a struggling team and we made some progress the last week, but we just played the defending champs. We're a sub five hundred team and we just played the champs to the last 2.5 minutes. That's a good sign.

Some really great positives (most of which Punk already pointed out):
1. We had WAY too many turnovers early and a LOT of them weren't even forced, they were just off of lazy passes because our guys were nervous. That won't happen a lot and I'd venture it won't happen again. We ended with what, 20 turnovers? We've been improving in that area and I think overall we did well except for the 1st quarter.

2. Kobe was ICE cold most of the game. He can make a lot of the shots he took. He didn't today, but that's not something we should get accustomed to.

3. The energy was a little off because of Pau, but once he's gone our team's chemistry and energy will pick up again.

4. Dwight was missing gimmes that he's not going to miss very often.

5. We still had a chance to win late DESPITE all the self inflicted problems. We can hang with the best teams in the league, we're just not quite over that hump yet. We've played the Clippers close, the Heat close, the Spurs close twice, and we beat the Knicks. We CAN be a great team, we're just not quite there. Three days off and then we play a team we should beat. I think we'll do it and we'll look good again.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:59 am

therealdeal wrote:I'm a little surprised at the amount of negativity I see on here this morning... I think a lot of you expected us to win that game? Or just because it was close down the stretch you let your expectations rise?

Look, we're a struggling team and we made some progress the last week, but we just played the defending champs. We're a sub five hundred team and we just played the champs to the last 2.5 minutes. That's a good sign.

At some point, we're gonna have to beat a good team. I just hope we can do that at home against OKC coming up...
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:00 am

Scnottaken wrote:

Oh, god, not THAT name!

lol... damn I was tired.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:12 am

therealdeal wrote:I'm a little surprised at the amount of negativity I see on here this morning... I think a lot of you expected us to win that game? Or just because it was close down the stretch you let your expectations rise?

Some really great positives (most of which Punk already pointed out):
1. We had WAY too many turnovers early and a LOT of them weren't even forced, they were just off of lazy passes because our guys were nervous. That won't happen a lot and I'd venture it won't happen again. We ended with what, 20 turnovers? We've been improving in that area and I think overall we did well except for the 1st quarter.

2. Kobe was ICE cold most of the game. He can make a lot of the shots he took. He didn't today, but that's not something we should get accustomed to.

3. The energy was a little off because of Pau, but once he's gone our team's chemistry and energy will pick up again.

4. Dwight was missing gimmes that he's not going to miss very often.

5. We still had a chance to win late DESPITE all the self inflicted problems. We can hang with the best teams in the league, we're just not quite over that hump yet. We've played the Clippers close, the Heat close, the Spurs close twice, and we beat the Knicks. We CAN be a great team, we're just not quite there. Three days off and then we play a team we should beat. I think we'll do it and we'll look good again.

It's just the reality of our situation ... missing the playoffs is becoming more and more probable with every loss ... we badly needed the win regardless of the opponent
wcsoldier81

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:41 am

Not really. All the other bottom seed playoff teams in the West and have been struggling majorly so it's not like we're 6 games out of a spot all of a sudden. The team has been playing much better but is still rough around the edges.

These next 6 games will be telling. LA needs to go 5-1 or 4-2 at the worst to get it going.

@Toronto
@Chicago Bulls
@Memphis Grizzlies
Utah Jazz
Oklahoma City Thunder
New Orleans Hornets

We should win all of those except maybe @ Memphis and maybe vs OKC although that's a game we should win after they embarrassed us last week. Obviously I'm basing this on the hope that the team is done with losing to teams they should be beating. They can't afford to lose to bad teams anymore.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby khmrP on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:13 pm

therealdeal wrote:

I know this is your optimistic thread but at this point with the record that we have can we really take solice in moral victories anymore?
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:05 pm

dj vitus wrote:

At some point, we're gonna have to beat a good team. I just hope we can do that at home against OKC coming up...

Honestly it's not that much of a concern right now. We need to keep building on the s*** teams we're demolishing. And eventually the confidence kicks in and we'll start executing better against the good teams.

We just need to stay the course we're on right now. (this is also in response to khmrp)
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion