The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: I have to Know....

Postby Nashty Gal on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:31 am

The Laker Link wrote:
Nashty Gal wrote:Meh just cause people aren't positive anymore doesn't mean they're spoiled fans, aren't real fans, and aren't going to continue to support the team. And who cares what other fans think of us lakers fans. They weren't with us while we were cheering in the parades

I guess I just would like to see a more even mixture of "this sucks" and "it's bad but it can only get better from here" threads and conversations everywhere I go versus just negative posts.

And we are loyalists, more than any other team's fans, I just think it's just shocking to see even the loyalists get pushed to a breaking point, you know?

Yeah, I feel you. I guess I just ignore all those doom posts, they don't bother me. I do agree it's always good to be positive! But, unfortunately not everyone sees it that way lol
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:34 am

I tend to be more on the realist side of the fence. We stink.

This site is for serious discussion and if you think we're all going to be cheerleaders in here during a season like this i'm not sure what to say...
phoenixrisingla

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:35 am

Nashty Gal wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:
Nashty Gal wrote:Meh just cause people aren't positive anymore doesn't mean they're spoiled fans, aren't real fans, and aren't going to continue to support the team. And who cares what other fans think of us lakers fans. They weren't with us while we were cheering in the parades

I guess I just would like to see a more even mixture of "this sucks" and "it's bad but it can only get better from here" threads and conversations everywhere I go versus just negative posts.

And we are loyalists, more than any other team's fans, I just think it's just shocking to see even the loyalists get pushed to a breaking point, you know?

Yeah, I feel you. I guess I just ignore all those doom posts, they don't bother me. I do agree it's always good to be positive! But, unfortunately not everyone sees it that way lol

And that is the bummer part. It's not bad, it is just depressing to me. But to each their own.

I just wanted to show annoyance and see if people do notice this too and maybe things get better in our fandom world and we get motivated to keep at it, no matter what.

There are those like Weezy who are still here, but are upset and I don't blame anyone for that, just the posts are getting too much for me to deal with along with the fact that we got dealt a very bad lose that should have never happened.
The Laker Link

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:38 am

phoenixrisingla wrote:I tend to be more on the realist side of the fence. We stink.

This site is for serious discussion and if you think we're all going to be cheerleaders in here during a season like this i'm not sure what to say...

No I don't expect that, I wouldn't even do that. Trust me, if we were 9-30 or whatever right now, I would be LIVID, but I would still be supportive.

I would voice outrage, and still be supportive. I would think exactly and talk exactly like Weezy.

I guess, like I said, I just never expected with things like this, every fan would be pushed to the limit of giving up 100% and not expecting us to recover you know.

Doing that isn't bad, which i keep trying to emphasize, but it is saddening. That's all.

I feel like a broken record and maybe i am saying the same thing, but maybe it isn't being understood like i want. I have a bad time and such a thing happens with me, and it sucks for me.
The Laker Link

Postby Nashty Gal on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 am

I think it's sad if we all stopped watching and supporting. Not if we continued to watch, support, and nag. Because the same people who post doom and gloom are still and probably will continue to post their frustration here. We love the lakers man, trust
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:10 am

The Laker Link wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:I tend to be more on the realist side of the fence. We stink.

No I don't expect that, I wouldn't even do that. Trust me, if we were 9-30 or whatever right now, I would be LIVID, but I would still be supportive.

I would voice outrage, and still be supportive. I would think exactly and talk exactly like Weezy.

I guess, like I said, I just never expected with things like this, every fan would be pushed to the limit of giving up 100% and not expecting us to recover you know.

Doing that isn't bad, which i keep trying to emphasize, but it is saddening. That's all.

I feel like a broken record and maybe i am saying the same thing, but maybe it isn't being understood like i want. I have a bad time and such a thing happens with me, and it sucks for me.

No, we understand its just a little silly.

You think its ok to be disheartened but you also think people are a little too disheartened.

And now we have a whole thread dedicated to it.
phoenixrisingla

Postby abeer3 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:11 am

i won't go so far as to say i'm not rooting for them, and i lost belief in them when they dropped the denver home game after dropping the philly game. i knew then that they were gutless and the season was over. what i hoped to see was some glimmer of hope going forward into next year. so far, i've seen no real progress. the defense is still a mess, and the offense still works about half as efficiently as it should. who comes out and turns the ball over 9 times in the first quarter? they're lucky phx sucks so hard, or they'd have been blown out from the get-go.

i hope kobe's right--that this isn't the same as the losses they've had all year--but, man, it looked exactly the same to me.
abeer3

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:21 am

Tonight was a tough one. Its been a while since a game got me so depressed. Has to be probably the worst feeling since getting run out of dallas in a sweep getting absolutely destroyed. Hard to get over this one so quickly. There is still a lot of basketball & I have hope. But this crushed my super positive spirit for this team. Brought us back to reality I guess. The problems aren't the same, but a loss is a loss.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Forward Three on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:12 pm

abeer3 wrote:i won't go so far as to say i'm not rooting for them, and i lost belief in them when they dropped the denver home game after dropping the philly game. i knew then that they were gutless and the season was over. what i hoped to see was some glimmer of hope going forward into next year. so far, i've seen no real progress. the defense is still a mess, and the offense still works about half as efficiently as it should. who comes out and turns the ball over 9 times in the first quarter? they're lucky phx sucks so hard, or they'd have been blown out from the get-go.

i hope kobe's right--that this isn't the same as the losses they've had all year--but, man, it looked exactly the same to me.

Next year should be great, assuming the team stays largely the same but can add another player or two that are as hungry and solid as Earl Clark is(preferably at the 2 guard spot). Honestly, for as much crap as I have given this team, they do have legitimate excuses with all of the injuries, personnel changes and just some straight up bad luck. If they take the remainder of this season to work on what needs to be worked on, then there is no reason at all they shouldn't have a very good season next year, other than potentially age. But sometimes age is only a number.
Forward Three

Postby Ice-Fire on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:20 pm

Forward Three wrote:Next year should be great, assuming the team stays largely the same but can add another player or two that are as hungry and solid as Earl Clark is(preferably at the 2 guard spot). Honestly, for as much crap as I have given this team, they do have legitimate excuses with all of the injuries, personnel changes and just some straight up bad luck. If they take the remainder of this season to work on what needs to be worked on, then there is no reason at all they shouldn't have a very good season next year, other than potentially age. But sometimes age is only a number.

The problem is... if the team misses the playoffs ( which it looks like they will ) it would be deeply shocking if the team largely stays intact... I think odds are 50-50 or even better that Howard goes to ATL or another team... and injuries/bad luck/personnel changes are part of Sports adversity that every team needs to get through... if this team can't get through them then they deserve to get humiliated.
Ice-Fire

Postby TIME on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:13 pm

We already have an optimism thread and from your OP you already knew that.

Merging.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:25 pm

PUFFYUSAF#2 still believes in our season..... Memphis is going down!
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby SpencerHarrison on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:42 pm

I do think the system they're running is still effective. Dwight being taken out hurt the defense, and we missed a lot of shots. I know MWP is going to be crucified for that, and rightfully so, BUT he actually has been a productive member of this team. I think it was a combination of a lot of things, and the victory was still within reach. Ron is a professional, and will do everything possible to not have games like that. I actually stand behind him. As for Pau's defense... Yeah, not great. Every time I want to believe he's gotten some fire back, he comes back looking worn out.

I also think people make too much about blown leads. If the right players get hot at the right time, crazy runs can happen and basketball is a momentum game. Even WITH all those horrid things happening, Peace still almost stole that handle from Beasley, etc. He didn't, Beasley made play after play after play and Kobe missed on a makable drive.

Not the end of the world. Stick with the system, adjust to Pau not having the athletic ability to defend the rim, and stay the course. And keep MWP, he'll be fine. Win games, fight till the end and see what happens. This is still the best the team has looked all season.
SpencerHarrison

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:32 pm

TIME wrote:We already have an optimism thread and from your OP you already knew that.

Merging.

You merged a whole lot of pessimism into my glorious thread. :mad1:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:47 pm

I doubt that Dwight leaves 30 million on the table.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:01 pm

therealdeal wrote:
TIME wrote:We already have an optimism thread and from your OP you already knew that.

Merging.

Don't you feel violated
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:29 pm

I still like Kobe's play up to the 3rd...
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:28 am

Kobe is optimistic.

If he was down, frustrated, and angry after last nights loss then I would be a little worried.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby The Laker Link on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:37 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Merging.

Don't you feel violated

I wasn't trying to get these merged.
The Laker Link

Postby Punk-101 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:59 am

^^

two birds violated with one stone. Well done, TIME!
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:59 am

:man10:
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:09 am

I'm optimistic that TIME will get this situation under control. :man1:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby TIME on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:48 am

therealdeal wrote:

Merging.

So, you're pessimistic about the future of your optimism thread now?
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:59 am

No, I'm optimistic we can find a way to keep pessimism from infiltrating this sanctuary of optimistic ideology.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:01 am

So is the thread now half full of pessimism or only half full of optimism?
TIME
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion