You guys are misunderstanding this thread (with the possible exception of Weezy
I am optimistic!
These last two games might have been the Kobe show, but the result leads to a few things:
1. Trust. Kobe's teammates trust him and in turn will follow him all the more. And Kobe will reciprocate that trust when the game is on the line (two 3s late for Nash).
2. Togetherness. Dwight has never looked as happy as he has the last couple of nights as a Laker. I haven't seen him smile this much since he was at his press conference after the trade. He's giving us everything on the defensive end, no questions asked.
3. Attitude. Jodie had a tough night down the stretch, but the attitude is there: never give up. Always work to the final whistle.
4. Yes the comebacks were against awful teams, but we're learning what it takes to face these kinds of games. Because guess what? In the playoffs we're going to be down by a lot at least once. Now we know how to chip away and when to put our foot on the gas pedal.
5. We're 0.5 games out of the playoffs! Utah just has to drop 1 more game and we've just got to win one more game and then we can start to put the crappiness of this season in the rear view mirror. We might not win a Championship this season, but you can be damn sure we will go down swinging.