The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby revgen on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:03 am

Dwight can't keep his mouth closed, even when he's asleep. :man12:
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21723
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby KB24 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:26 am

Sacre is one lucky dude....he is being paid to take a VIP seat during Laker games and also have some backstage experience. lol
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55532
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:31 pm

Thanks for the Hack-A-Dwight Orlando. Not only did we get free points, but it slows the pace down so much that we get our defense in place and they can't use their young bucks to run us out of the gym.

We are currently outscoring them in fast break points. :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Weezy on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:41 pm

3 games over .500, we're climbing. If we can win tomorrow in Atlanta I'll be pretty impressed.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:42 pm

Yeah I'm surprised Vaughn wanted to keep doing that. :man10:

Dwight finished 15/20 on Hack-a-Dwight free throw attempts. He probably should have just given that up.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Weezy on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:44 pm

Oh and the bench was great tonight, they got it out of hand for Orlando. Blake, Jamison, and Meeks all had big games.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby karacha on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:48 pm

Weezy wrote:3 games over .500, we're climbing. If we can win tomorrow in Atlanta I'll be pretty impressed.


Same here. That will be a difficult game, but a win would be awesome. ATL is getting beat by the Heat right now in a blowout game. They will be even more tired IMO.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm glad we got started off on the right foot on this road-trip. I hope we can pull it out tomorrow. If we win 2 out of 3, that would be ideal, IMO...
dwighthowardsdad

 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Jellincon on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Really needed this win against ORL. Hopefully we can keep this little 4 gm streak going and beat ATL tomorrow. If not, at least Utah plays OKC tomorrow so that should be a loss for them.
Jellincon

 
Posts: 1365
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Weezy on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:01 pm

karacha wrote:
Weezy wrote:3 games over .500, we're climbing. If we can win tomorrow in Atlanta I'll be pretty impressed.


Same here. That will be a difficult game, but a win would be awesome. ATL is getting beat by the Heat right now in a blowout game. They will be even more tired IMO.


I'm glad they're on a back to back too, helps us some. The way this game was played I think our guys won't be very tired either. So much standing around watching Dwight shoot FT's our guys barely had to run, game was played at a very slow pace.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:02 pm

karacha wrote:
Weezy wrote:3 games over .500, we're climbing. If we can win tomorrow in Atlanta I'll be pretty impressed.


Same here. That will be a difficult game, but a win would be awesome. ATL is getting beat by the Heat right now in a blowout game. They will be even more tired IMO.

Yeah I think between the next two games, the one in Atlanta would be the easiest to sneak out with. Not that it'll be easy, but that it'll be easier than Indiana.

I'm hoping since Kobe didn't have to do too much he can come out and really put a stamp on this game.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby revgen on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:21 pm

I like our defense the last 2 games. Yes, I know Chi-town and Disney World aren't great offensive teams, but it sure beats the defense we played against Toronto and New Orleans.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21723
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Very optimistic right now about this Laker team.

I was very negative at some point during the season (who wasn't, really) but we're really improving little by little in everything. We're winning on the road, we're winning close games, there's a clear improvement in team chemistry, Mike D'Antoni is coaching a lot better (it took him a while, but now we're not trying to be Phoenix 2006, and rotations are much better) and we're actually defending more (a lot to improve here still, but we're definitely better than before).

We have two hard games now (@Atlanta and @Indiana) but afterwards, it's 7 VERY winnable games (vs SAC, @PHX, vs WAS, @GSW, @MIN, @MIL, @SAC and vs DAL). Milwaukee is probably the most difficult of them all.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
User avatar
Magic Skywalker

 
Posts: 1227
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby trodgers on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:03 pm

Vaughn seemed to let some strange sense of pride drive his gameplan and prevent him from changing it even as it didn't work. Glad we made them pay.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:08 pm

The Lakers have not swept a back-2-back all season. This would be a great time to do so.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 31459
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby gcclaker on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:55 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:I'm glad we got started off on the right foot on this road-trip. I hope we can pull it out tomorrow. If we win 2 out of 3, that would be ideal, IMO...

Agree on the first statement... Have them feeling good about themselves for the Hawks game.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15202
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:51 pm

revgen wrote:I like our defense the last 2 games. Yes, I know Chi-town and Disney World aren't great offensive teams, but it sure beats the defense we played against Toronto and New Orleans.


^^ Agreed all the way.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Magic Skywalker wrote:Very optimistic right now about this Laker team.

I was very negative at some point during the season (who wasn't, really) but we're really improving little by little in everything. We're winning on the road, we're winning close games, there's a clear improvement in team chemistry, Mike D'Antoni is coaching a lot better (it took him a while, but now we're not trying to be Phoenix 2006, and rotations are much better) and we're actually defending more (a lot to improve here still, but we're definitely better than before).

We have two hard games now (@Atlanta and @Indiana) but afterwards, it's 7 VERY winnable games (vs SAC, @PHX, vs WAS, @GSW, @MIN, @MIL, @SAC and vs DAL). Milwaukee is probably the most difficult of them all.


^^ Great post, and I agree with you Magic Skywalker. Plus we're going to get Pau back sooner than later as well. I'm hoping we can grab another win out of these next two.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:22 am

I'm hoping we put together a nice 7+ game winning streak at some point over these final 20 games or so. We haven't had more than a 5 game winning streak since March 2011 :hurl:
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:25 am

being on this side of 500 feels so nice. lol
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:26 am

Another day and another smile.

First off let me just say that I'm glad this thread is still alive and kicking. I know not too long ago we were 17-25 and I was starting to really doubt this team and thus this thread seemed misplaced...

I'll admit! I had been looking towards the future and perhaps subconsciously had given up a little bit. I'd already begun thinking "well if we do this over the summer, we can do this". I still had an eye on this season and my mantra was always "we're not out until mathematically we're eliminated," but I would be lying if I said my faith didn't falter a bit.

Now we still might miss the playoffs, but everything that's happened in the last 2-3 weeks has given me new cause for optimism. Even if we miss the playoffs, we'll be a team that went down swinging and fighting to the last breath and given the drama around this season, that's all we could really hope for I think.

My optimism of the day: We're now 3 games over .500 at 34-31. I think it's fairly safe to say now that we're a pretty good team. It wasn't safe to say that a month ago.

We're going up against another pretty good team in Atlanta who is 34-29. This is a game we can win and I think honestly that we should win. We have similar records, we have better chemistry at this point, and we're more desperate. At some point we need to beat good teams on the road if we want to make ANY noise in the playoffs. Now's a great time to start.

I think tonight ends up being a dog fight, but I think we win this game.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:38 am

therealdeal wrote:Now we still might miss the playoffs, but everything that's happened in the last 2-3 weeks has given me new cause for optimism. Even if we miss the playoffs, we'll be a team that went down swinging and fighting to the last breath and given the drama around this season, that's all we could really hope for I think.

Real you know we're making the playoffs. But I appreciate you staying cool and having perspective :man1:

My optimism is DWIGHT FREAKIN' HOWARD. Couldn't watch the game but saw highlights and listened to a bit on the radio. Like it's been said, if dude can shoot 65% on 39 attempts in his FIRST game back in Orlando, he can make them any time.

Why does this matter? Because despite the injuries, it's Dwight's mental tenacity that we've doubted this year. The man showed he has an iron will underneath there somewhere. Yupp, the man. He can get called that now, because he sure as hell didn't look like a child out there.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3242
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:54 am

Chillbongo wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Now we still might miss the playoffs, but everything that's happened in the last 2-3 weeks has given me new cause for optimism. Even if we miss the playoffs, we'll be a team that went down swinging and fighting to the last breath and given the drama around this season, that's all we could really hope for I think.

Real you know we're making the playoffs. But I appreciate you staying cool and having perspective :man1:

Hey man, I'm just trying to be sure us Laker fans don't get so holed up in our Laker Land that we don't see things objectively... Just sayin'... :man1:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 am

therealdeal wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Now we still might miss the playoffs, but everything that's happened in the last 2-3 weeks has given me new cause for optimism. Even if we miss the playoffs, we'll be a team that went down swinging and fighting to the last breath and given the drama around this season, that's all we could really hope for I think.

Real you know we're making the playoffs. But I appreciate you staying cool and having perspective :man1:

Hey man, I'm just trying to be sure us Laker fans don't get so holed up in our Laker Land that we don't see things objectively... Just sayin'... :man1:


^^ :man10: :man10: :man10:

Great post up there, btw, realdeal. :bow: And I'm with you on some renewed optimism. I like what you said, even if we don't make the playoffs (I do think we will) we went down swinging. We're putting in the effort now.

Also with you about beating a good team or two on the road now in preparation for the playoffs where we are going to have to beat every team on the road, and they are all good. This would be a great game to start.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 am

please please please please lets keep this going


i can finally look at the standings again
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6345
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.