The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:59 pm

dj vitus wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I hope that's not sarcasm I sense in my optimistic thread....

I'm 100% serious about my prediction. I just don't know what they'll do afterwards.

Naw man, there's always an optimistically hopeful side in me that says we can beat anybody on any given night. Well except in Denver :man10: ...but you never know.

Plus, it's a good thing we have a "realistic look" thread. :man1:

We've got plenty of "realistic" threads. :man10:

Mine is a haven for those of us that refuse to see the logic in our Championship run! :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby DanielBeltz24 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:32 pm

No matter who we play in the playoffs, I believe that this team has what it takes to win. Whether that happens or not, I do not know, but I am one of the few that think we can still win the championship. Kobe playing basically 48 minutes a night just shows how much he wants it, and a hungry Kobe, no matter what seed we are, is downright scary. Add Dwight who is regaining his old form, Pau playing effecient, the bench actually producing and don't forget Nash will be back hopefully soon. If Metta can be back for the series against the Thunder, that would be huge.
DanielBeltz24

Postby nickvanexel on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:28 pm

DanielBeltz24 wrote:No matter who we play in the playoffs, I believe that this team has what it takes to win. Whether that happens or not, I do not know, but I am one of the few that think we can still win the championship. Kobe playing basically 48 minutes a night just shows how much he wants it, and a hungry Kobe, no matter what seed we are, is downright scary. Add Dwight who is regaining his old form, Pau playing effecient, the bench actually producing and don't forget Nash will be back hopefully soon. If Metta can be back for the series against the Thunder, that would be huge.

Remember the possibility of Jordan Hill coming back.

Just hope that having a full strong roster won't destabilize their game. If they'll get a full healthy roster and accomplish this, a championship is not an optimist's thinking, its a realist's thinking.^^
nickvanexel

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:54 pm

maybe dwight wasn't lying, can we win all of the remaining games? a win over memphis is a huge shot in the arm.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby karacha on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 pm

I remain optimistic. We're better then Utah and we should make the playoffs. If we lose against the Clips I won't be mad, but we can definitely win most of these games.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jellincon on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:04 pm

This win should be a real confidence booster. Beat a tough Grizzlies team in a close game. And best of all it was done on the defensive end. Hopefully this momentum carries over into the game vs LAC. We might be able to catch them off guard since their locker room is in a bit of turmoil right now.
Jellincon

Postby Weezy on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:44 pm

That's a big win, that was a win we had to have with Utah winning. I honestly wasn't sure we could get this one, and it wasn't the prettiest win, but they pulled it off.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:57 pm

Noice.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:11 am

I thought the Memphis game was an important W...i said we have to split the next 2 to keep ourselves in the game for 8th...and if we WON both games...I think we're making the playoffs. I won't be upset if we lose to the Clippers, because I had this game as a loss, but it would be NICE to make up for that terrible Wizards game by beating the Clippers or Blazers...as I have those 2 games as for sure losses. You have to think this Laker squad is gonna be geeked up to play the Clippers....having already lost 3 games to them this year, do you think this team wants to get SWEPT by the other LA team for the first time ever? I don't think so!
FabFourLakers

Postby DarthRekal on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Lakers havent been five games over all year :jam2:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby DarthRekal on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:28 pm

Dodgers sweep!... Kings could take series against Ducks :jam2:

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby therealdeal on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:33 pm

Well there goes my prediction. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jellincon on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Finally won both games on a back to back. Our playoff hopes are still alive.

Up next the GSW. They struggle against us at Staples. Haven't beat us there since 08. Hopefully the trend continues on Friday.
Jellincon

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:46 pm

alright down to the last 3 gms for us now, I hope they return the favor on Fri against GSW, we owe them an arse kicking.
khmrP

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:48 pm

here's my present optimism:
we're still alive, we won a back to back finally, pau's looking great, kobe's looking great.

future optimism:
should we make the playoffs, the mentality we've been carrying of "we must win every game no matter who is on the court, whether we are home or away" will already have been burned into the players minds and second nature by the time we get there. that can't be a bad thing right?
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Hard NOT to feel optimistic about this team when they win a back to back in such exciting fashion. Not only that, but they seem to have found a winning formula with Pau/Kobe/Dwight. The last step is getting their bench guys to contribute a little more and that should come when/if Nash gets back.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:53 pm

- 3 home games to close out the season

- The pressure is shifted back on Utah to win to match

- Pau is turning into the 2nd option we need on offense.........exactly what we need
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:56 pm

Kenny smith said we definately won't make it to the playoffs.... That made me more optimistic
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LOSLAKERS on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:35 pm

utah sucks on the road and la is pretty good at home. utah has 2 road games and la has 3 at home. and kobe of course
LOSLAKERS

Postby gcclaker on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:02 pm

...just when you thought you were about to leave, they pull you back in! :man10:
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:18 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Kenny smith said we definately won't make it to the playoffs.... That made me more optimistic

The guys at NBATV have been saying it for half the season now that Lakers won't make the playoffs....I'm actually surprised Kenny doesn't think Lakers will make it....maybe he meant to say he HOPES the Lakers will not make it? I remember a few years back when the Lakers faced the Rockets in the postseason, and Yao Ming went down, and the Rockets still took us to 7 games... i remember kenny and charles were rooting hard for Houston and they said something like lakers dont DESERVE to win the championship because they're disrespecting the game of basketball by NOT blowing the Rockets out of the water. Does anybody remember that? Ever since then, I have really not liked Kenny Smith...
FabFourLakers

Postby gcclaker on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:20 pm

^That was the same playoff run where Mark Jackson said "I'm through with the Lakers!"...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:32 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:Kenny smith said we definately won't make it to the playoffs.... That made me more optimistic

The guys at NBATV have been saying it for half the season now that Lakers won't make the playoffs....I'm actually surprised Kenny doesn't think Lakers will make it....maybe he meant to say he HOPES the Lakers will not make it? I remember a few years back when the Lakers faced the Rockets in the postseason, and Yao Ming went down, and the Rockets still took us to 7 games... i remember kenny and charles were rooting hard for Houston and they said something like lakers dont DESERVE to win the championship because they're disrespecting the game of basketball by NOT blowing the Rockets out of the water. Does anybody remember that? Ever since then, I have really not liked Kenny Smith...

yea I remembered that series. They carried that crap on into the Denver (I think) series were we also went 6 or 7. Charles kept saying that LA doesn't deserve to be there or play for the ring. I get that LA hasn't done much to make anyone fear them but they have one of the best records coming out of the allstar game. I love when these guys doubt LA... We usually win when they are all againt us.
puffyusaf#2

Postby DarthRekal on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:36 pm

DarthRekal wrote:Lakers havent been five games over all year :jam2:

:jam2:

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby nthydro on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:10 pm

therealdeal wrote:Hard NOT to feel optimistic about this team when they win a back to back in such exciting fashion. Not only that, but they seem to have found a winning formula with Pau/Kobe/Dwight. The last step is getting their bench guys to contribute a little more and that should come when/if Nash gets back.

I'm sorry but barely beating a depleted Blazers team who sucked even at full strength should not evoke any optimism what so ever.
nthydro

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion