The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Weezy wrote:I don't know if this is optimistic or not, but I'm still excited to see if our guys can rise to the challenge, win these last 2 games and get into the playoffs. The Kobe injury is terrible and depressing, but at the same time in a Lakers fan first and the team marches on. It will be interesting to see who steps up with Kobe out, who we can possibly rely on going forward, post-Kobe retirement even. I'm not calling the season a wrap with Kobe out, I'll watch until there are no more games. I think we're a first round exit if we make the playoffs with or without Kobe, but I'll watch til the end.

This.

Really guys all the pressure and nervousness should be off our fanbase as Lakers fans. We can actually relax a little and sit back and see how our guys respond. Like Weezy said it will be fun to see how we can gear up. Based on Dwight practice interview video I watched and posted today in the Dwight thread he really looked excited for this challenge and opportunity.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:08 pm

honestly, amidst the sadness this is an interesting time. we've been dealt a big blow with kobe's injury. but now we get to see a glimpse of the future with dwight as the man and face of the franchise. it came a lot sooner than we expected and also with some pretty taxing circumstances, but it'll be interesting to see how this team "post-kobe era" responds.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:45 pm

We'd been here before...1 year post Magic, we got into the playoffs (barely) and almost beat the Barkley's top seeded Suns. We can be or do better this year.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:15 pm

props to those over the last few pages.... :bow: Breath of fresh support for the team. Hope these guys do it for the guy who tore everything in order to carry them to this point.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:37 am

dj vitus wrote:I'm hopeful that someday, all sports will finally accept the fact that barefoot shoes are the best way to go in terms of reducing risk of injury and increasing performance.

:man3: Huh, NBA players balling in those, or you mean just for training? Be a lot of broken and smashed toes right? NFL? Optimistic.....but puzzled.
LTLakerFan

Postby Jellincon on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Mike Trudell wrote:HOU tips vs SAC now - if they lose this game or at PHX and LAL win today, LAL could pass HOU for 7 seed by beating them on Wed.

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/323574374240223232
Jellincon

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Jellincon wrote:
Mike Trudell wrote:HOU tips vs SAC now - if they lose this game or at PHX and LAL win today, LAL could pass HOU for 7 seed by beating them on Wed.

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/323574374240223232

They lead by 18 at the half - so I guess we can forget about that. If there's a team that will absolutely not come back from that deficit this seasons it's the Queens :man10: .
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby Jellincon on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Naw we still have a chance. Assuming HOU will finish off the Kings, if we win today and HOU loses tomorrow to PHX, then we'll get the 7th seed if we beat HOU on Wednesday.
Jellincon

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Jellincon wrote:Naw we still have a chance. Assuming HOU will finish off the Kings, if we win today and HOU loses tomorrow to PHX, then we'll get the 7th seed if we beat HOU on Wednesday.

or GSW loses last 2 games and we win out. Not likely but we still have a shot.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Weezy on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:51 pm

That defense was amazing overall, I don't know why they can't bring that energy more often than not on defense. Huge win though, absolute must win and many guys chipped in.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:52 pm

we battled all game long. pau was having a horrible night, but we prevailed nonetheless. so rewarding to see the guys go out there after the loss of kobe and just play with so much will and effort.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:53 pm

This team showed some heart tonight. They are going down fighting that's for sure.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:55 pm

Jellincon wrote:Naw we still have a chance. Assuming HOU will finish off the Kings, if we win today and HOU loses tomorrow to PHX, then we'll get the 7th seed if we beat HOU on Wednesday.

Yeah this would be Ideal. We can take the Spurs.

Lets hope Hou loses tomorrow.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:59 pm

S*** if we play defense the way we did today, nobody is beating us. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:01 pm

What a GREAT win.
Tremendous effort from our guys. Really proud, they showed a lot of heart.
Offense was UGLY but so was SAS's, and we made up for it with some of the best D we've played all year

Steve Blake was HUGE, that was nice to see. Also I was very pleased with Dwight's game, especially defensively, even though he did score plenty.

Just one more game left and we're in the playoffs. Forget about OKC, at least make it for the sake of all the effort put in, for Dr. Buss and for Kobe.
We'll see how it goes from there, but we just CAN'T miss the playoffs
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby noobiew on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:04 pm

Today proved that we can still play great defense. Offensive powerhouse SAS just scored 86 against us this game.

We just need to bring on this type of defensive intensity every games.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Jellincon on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:16 pm

The game was ugly but at the same time beautiful. Beautiful in how we battled all night long on D and didn't crack under pressure. Our leader may have gone down but luckily the troops have kept their spirits up and won't go down without a fight.

One more victory away from the playoffs. Let's finish the job on Wednesday. :jam2:
Jellincon

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:31 pm

The defense we played made me a bit more optimistic. When Nash comes back if we continue to D up like this (I know that sounds contradictory) we might actually make our 1st round series interesting. Not expecting us to win but it will definitely be exciting to watch, like that game against Indiana when Kobe went out.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Finwë wrote:What a GREAT win.
Tremendous effort from our guys. Really proud, they showed a lot of heart.
Offense was UGLY but so was SAS's, and we made up for it with some of the best D we've played all year

Steve Blake was HUGE, that was nice to see. Also I was very pleased with Dwight's game, especially defensively, even though he did score plenty.

Just one more game left and we're in the playoffs. Forget about OKC, at least make it for the sake of all the effort put in, for Dr. Buss and for Kobe.
We'll see how it goes from there, but we just CAN'T miss the playoffs

^^ Great post Finwë. Yeah, huge win for us tonight. It was gritty but we pulled it out with defense and finally some timely shots towards the end that we couldn't seem to make fall earlier in the game. One more win and we're in. I'm not expecting any first round miracles - I just want us to make the playoffs to save this season for us fans.
Lakerjones

Postby purp n gold on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:01 am

LETS GO WOLVES! :jam2:

:freak2:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:08 am

Crazy enough, if Wolves win tonight, The Lakers are IN. So it's time to break out my old KG twolves jersey (used to be a HUGE fan of his until he went to the CELTICS and became a huge DOUCHE!), and root HARD for the TWOLVES!

BTW, I couldn't watch the entire Jazz/Twolves game last week...but any time I've watched a FULL Jazz game, they have lost. I'm gonna try to watch tonight's game but it depends on when I get off work. Ugh.
FabFourLakers

Postby purp n gold on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:25 am

FabFourLakers wrote:So it's time to break out my old KG twolves jersey (used to be a HUGE fan of his until he went to the CELTICS and became a huge DOUCHE!), and root HARD for the TWOLVES!

So true. I was a fan of KG even as a conference rival. It wasn't until Boston that he started acting like a jerk. I had his And-1 sneakers!
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Jellincon on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Welp HOU lost to PHX. We are now in full control of our own destiny. If/When we beat HOU tomorrow, the 7th seed is ours.
Jellincon

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:36 pm

it is amazing that if we beat Hou we can grab the 7th seed and avoid OKC in the first round. Lets get this done kids :bow:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby karacha on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:46 pm

Oh, they'll get it done. I have no doubt. Let Houston deal with OKC.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion