The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:50 pm

^that would be our best option for sure
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:53 pm

I'm optimistic we'll win tomorrow and then pull off an upset against the Spurs (I hate that team).
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Weezy on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:31 pm

Ok, that was a big win. We fought back, they took is to OT, and we still came out on top.Warriors, Grizzlies, Spurs, Rockets, those are quality wins to finish the season, I will admit that that is progress. And this was mostly without Kobe and Nash.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jellincon on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 pm

That was some championship level D to close it out in OT.
Jellincon

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Weezy wrote:Ok, that was a big win. We fought back, they took is to OT, and we still came out on top.Warriors, Grizzlies, Spurs, Rockets, those are quality wins to finish the season, I will admit that that is progress. And this was mostly without Kobe and Nash.

This was definitely a good way to end the last games of the season all things considered.

Optimistically I think we can make the first round a really tough series for San Antonio and we might even be able to pull out a win if things go our way. We've shown some truly great defense the last two games. The only thing we need now is for the offense to pick up a little.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Held the Rockets to 95 points in an OT game. Rockets straight rack up points on people. Impressive. :bow:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:50 pm

unlike most other teams, we have been playing this last string of games as intense, pressure-filled elimination games. every single one. carrying that mentality into the playoffs should hopefully be a smooth transition, and other teams might not have it yet. we can hopefully catch SA a little off guard and steal game 1.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:32 am

Jellincon wrote:That was some championship level D to close it out in OT.

Sure was. Just unbelievable. :jam2:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:29 am

I'm actually shocked at how little support our team is getting in this situation.

Boston in the 7th seed vs. New York is being given more of a chance than the Lakers in the same situation. Yes, we're missing Kobe but we've still got Howard (best Center in the game) and Pau who's playing like the best PF in the game right now. We're playing scrappy and we're fighting every second of the game.

Personally, I think we're going to win. But everyone else has written us off, including a lot of fans.

I feel like we have all forgotten that WE are the ones with a ton of momentum. WE are the ones who won 8-1. WE are the ones who just beat them less than a week ago.

THEY are the ones who are leaning on a run down Ginobili and Parker. THEY are the ones who just cut Stephen Jackson and added... Tracy McGrady. THEY are the ones who finished the season 3-7.

I mean, c'mon. We have a puncher's chance here at least. Why are so many people counting us out?

And if we win Game 1 all bets are off. If we can pull one of these first two games out (specifically the first), I think we take this series for sure. We have Home Court, we have the momentum, we have the heart.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:44 am

Steal Game 1 :jam2:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:15 am

Hell yeah we have a chance....it's just Laker hating at it's finest.

Keep truckin' :jam2:
Chillbongo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:15 pm

Im looking for a sweep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby dj vitus on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Technically we can still "sweep" them just as long as we win 4 in a row. :jam2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:27 pm

:man11:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Ebanks didn't get to squeeze his fat a** into a Laker jersey today. :jam2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Finwë on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Ebanks didn't get to squeeze his fat a** into a Laker jersey today. :jam2:

I read on twitter that D'Antoni actually put Hill among active players instead of him, even though Hill isn't cleared to play yet :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:14 pm

Another optimistic gem....

If we would have played OKC we would have lost by 41.

And then I would have been reduced to this...

Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Seriously if we could just hit 1/3 of our open shots we would have been right in this game. We just cannot hit shots...

Not bad, all things considered.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:21 pm

3 more games till this nightmare season ends...
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Nothing in this 1st game showed me that this is a series we can't win. They weren't that good we just played way below what we're capable of..
lakersin4

Postby LakerFanIam on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:57 pm

Liked the defensive effort... This team just can't score without Kobe & Nash being at like 30%.
LakerFanIam

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:23 am

I didn't get to see the game so maybe that is why I haven't dumped the team on the series after one loss. We missed open shots and maybe we don't ever make them but I'd like to think we will. The Spurs aren't playing well either and merely held serve in the first game. Id like to see how we respond in game 2.
puffyusaf#2

Postby S.R.05 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:32 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I didn't get to see the game so maybe that is why I haven't dumped the team on the series after one loss. We missed open shots and maybe we don't ever make them but I'd like to think we will. The Spurs aren't playing well either and merely held serve in the first game. Id like to see how we respond in game 2.

i did watch the game and i tend to agree with you. if nash hits the shots he's hit his whole career it's a completely different game

gotta think that was just a rusty performance from him and he, along with the rest of the troops, will be back with a purpose on wednesday night
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:27 am

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:I didn't get to see the game so maybe that is why I haven't dumped the team on the series after one loss. We missed open shots and maybe we don't ever make them but I'd like to think we will. The Spurs aren't playing well either and merely held serve in the first game. Id like to see how we respond in game 2.

i did watch the game and i tend to agree with you. if nash hits the shots he's hit his whole career it's a completely different game

gotta think that was just a rusty performance from him and he, along with the rest of the troops, will be back with a purpose on wednesday night

I really worried about Nash starting after not playing. Hindsight suggest having him come off the bench may have been a better idea. I really hope they show up next game. I won't get to see them play but I hope to wake up and see they won.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 am

Yeah, I'm not sure why so many people saw this last game as "oh man they're way better than us, they didn't even play well and they won, we have no chance".

What I saw was a Laker team that bothered them a LOT defensively (very consistent with our LAST outing against them) and a Spurs team that looks ripe for the picking. We just need one or two guys who are willing to take shots and make them. That's it.

If Nash hits 2 more shots (easy ones that he's used to making) and Metta and Meeks make just one more shot from outside we're down by 2 in the 4th. Or if Jamison takes/makes more than 1-3 shots.

C'mon now. Why is everyone so eager to give up on this team?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion