The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Magic Skywalker on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:49 pm

To be honest, my only optimism right now is that, with the way things are now, there is really nothing to lose.

I most definitely think it's impossible to win this series, but at least, if we're going down, if we're just a small fly with so many injuries, let's at least be the most annoying fly ever.

Let's hope the young guys will play with a lot of energy and pester de San Antonio Spurs as much as they can.

The reorganize, hopefully get some good role players this summer and prepare for a strong 2013-2014 season with everyone healthy.

I am honestly optimistic about our players recoveries. I know Kobe will come back strong, and this time we'll have more chemistry and Howard will be healthy.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby LooN3y on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:58 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
LooN3y wrote:I feel like this is deservent of the optimistic thread, I hate these guys, they're floppers, we should of damn had one of those guys

I loved them in the Eric Gordon era, hated them in cp3 era, but they''re an LA team I give them my best wishes
If we had hope till the Kobe injury then they damn sure have an opportunity as well.

I can't actually say what I mean, but something along the lines as we have another tea, in the playoffs for LA

I feel like a fool about how much faith n this team no matter how far we dropped.

Next year ftw

you know, i came in here to drop my optimistic thought going into tonight...something along the lines of 'a funny thing happened on the way to getting swept, the lakers won their home games and we now have a series'

and i read THIS crap

no offense homey but F(!) the Clippers AND all their fans...please take this garbage post elsewhere

i dont like them, i dont like their bandwagon fans, which were all laker bandwagon fans,

but its still an LA team, and i see your from LA too, just glad theres another team out there, but its not like img oing to watfch the games, if it isnt lakers im not emotionally there, ill watch if they get into the WCF or finals

i went to game 2 of the clippers vs grizzlies series (friend got 103 section row 6 for really cheap) and it just wasnt fun for me, i couldnt get into it.

but at least all is not lost for LA
LooN3y

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:10 pm

LooN3y wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
LooN3y wrote:I feel like this is deservent of the optimistic thread, I hate these guys, they're floppers, we should of damn had one of those guys

I loved them in the Eric Gordon era, hated them in cp3 era, but they''re an LA team I give them my best wishes
If we had hope till the Kobe injury then they damn sure have an opportunity as well.

I can't actually say what I mean, but something along the lines as we have another tea, in the playoffs for LA

I feel like a fool about how much faith n this team no matter how far we dropped.

Next year ftw

you know, i came in here to drop my optimistic thought going into tonight...something along the lines of 'a funny thing happened on the way to getting swept, the lakers won their home games and we now have a series'

and i read THIS crap

no offense homey but F(!) the Clippers AND all their fans...please take this garbage post elsewhere

i dont like them, i dont like their bandwagon fans, which were all laker bandwagon fans,

but its still an LA team, and i see your from LA too, just glad theres another team out there, but its not like img oing to watfch the games, if it isnt lakers im not emotionally there, ill watch if they get into the WCF or finals

i went to game 2 of the clippers vs grizzlies series (friend got 103 section row 6 for really cheap) and it just wasnt fun for me, i couldnt get into it.

but at least all is not lost for LA

i've said it here and to my friends; if it was Heat-Clippers, i would root for the Heat
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Not me. If it came down to Clips - Heat, which I believe it will. I hope Clips win.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby nthydro on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:01 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:

Next year ftw

and i read THIS crap

Amen to that brother. Can't stand the Clippers or their "fans"
nthydro

Postby BuzzerBeater on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:33 pm

May Pau value would be increased due to double doubles? lol
Attachments
post.jpg
post post post
BuzzerBeater

Postby thisbjgz on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:53 pm

Hoping this sweep that's about to happen makes Dwight he has SERIOUS work to do this off season...he needs to start from scratch on how to score in the post, once he's doubled it's pretty much a clank off the rim.
thisbjgz

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:25 pm

with the season coming to an end soon, ill finally be able to start going to the gym regularly again. thats about the only positive thing i have to say.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:28 pm

Hopefully we have seen the latest from a bunch of scrubs/washed up players with a Lakers jersey
wcsoldier81

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:49 pm

I'm optimistic about the offseason. If Phil is coming back i think that's a move they make right away. If that doesn't happen we have some good trade chips to improve the roster with & adapt to the new NBA. I hope we're seeing the last of Pau, Nash, Duhon, Morris, maybe MWP unless he opts out to take less. It's so obvious what type of players we lack that I don't know how we can get it wrong.

You have to think Pau's value is high in his expiring year after playing well to close the season. Nash could have value to a couple teams, maybe Phx or Toronto. Lowry would be great & Phoenix has some really nice pieces to compliment Dwight. I don't think we get Phx to give up Dragic without giving up Pau too, but that's worth looking at. They're really down on Beasley so they'd look at it as a plus to include him. Dudley would be a big upgrade over MWP with all the spot up 3's he'd get. Shannon barely played to close the season & seems to be on the outs there, he's probably another easy throw in that fits. PHX would still be 1M or so from the trade working & that's if they're willing to take on salary, they might want to include Scola too with Pau making him redundant. They're probably done with JO as well might as well add him in.

So Nash, Pau for Dragic, Beasley, Dudley, Shannon, Scola, JO. 6 for 2 is kinda crazy so send Ebanks, Sacre & Morris too, cheap young expirings they can afford to risk a season on in their position. It makes sense for Phx because they only have 4M of cap space & aren't even a playoff team. Nash, Pau, Gortat, Morris, Frye returning?, Johnson re-signed?.. They could stay as good/possibly improve on their season this year while shedding 5 long term contracts, & getting rid of 3 guys that they don't seem to want. They'd probably make more money since Nash would still be a huge draw there.

So why for us? Why give up having cap space in 14/15 for the role players from a lottery team? Maybe I'm crazy but the pieces seem to fit perfectly. Dragic is a great young PG that can be relied on for big minutes, can hit spot up 3's & isn't old & slow most importantly. Beasley, I know alot of you remember when this board was crazy for Beasley in the Pau to Minne talks.. I was one of those people & I still think he'd be a great fit for this team. Instant offense off the bench & quick enough to help with our problems in transition. Dudley is one of the better 3 point shooters in the game & plays solid defense, gives us a solid player at a position where we currently have no depth. Scola is basically diet Pau. I wanted no parts of him before he was amnesty'd but at 4M a season he's a great value. He'll do well as a stretch 4 next to Dwight. Shannon we all know.. Had his ups & downs with us but we need an affordable SG to step in while Kobe is hurt & split time with Meeks. JO looked pretty good when motivated this season & gives us a backup C for 15 minutes a game with Pau leaving. He's a headcase but we have a good track record with those type of guys. I think this deal gives us exactly what we need to contend next season. Maybe a minor deal & a couple FA signings away from contending. I want to see MWP do what he talked about & opt out to re-sign for cheap, he's a warrior & has a good bond with Kobe.

Dragic/Blake
(24)/Shannon/Meeks
Dudley/Beasley/MWP
Scola/(Clark?)/Hill/Jamison?
D12/JO

Adding Scola & getting Hill back brings up another interesting decision. If teams are going to overpay for Earl Clark, do we S&T him for a piece we could use? Unless we get offered a really good piece I'd like to bring Earl back & I think we can find minutes for all of our fowards. Dudley can play SG, Shannon can play PG. Hill can play C. Clark can play SF. This roster gives us so much depth & flexibility. We'd still potentially have the mini MLE to use along with a MLE sized injury exception if Kobe is out for the season. Am I crazy for thinking that team can win a title? Dragic isn't one of those guys that will score 10 PPG once he plays with other stars, I think he'd remain effective next to 24 & D12. Scola/Dragic/Dudley should provide great spacing with the starters & allow Dwight & Kobe to get theirs easily. Beasley & Shannon can both light it up off the bench, then you have Clark/Blake/Meeks/MWP/Hill/Jamison?/JO who can all be solid role players. I'd put this team against the HEAT in a 7 game series right now if 24 is healthy.

Excuse the length, reality of failure setting in.
lakersin4

Postby DarthRekal on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:42 pm

we can only take solace in the THOSE GUYS losing too... and GO KNICKS GO :jam2:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:16 pm

DarthRekal wrote:we can only take solace in the THOSE GUYS losing too... and GO KNICKS GO :jam2:

^^ Agreed. I'm actually beginning to root for Memphis in the west as well. Love how they are bludgeoning the Floppers today. Memphis is the only team I actually like somewhat in the west. But yeah, go Knicks.

In other words, since we're basically down and out, the enemies of my enemies are my friends.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby abeer3 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:18 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Hopefully we have seen the latest from a bunch of scrubs/washed up players with a Lakers jersey

yeah, one silver lining is that i think the lakers will try to employ younger, more athletic players next year.
abeer3

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:35 pm

The only positive I see is that I don't have to stay up all night for a few months just to see us get killed or seeing someone getting injured ...
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:49 pm

At least we're going to lose to a team that I respect and want our squad to be more like.

But more importantly, we got to see Kobe....and boy did we need to see that!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:33 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:At least we're going to lose to a team that I respect and want our squad to be more like.

+1
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Helljumper on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:34 pm

It's over. Quite possibly the worst season in franchise history is over. We've survived it.

We have nowhere to go but up.
Helljumper

Postby Jellincon on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:41 pm

At least we didn't stop fighting despite how crappy we were because of injuries. That's really all you could have asked for at this point.

May not have been a good job but good effort.
Jellincon

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Finwë wrote:
Vasashi17 wrote:At least we're going to lose to a team that I respect and want our squad to be more like.

+1

+2
Battle Tested20

Postby DanielBeltz24 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Very optimistic that I will be drunk typing on Club Lakers in a couple of hours....
DanielBeltz24

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:33 pm

Well at least we won't have to see MDA attempt to coach for six months. Hopefully we'll never have to see that again and management makes the smart decision. But at the very worse, we have six months free of that idiot.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby S.R.05 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:06 pm

i have a reason to get drunk :jam2:
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Lqv2015 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:09 am

What an abysmal season. Sad to see it's over but I'm optimistic the Lakers will be back next season. :jam2:

LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:22 am

warriors are very fun to watch. great series.
Ariza3

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:45 am

Ariza3 wrote:warriors are very fun to watch. great series.

This.

If Bogut can stay healthy for the playoffs and years to come they have a very bright future. nuff said, back to Lakers off-season optimistic views. Really wish July 1st was already here so we could get started with the normal rumors of who we might sign and where we get all excited haha.
Battle Tested20

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion