The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:19 am

optimism dead.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:43 am

Helljumper wrote:It's over. Quite possibly the worst season in franchise history is over. We've survived it.

We have nowhere to go but up.

^^ Very true. And again, I'm at least proud of the effort they put in to get to the playoffs this year after the ASB. I don't think there's too much shame losing to the Spurs of all teams when we were this depleted.

Here's hoping that next year is a much, much better year.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:13 am

Lakerjones wrote:
Helljumper wrote:It's over. Quite possibly the worst season in franchise history is over. We've survived it.

^^ Very true. And again, I'm at least proud of the effort they put in to get to the playoffs this year after the ASB. I don't think there's too much shame losing to the Spurs of all teams when we were this depleted.

This.

As the creator of this thread, I'm proud of it and of the people who came here to post their uplifting opinions. I know it's been probably the worst season in franchise history, but guess what? It can't get a whole lot worse. We can put it behind us and move forward now.

Here's to a fun summer where we get to see our team react to some real disaster.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:25 pm

at least i dont have to listen to Stu Lantz for a few months :jam2:
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby raviator on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Well despite the disastrous end to this season, I'm still gonna miss watching Laker basketball. Off season and next season can't get here soon enough. It'll be interesting to see how the front office reacts to all of this, if they can convince Dwight to resign, how they can bolster the roster. Meanwhile, got some good flicks coming out to keep me occupied....
raviator

Postby dj vitus on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:10 pm

I guarantee if we were all healthy, and the Spurs were all injured (outside of their own two bigs), we would have swept them instead.

Oh well, here's to a healthier '13-'14!
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby DarthRekal on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:45 pm

Go Kings Go! :jam2:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby gcclaker on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:51 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

This.

As the creator of this thread, I'm proud of it and of the people who came here to post their uplifting opinions. I know it's been probably the worst season in franchise history, but guess what? It can't get a whole lot worse. We can put it behind us and move forward now.

Here's to a fun summer where we get to see our team react to some real disaster.

Well, to those who can't...the Charlotte Bobcats need your time as fans.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby SpencerHarrison on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:16 pm

dj vitus wrote:I guarantee if we were all healthy, and the Spurs were all injured (outside of their own two bigs), we would have swept them instead.

Oh well, here's to a healthier '13-'14!

Yeah lol. Imagine Kobe, Nash, Blake, Howard, Pau, Jamison, MWP, Clark and Meeks against

No Parker, No Manu, No Red Mamba, etc. It would be a slaughter.
SpencerHarrison

Postby Finwë on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:22 pm

Since those guys are probably going down in 5, and the Clippers don't look like a real contender, let's just root against the Heat, who look like a team that could go on a good 3-peat.. I don't want any dynasties, and honestly, I deeply dislike many of their players
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby SpencerHarrison on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:29 pm

Finwë wrote:Since those guys are probably going down in 5, and the Clippers don't look like a real contender, let's just root against the Heat, who look like a team that could go on a good 3-peat.. I don't want any dynasties, and honestly, I deeply dislike many of their players

On this same line, imagine Miami's championship aspirations with LeBron and Wade out. It kind of puts things in perspective lol...

And yes, I would loathe to see Miami win. I want the Grizzlies all the way. Gasol dynasty
SpencerHarrison

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed May 01, 2013 2:28 am

Already excited for next season after watching all the exit interviews of the players and mitch. Even though there is a lot of uncertainty
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed May 01, 2013 3:46 am

I'm nowhere close to lose my passion for the Lakers despite the years of mediocrity we are about to witness
wcsoldier81

Postby lakersin4 on Thu May 02, 2013 10:12 pm

I'm optimistic that Nash can bounce back next season. When you've had constant injuries like he has this season that time to just get healthy can be huge. He can come into the season healthy & hopefully limit his minutes to keep it that way. I can see him developing good chemistry with D12 also.. They were both new guys this season so expecting them to adjust to a new team/system & also form great chemistry with each other might have been a bit too optimistic.
lakersin4

Postby Punk-101 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:14 pm

Best bump ever! :bang: :man12:
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Azndude2190 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm optimistic that we'll be one of, if not THE best team in 2-3 years.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby LakerFanIam on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Kobe won't have to spend his last years in Purple & Gold kissing Dwight's A$$...
LakerFanIam

Postby gill on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:05 pm

CAP SPACE IN 2014!!! HELL YEAH!! :jam2:
gill

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:10 pm

That's something to look forward to. And a deep draft. :jam2:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby LOSLAKERS on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:16 pm

I feel like despite a terrible season and aging bones, Kobe, Nash, and Pau are probably more motivated than ever. They know the window is closing but at the same time the Spurs showed that you can still do it old. Who knows maybe Dwight leaving will help chemistry too. It probably helped Kobe and Pau's relationship. It's also nice that we have a chance at some reunions :jam2:
LOSLAKERS

Postby Finwë on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:10 am

That's a MEAN bump, Punk. :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Helljumper on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:20 am

Well ****
Helljumper

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:43 am

LOSLAKERS wrote:I feel like despite a terrible season and aging bones, Kobe, Nash, and Pau are probably more motivated than ever. They know the window is closing but at the same time the Spurs showed that you can still do it old. Who knows maybe Dwight leaving will help chemistry too. It probably helped Kobe and Pau's relationship. It's also nice that we have a chance at some reunions :jam2:

I agree with you actually. I think the three of them (if they really want to stick around here) will be really focused going into this next season. They'll be more focused than ever in fact.

The difference between the Lakers old guys and the Spurs old guys though is a) health and b) having a group of solid young guys to ride there. We don't have that.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:49 am

It's nice to see this thread bumped. :man10:

I appreciate it even though I know it's mostly sarcasm.

Look obviously the Lakers are going to have a tough time this season, but that's okay. Dwight leaving was a great thing for this franchise. Every report I read shows less humility, more idiocy, and more immaturity. I think him leaving is a great thing. Now we start the rebuild this season and get a decent draft pick in a good draft as opposed to starting next season fully dependent on free agent signings.

As for all this doom and gloom around here, shape up ya'll. When you KNOW the going is tough, why complain about the going? It's over. Just accept it and make the most of it.

Hopefully Mitch finds a way to get one or two young guys to buy in and then fills the roster with old friends. It'd be nice to have a team we all enjoy rooting for even if they're not going to be very good.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:03 am

You know how to spot true losers in life? Those who want others to lose before anything. Who gives a crap if Miami wins? What exactly do they have to do with the Lakers? Nothing. Celtics I get, rivalry, same with Spurs. Even still, rooting for teams to lose, meh, loser life.
OX1947

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion