The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:27 pm

That was fun, I mean that was just plain fun. I hate the Floppers so much, so this was a big one for me. I'm just proud of our young guys, they played with so much pride. They clearly hear that we're 'gonna suck' and aren't going to make the playoffs and stuff this season, and for night they took it personal out there. CP3 looked like crap overall IMO, and I am thankful for that. :jam2:
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Barnstable on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:29 pm

This might be the first Lakers team I can remember where the bench ends up playing more minutes than the starters. I would not be opposed to that :jam2:
"league getting mitch-slapped"
User avatar
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14305
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Queens NY

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:32 pm

that's a record right ? 76 bench points ...
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby revgen on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:33 pm

This may be the best bench unit we've had since the 90's.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21723
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:36 pm

JayMarZZ ‏@JayMarZZ 4m
“@FOXSportsLive: The #Lakers 76 bench points tonight are the most for the franchise since 1988.

Yes...1988.”

For the love of god...
Retweeted by Roland Lazenby
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm

i can't wait to listen to am710 tmrw
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Weezy wrote:That was fun, I mean that was just plain fun. I hate the Floppers so much, so this was a big one for me. I'm just proud of our young guys, they played with so much pride. They clearly hear that we're 'gonna suck' and aren't going to make the playoffs and stuff this season, and for night they took it personal out there. CP3 looked like crap overall IMO, and I am thankful for that. :jam2:

This was great. This was what I was expecting.

I was telling anyone who would listen that this game was going to be close. No one believed me. I'm excited for this team and this season. You're right the young guys are going to be a ton of fun to watch.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:46 pm

I was expecting it to be a close game until the late 3rd, early 4th quarter, and then the Clipps would pull away, because that's how it went last season. I didn't expect the bench to play that well, to carry the preseason over to the regular season in the very first game (these are young guys, some on maybe their last chance, I expected nerves), and to outplay the starters by THAT much. Tomorrow should be interesting, hope those young legs are fresh on a back to back unlike our bench last season.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:46 pm

Ummm….. nice job Mitch :bow: :bow: :bow:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6501
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:49 pm

1st in the west right now
User avatar
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel
 
Posts: 20560
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:22 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby shoe on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:52 pm

LMAO, from real gm:

Doc Rivers in the locker room -

"Their starting five has still never beaten our starting five."
Image
User avatar
shoe

 
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:53 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Scnottaken on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:57 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Weezy wrote:That was fun, I mean that was just plain fun. I hate the Floppers so much, so this was a big one for me. I'm just proud of our young guys, they played with so much pride. They clearly hear that we're 'gonna suck' and aren't going to make the playoffs and stuff this season, and for night they took it personal out there. CP3 looked like crap overall IMO, and I am thankful for that. :jam2:

This was great. This was what I was expecting.

I was telling anyone who would listen that this game was going to be close. No one believed me. I'm excited for this team and this season. You're right the young guys are going to be a ton of fun to watch.

But it wasn't close. Clips got blown out :man9:
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
User avatar
Scnottaken

 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Phil Jackson ‏@PhilJackson11 31s
Fun to watch a team play with great emotion and purpose. Laker game was played for the faithful…now it’s on.
Expand
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:02 pm

Covering banners? Try covering the bench next time....
Image
User avatar
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 13008
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:38 am
Location: Anywhere Purple & Gold

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Phil Jackson ‏@PhilJackson11 31s
Fun to watch a team play with great emotion and purpose. Laker game was played for the faithful…now it’s on.
Expand

so apparently the zen master was in staples prior the game
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Feels amazing to beat the Clippers by double digits with all that smack they talk, especially beating them with our BENCH :man10:
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:14 pm

Scnottaken wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Weezy wrote:That was fun, I mean that was just plain fun. I hate the Floppers so much, so this was a big one for me. I'm just proud of our young guys, they played with so much pride. They clearly hear that we're 'gonna suck' and aren't going to make the playoffs and stuff this season, and for night they took it personal out there. CP3 looked like crap overall IMO, and I am thankful for that. :jam2:

This was great. This was what I was expecting.

I was telling anyone who would listen that this game was going to be close. No one believed me. I'm excited for this team and this season. You're right the young guys are going to be a ton of fun to watch.

But it wasn't close. Clips got blown out :man9:

:man9:

Hell yeah.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:30 pm

I have not been that excited through a Laker game in a while. What a great display. If that's any indication of how we can play, I'm stoked.

Is it just me or did our defense actually look good? :freak2:
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3242
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby LooN3y on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:31 pm

where can i watch post game interviews?
User avatar
LooN3y

 
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby dj vitus on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:33 pm

41 points in the 4th quarter. 18 offensive rebounds. WOW.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9481
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby crampledkid on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:37 pm

Chemistry plus enough talent.
User avatar
crampledkid

 
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:42 pm

Can't take away the emphasis of how much effort we played with tonight. We hung with the Clips and then eClipsed them in the 4th. I still think we are playing the wrong way, but I totally dig and appreciate the effort that is shown out there. The Lakers wanted it more and it showed...

That being said, the Clips played just as bad. I'm not sure if it will ever come to a Kobe vs Dwight scenario, but I can see CP3 losing patience in Blake. Dwight and Blake are cut from the same cloth....both can do the SportsCenter razzle dazzle, but are fundamentally flawed. Having those championship expectations, could be pretty heavy on Griffin and just like Dwight, he could buckle under the pressure of it.
Image
User avatar
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 13008
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:38 am
Location: Anywhere Purple & Gold

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby gcclaker on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:46 pm

^Reggie Miller made a telling comment late in the fourth after Griffin lost the ball on a post up move about how the Kia spokesman looked like he did not work on his game.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15202
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:48 pm

great chemistry and guys playing with passion and heart. LA natives being back and wanting to be here. young guys who can run and play both ends with a ton of energy and fire. great to see. dont expect these games everytime from the bench...but it was fun to see against the clippers esp after the banner thing
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:49 pm

gcclaker wrote:^Reggie Miller made a telling comment late in the fourth after Griffin lost the ball on a post up move about how the Kia spokesman looked like he did not work on his game.


:man10: :bow:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.