The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:01 pm

That's all we could have really asked for right? A hobbled Nash, an unreliable Gasol, and no Kobe and we're somehow at .500?

This team has performed at a solid B: above expectations.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:20 pm

I'll just quote myself. :man1:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:Each game we play I get more positive about this team. I know people want to scream we are lottery bound or we suck but the fact is this team is coming together. Right now we are learning to overcome mistakes in the 4th quarter. If memory serves me right 3 of our 6 losses have been about us not being able to execute late in the game. That comes with playing and getting the opportunity of making those plays. We are much better than people are giving credit for and I can see us rattling off some nice wins in a row soon. Also, Jodi Meeks and Steve Blake are balling right now.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby noobiew on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:31 pm

We would be Top 4 in the Eastern Conference standing, hahaha :man10:

The East is so freaking weak ! :disagree:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Scnottaken on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:27 am

noobiew wrote:We would be Top 4 in the Eastern Conference standing, hahaha :man10:

The East is so freaking weak ! :disagree:

Sad thing is we're tied for 3rd to last in the west. They need to change the playoff format to top 16 overall. Also, screw intentionally tanking. Such a weak move.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby LakerFan1235 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:51 am

^To be fair, we are only 3 games outta 3rd place in the west. Still early in the season. But yeah, I think we can all agree that after the top 3 of the east, it's a joke.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:11 am

LakerFan1235 wrote:^To be fair, we are only 3 games outta 3rd place in the west. Still early in the season. But yeah, I think we can all agree that after the top 3 of the east, it's a joke.

This is huge.

And yes the East is weak, but the West is also wide open. I don't see a single team that runs away with this thing right now.

I don't have faith in Minnesota and Portland. I don't fear OKC anymore. I don't fear the Clippers. Houston is mentally weak as all hell. I don't fear Dallas either. San Antonio is the best team like always, but I've always thought of them as a very good team that's consistent. They'll out last a great team that's too inconsistent, but they won't beat a great team. That's why they lost to Miami and that's why they lost to Los Angeles all those years ago. Are we that great team? No. Just making the point that they're not invincible either.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:34 am

therealdeal wrote:That's all we could have really asked for right? A hobbled Nash, an unreliable Gasol, and no Kobe and we're somehow at .500?

This team has performed at a solid B: above expectations.

Yes, very much so. The big questions to me now are about Kobe and Nash. I have a lot of faith in Kobe of course, but still we know nothing about how he'll truly be able to play. I think he'll be fine though. I think he'll have some rust and will have to have lost some athleticism, but this guy is the most superhuman player I've ever seen so I won't ever count him out. Nash on the other hand is beyond done it looks like. Really at this point I don't want to see him back in uni. Sounds so harsh to say, but I feel like D' Antoni has to play him out of loyalty but Blake and Farmar are just better now. I don't want to lose any time for either one of them. The team is clicking with those two in charge of the PG position. I don't see what Nash brings to the table any more. If Nash returns to the starting lineup I only see it hurting us. Very sad to say, but how I feel. I'd feel more optimistic if he retired!!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakerFan1235 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:53 pm

therealdeal wrote:
LakerFan1235 wrote:^To be fair, we are only 3 games outta 3rd place in the west. Still early in the season. But yeah, I think we can all agree that after the top 3 of the east, it's a joke.

This is huge.

And yes the East is weak, but the West is also wide open. I don't see a single team that runs away with this thing right now.

I don't have faith in Minnesota and Portland. I don't fear OKC anymore. I don't fear the Clippers. Houston is mentally weak as all hell. I don't fear Dallas either. San Antonio is the best team like always, but I've always thought of them as a very good team that's consistent. They'll out last a great team that's too inconsistent, but they won't beat a great team. That's why they lost to Miami and that's why they lost to Los Angeles all those years ago. Are we that great team? No. Just making the point that they're not invincible either.

Please don't say that's why they lost to Miami. They lost to miami because of a couple of rebounds lost and a missed free throw.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:03 pm

LakerFan1235 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

This is huge.

Please don't say that's why they lost to Miami. They lost to miami because of a couple of rebounds lost and a missed free throw.

San Antonio lost the series, but to do that Miami had to take advantage of missed opportunities. I'd argue those facts work in my favor. San Antonio was just a very good team and they couldn't be a great team down the stretch.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby SpencerHarrison on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:08 pm

For some reason, SA played insane ball in the playoffs. It was a vindication of Pops strategy all these years of managing minutes with an old starting roster. Despite the massive difference in youth, athleticism, and superstar talent, both teams were evenly matched. Ray Allen made the shot of his life to save the Heat, after Duncan played the game of his life to get it that close, and that's how sports work. And I HATED the Spurs last season. But they were evenly matched with Miami.
SpencerHarrison

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Kobe Laker4Life :jam2:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:23 pm

3-game win streak and got back to .500; The additions have Jordan Hill and Wesley Johnson have added, athleticism, speed, defense & rebounding in our starting lineup; as a result, our defense has gotten better. We have three games on the road; all three very winnable...optimistically, I see us going 3-0 and closing this month out 10-7...
lukewaltonsdad

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:19 pm

over 500
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:23 pm

We have had a tough schedule early, so to be over .500 with no Kobe is great IMO. Compared to last season it's hard not to feel positive about most things this season though. Last season we were constantly sliding down early, getting into that big hole of 8 or 9 games under .500, whichever it was.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:25 pm

gotta love how they never stop fighting
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby karacha on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:28 pm

We're not far from that 8th seed right now.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:44 pm

5 days break is going to be useful with SwaggyPD , Hill and Pau alll suffering "minor" injuries
wcsoldier81

Postby karacha on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:57 pm

^

They have to play on Sunday first. Hopefully, Hill will be alright.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Meeks + Young + Henry + Hill + Young + Johnson + Farmar + Kobe

We are missing two things.

A sidekick for Kobe
A big bruising defensive center to crash the glass with Hill
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby SK8 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:25 am

These guys are awesome, and the Wes is better and better every game :jam2: :bow:

best bench in NBA :man1:

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fa ... /7/pts/1-1
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby denimPortugal on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:49 am

Uncle Drew wrote:These guys are awesome, and the Wes is better and better every game :jam2: :bow:

best bench in NBA :man1:

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fa ... /7/pts/1-1

These 3...deserves a bow! :bow:
denimPortugal

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:21 am

Wow...9-8. And there's about 4 of those games that might have had a different verdict if 24 was out there doing his thing...either way, I believe we had the 2nd toughest schedule in the league and finished above .500 for the month of November; that is something that is a surprise to me. I feel good going forward. We're going to get better as we get our best player and this group continues to learn how to win together. These guys are playing hard every night and it gives us a fighting chance to win every night if we bring the right energy. Let's keep it going...
lukewaltonsdad

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:11 pm

And this team has fight!
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:49 am

We did it guys

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby karacha on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:56 am

If we can beat Portland today, that would be awesome.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion