The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby therealdeal on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:32 am

This team hanging around .500 is actually pretty amazing.

They have no real star on the team anymore, there's only one (former) All-Star in the rotation now, and there's not even a set rotation to begin with. The offense comes from the best match-up of the night usually which can be hard to find. Every night there's a new hero on this team of total misfits.

I love it. Hanging around .500 waiting for Kobe to come back is a real accomplishment for this team. I hope they keep it up.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Toklat on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:25 am

You are right about this being a team of misfits. Fortunately they are fitting here just fine which will make them even more loyal and determined to stay Lakers. The old boring entitlement basketball can't match these Lakers for excitement and enjoyment of watching then play. "Stay thirsty my friends"
Toklat

Postby Azndude2190 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:33 am

Wow, if we were in the East, we would be the third seed team. :freak2:
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby karacha on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Azndude2190 wrote:Wow, if we were in the East, we would be the third seed team. :freak2:

Best team after IND and MIA. Sad, really.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:23 pm

the fellas had every reason to just roll over early in the game. but they fought back not once, but twice. gritty play, never quitting. mistakes were made, but that happens. i just love that they fought hard and nearly came away with a win. farmar hurt, hill limited, pau sucking all didn't help the cause. but this is the least upset about a loss i've been in a long time.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:25 pm

They definitely have picked up a "don't quit" attitude, that alone is enough to make me more proud of this team than last season's team.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:26 pm

Love these boys. We just need a guy who can make the "killer" play to close games.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:00 pm

That was a fun loss, if there is such a thing.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:32 pm

wish we won that game after coming back in the 4th but these guys are playing with a TON of passion and heart. constantly cheering eachother on and never giving up. Sometimes they get minutes and sometimes they dont but they go out there and play hard. I cant complain much about this kobe-less team being .500 and playing this hard. every team has weak spots but they're playing very well and im honestly happy with what theyve done bc they are really a good group of young guys rooting eachother on and getting fired up on a nightly basis.

Portland is a very good team this year and being down 3 with less than a minute left after being down 20 without kobe or nash and pau shooting 3-15 is pretty damn impressive. like above this was a fun loss and i wish it was a win but im not mad at all.
Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:23 am

Weezy wrote:They definitely have picked up a "don't quit" attitude, that alone is enough to make me more proud of this team than last season's team.

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Love these boys. We just need a guy who can make the "killer" play to close games.

Two great points. This is another game I'd say that if we had Kobe we probably win. Not just because Kobe can make the last shot but because he knows how to win games in general. These young kids are trying to figure it out, but they're not quite there. Down the stretch the offense breaks down and the defense makes a mistake and we don't get to that last rebound... Kobe fixes all those problems (maybe not defense...)

I think Kobe on the roster helps us win against San Antonio, Memphis, and Washington as well. We could easily be 13-5 if we had a legitimate Champion with heart on the team. It was supposed to be Nash and Pau... that's not working out.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:14 pm

I think Young instead of Meeks in the last 2:00 minutes would have done it.

Meeks was FANTASTIC energy off the bench. Hitting shots, making plays. But when it came down to that group, there wasn't a shot creator or playmaker. They were making plays, but a lot of it was in the heat of a comebeack, and on broken plays. When it gets close like that, and the game slows down, these guys are too inexperienced to make those type of decisions in a half court set.

I wished MDA saw that that group was struggling to execute and put Blake and Young in to finish it out. When they got in, they were cold.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Finwë on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:45 pm

karacha wrote:
Azndude2190 wrote:Wow, if we were in the East, we would be the third seed team. :freak2:

Best team after IND and MIA. Sad, really.

I know this is the wrong thread, but that's just ridiculous. The NBA should change the format and just have the best 16 teams in the league in general make the playoffs.
I don't think there's truly a "conference identity", or that traveling arrangements would be really problematic. There's no reason to keep this up.
Most of the teams in the East SUCK. It's unfair that teams that are playing good basketball miss the playoffs and teams that lose more often than not make it.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:51 pm

^^^^Been that way since 99'. Eastern Conference has 1 or 2 good teams and the rest are either average or terrible.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:52 pm

i dont care that we're .500..i LOVE the way these guys battle...it's really easy to root for this squad
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Juronimo on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:59 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:i dont care that we're .500..i LOVE the way these guys battle...it's really easy to root for this squad

They are fun to root for, that's for sure. The record can't be helped, that's a talent issue. As hard as we played yesterday, Portland's superior talent won out.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Juronimo wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:i dont care that we're .500..i LOVE the way these guys battle...it's really easy to root for this squad

They are fun to root for, that's for sure. The record can't be helped, that's a talent issue. As hard as we played yesterday, Portland's superior talent won out.

Im not sure I agree with the "talent" thing at all. We have the talent for sure. What we lack is the go-to guy that can really carry a team when needed. Portland got 2 short shotclock 3's that basically won them the game. We had a young X attack the basket and turn it over trying to get it to Sacre and then Meeks turn over making a pass (I think) that allowed Portland to extend their lead. Portland got lucky with that horrible call on WIlliams so-called fouling Lillard which should of been a no call at best. I'm not sure we don't win that game if have Wes and Williams in the game late. Both fouled out. Portland won but I don't give them the the superior talent thing.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby strategos on Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:03 am

Didn't know where to put this but it seems optimistic so...

strategos

Postby karacha on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:37 am

That just shows you that NBA is scripted.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:07 am

I'd bet my house and everything I own Mia doesn't get swept in the 2nd rd this season :man10: unless of course the entire big 3 is out even than I still take my chances that Mia wins at least 1 game against any East team not in top 3 :man10:
khmrP

Postby strategos on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:16 pm

^well, me to, but one can dream :man1:
strategos

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:18 pm

damn Stern! :man10:
puffyusaf#2

Postby karacha on Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:22 pm

khmrP wrote:I'd bet my house and everything I own Mia doesn't get swept in the 2nd rd this season :man10: unless of course the entire big 3 is out even than I still take my chances that Mia wins at least 1 game against any East team not in top 3 :man10:

I agree with this. I can see them lose, but as long as Bron is healthy, he can win at least one game by himself.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:25 pm

strategos wrote:Didn't know where to put this but it seems optimistic so...

pretty crazy how scripted that looks :man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:11 pm

Backstage Lakers - Kobe and Lakers Celebrates Thanksgiving!

damn, the chemistry is sure impressive with this group of guys. I love this team... Kobe is just too funny and competitive. I love the game that Kobe plays with the football. Pretty cool

And Pau, the ping pong master, :man10: that reach is insane.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:43 pm

I'm happy that we have a game tonight in this HAPPY thread. :jam2: 5 days between sucks donkey balls.
LTLakerFan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion