The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:57 am

after watching backstage lakers episode 11 you can really see that these guys have great chemistry and genuinely like eachother and root for eachother. they play hard for eachother and its only a matter of time before things are clicking again and guys are healthy and we'll be okay
Ariza3

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Something that should be very encouraging for us going forward...

Just as he is being honored by Kia Motors and the NBA with the November Community Assist Award in recognition of his charitable efforts and contributions in the community, the rumor mill keeps churning out trade talk that the Grizzlies are looking to find him a new home. The latest has him going to the Pelicans for Ryan Anderson. “Go figure,” Z-Bo said following the Grizzlies shootaround at New Orleans Arena on Friday.

“Memphis is a place that I’ve come to love and call home and it’s where I would definitely like to retire. I haven’t made any secret of that. Everybody out there knows how I feel. “I look at it like this: I understand it’s a business. I really do understand that. This is a small market team and money plays a factor. I understand all that. It’s different now. I don’t know if it’s just changes in (salary cap) rules or just a change in the way of the world. Like I said, it’s a business. NBA.com

“But yeah, it bothers me. It hurts a little bit. I can’t deny that. But it goes to show you that there ain’t no loyalty in this game. It seems like you only get loyalty in certain organizations. You see it in winning organizations like the Spurs, the Lakers, the Heat.

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.rPr7SxCq.dpuf

It's just one player, but at least our organization is still being mentioned as a winning organization that doesn't do their players dirty.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby karacha on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:40 pm

Come on, pair the Gasol brothers in Memphis. Who wouldn't want to see that on the basketball court, right? :man1:

:man13:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:16 am

the grizzlies should just give us marc gasol, zach randolph, and mike conley for like.....ryan kelly
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Does Pau for Z-bo work? How many years are left on randolph's contract? Though z-bo is slow, I think his jump shot could work well in d'antoni's offense.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:31 pm

LakerFan1235 wrote:Does Pau for Z-bo work? How many years are left on randolph's contract? Though z-bo is slow, I think his jump shot could work well in d'antoni's offense.

19 million dollar player option for next season. I'd trade for him if he would decline that and resign him for cheaper. Not if he's going to keep that option though.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:39 pm

Hmm 1 more year of that contract wouldn't be the worst thing... Though it kills our flexibility for carmelo. lol
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby kenzo on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:40 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
LakerFan1235 wrote:Does Pau for Z-bo work? How many years are left on randolph's contract? Though z-bo is slow, I think his jump shot could work well in d'antoni's offense.

19 million dollar player option for next season. I'd trade for him if he would decline that and resign him for cheaper. Not if he's going to keep that option though.

He'll keep it. I know i would :man9:
kenzo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:48 pm

I am a big fan of Z-Bo since he left NY.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:58 pm

We'd have our enforcer back. Z-Bo: "I'm good with my hands" :boxing1: :man1:
LTLakerFan

Postby karacha on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:23 pm

I am a fan of Z-Bo too. He's a tough guy. Very expensive too... he's not exactly young either. Yet, I think he performs right around his career average still. He's not slowing down at all.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:28 am

I'll take one more year of Z-Bo over additional years of Gasol and/or 4 years of Carmelo ...

To limit our cap space (just) for next season may be the best thing to prevent our FO to keep our franchise irrelevant on a mid-term basis .
wcsoldier81

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:08 am

Quick positives from last night's game.

10 blocks.
Only 7 3PT FGM.
Pau.
Only 14 turnovers.
Chillbongo

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:08 pm

Chillbongo wrote:Quick positives from last night's game.

10 blocks.
Only 7 3PT FGM.
Pau.
Only 14 turnovers.

Sacre's defense on Z-Bo.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby LOSLAKERS on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:41 am

57 games to go - maybe Kaman can play in a couple of those
LOSLAKERS

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:55 pm

my Optimism is a weeeeeeeee bit looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww right now.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby karacha on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:34 pm

I am a fan of K. Marshall. He'll do well with this team.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:48 pm

karacha wrote:I am a fan of K. Marshall. He'll do well with this team.

I'll take your word for it and thusly will increase my optimism a tad bit
puffyusaf#2

Postby trodgers on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:50 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
karacha wrote:I am a fan of K. Marshall. He'll do well with this team.

I'll take your word for it and thusly will increase my optimism a tad bit

I'm on the bandwagon.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:48 pm

It's hard to find optimism today...but when Kobe was out, we managed to do pretty well. Farmar is coming back and we signed another PG who if at least least bring the ball up and intitate the offense, then I'd say we're doing pretty good...lol. WTS, all is not lost. We have some keepers on this team that we can continue to develop and as a result have a decent shot to form one of the better benches in the league if we can keep them together...
lukewaltonsdad

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Proud of these guys. Keep fighting. :jam2:
Doc Brown

Postby karacha on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:05 pm

Great win today. We were great on offense, sharing the ball, shooting 3, dunking, fast breaking.

Defense was better in the 2nd half too. Guys look good without Kobe, which is encouraging. Back to 50% ball.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:11 pm

Uplifting win today in spite of the recent tragedy.

Got nothing negative to say...even towards the coach. Great win up and down...but still, I hope we start...

#PlaynSorry4Jabari :man1:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Team played loose, not tentative. They did not panic and held the Wolves below the century mark.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Watching the Lakers vs Boston Christmas game after the 08 finals. Man watching these boys ball reminds me of how much I love the Lakers. Pau is beasting the last 3 minutes. The block Pau puts on the Ray Allen 3 that leads to An Ariza reverse dunk with 1:12 left was amazing. Kobe is balling. Ariza is making plays. Drew and Odom and Fish doing work.

What the hell does this have to do with the Optimism thread? I always believe in the Lakers ability to get back to doing what we do best winning games.
puffyusaf#2

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion