The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby solenstyle on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Just lock this thread. There's no point anymore.

solenstyle

Postby Punk-101 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Nash is gonna fix everything! Nash is gonna fix everything! Nash is gonna fix everything! Nash is gonna fix everything! Nash is gonna fix everything! Nash is gonna fix everything! Nash is gonna fix everything! Nash is gonna fix everything! Nash is gonna fix everything! Nash is gonna fix everything! Nash is gonna fix everything!
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby dmaul on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:06 pm

I wasn't the one who spent 100 mil on this garbage. That's a bright side for me.
dmaul

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:17 pm

dmaul wrote:I wasn't the one who spent 100 mil on this garbage. That's a bright side for me.

Lol was going to say the same thing.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:23 pm

I think all of this adversity will pull these guys together to create that magical and most wanted thing in the NBA: chemistry.

All of the prognosticators said not to expect the Lakers to be very good at the beginning of the season ... I remember Hollinger being one of those talking heads. Think about all the issues the Lakers have had to deal with:

Coaching change
Players out with injury including top two PGs and starting PF
Learning another new offense in the last several months

It will take time and I am hopeful that it will come together this season. This group has too much talent for it not to come together.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby basilhayden on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Well, at least I will be able to do more productive things come playoff time... :jam2:
basilhayden

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:39 pm

I still have hope in this team. They're being so damn inconsistent right now, flashes of greatness here and there but just haven't been able to put it together.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby LakerFanIam on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:44 pm

basilhayden wrote:Well, at least I will be able to do more productive things come playoff time... :jam2:

I'm spending more time with my family & getting more work done because I have no interest in watching this train wreck...
LakerFanIam

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Kobe shot well again 16/28. Dwight 20 rebounds and 13/22 from FT.
Ariza3

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:47 pm

The Rock wrote:I still have hope in this team. They're being so damn inconsistent right now, flashes of greatness here and there but just haven't been able to put it together.

They aren't even inconsistent anymore, that's what is scary. They've been consistently bad since the Orlando game and seem to be getting worse.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:51 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
The Rock wrote:I still have hope in this team. They're being so damn inconsistent right now, flashes of greatness here and there but just haven't been able to put it together.

They aren't even inconsistent anymore, that's what is scary. They've been consistently bad since the Orlando game and seem to be getting worse.

How about we see our entire team before we close the books on them? They are inconsistent because Mitch put this team together as led by Kobe/Pau/Dwight/Nash, right now those 4 have played 6 quarters together with guys who are supposed to be role players like Duhon and Jamison playing bigger roles than they should. Of course they would look inconsistent.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:02 pm

Came out of halftime with the right energy effort and mindset but that only lasted the 3rd quarter.
Ariza3

Postby Finwë on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:04 pm

They are consistently inconsistent?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:07 pm

The Rock wrote:

How about we see our entire team before we close the books on them? They are inconsistent because Mitch put this team together as led by Kobe/Pau/Dwight/Nash, right now those 4 have played 6 quarters together with guys who are supposed to be role players like Duhon and Jamison playing bigger roles than they should. Of course they would look inconsistent.

I think you missed my point

They were inconsistent earlier because they were blowing out teams and putting up some super impressive numbers, but still had trouble winning against teams they should have been beating.

Now they are just getting flat out smoked by everyone and they don't even look like an NBA team. That's not inconsistency, that's just a sign of a really terrible team.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:18 pm

8 turnovers in the first quarter really just got the ball rolling in the wrong way and couldnt recover. We come out with the same energy and effort like the 3rd quarter tonight and TAKE CARE OF THE BALL we can win.

Guys gotta make their shots too. Its just an effort and energy thing as well as getting used to eachother. 3 different guys have now started with Dwight and before that 3 different guys played with Sacre. Guys just gotta build some chemistry and unity with the player next to them and have eachothers back
Ariza3

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:22 pm

The Rock wrote:

I think you missed my point

They were inconsistent earlier because they were blowing out teams and putting up some super impressive numbers, but still had trouble winning against teams they should have been beating.

Now they are just getting flat out smoked by everyone and they don't even look like an NBA team. That's not inconsistency, that's just a sign of a really terrible team.

how are we getting smoked? We lost today to CLE (which we have won only once in 9 years), with too many FTs missed and turnovers. We lost last week in the ORL/HOU because we didn't have an answer for hack a Dwight. We lost to the OKC game they were better (I'll accept that loss), Sunday we flat out got beat. Youre just exaggerating.

Our bench has improved significantly from last year to the start of this year to now
Our 3 pt% has improved significantly from last year to the start of this year to now

RIght now we're missing 2 huge pieces to the puzzle. They were built by Mitch to be big contributors day in and day out and right now they're not playing. We're thrusting role players into bigger roles and hence the losses, we're being competitive, we just cant put together a comprehensive 48 where we control the game and that has a lot to do with 2 of our 4 best players being out

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:29 pm

We've lost 5 out of our last 6 games. We were down by 15 today, down by a similar number against Utah, 20 against OKC, blew a double digit lead against Houston, and blew a lead in the 4th to go down by double figures against the Magic

There was no excuse for losing at home on Sunday to a 3-9 road team and there was no excuse to lose today when they should have been super motivated to kill this 4-17 Cavs team.

This shouldn't be happening. Every game since the Denver win they've just gotten progressively worse.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Except we're losing the same damn fashion, what is so hard to see? Free throws and turnovers are killing us. IF we clean that up we should be alright and we have the two dudes who can help us out in Nash and Pau, if you guys dont think we dont have the tools to address this team's needs then maybe you're just not getting it

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:34 pm

If the Wizards can accept their talent level as a team without their best player and beat the Heat we should be able to be better than this. They played hard for 48 mins, the played for eachother, and they played with purpose.

We have to play with purpose...play with something on the line, play with fire from tip off. I've yet to see that. Its frustrating that these guys are getting paid millions of dollars and continue to play without energy from tip off. Its understandable in the end of a game when you're tired from playing hard all game, but not when the game just started.

Its mental now and guys need to wake up. We do that and come out with intensity on both ends while playing smart for 48 mins and we'll win. 2/4 of our stars and we still have enough talent to beat teams if we actually play the way we should
Ariza3

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Early in the game Dwight's FT's missed and turnovers killed us. So if you look at Dwight's % overall (13-22 59% his career average) in the end it was great for him. But the team missing 10 of 18 FT's in the first half is really what killed us along with turnovers.

BUT even with that overall if:
-Kobe makes just 1 more FT (8-10 instead of 7-10), Metta makes 3/4 instead of 1-4...that's 3 points right there.
-We turn the ball over just 6 times in the first quarter instead of 8...that's 4 points right there.

Total 7 points...we lost by 6. Even with our terrible FT shooting, turnovers, and defense in the first half. If those little things were changed we win. This team has so much talent and ability were just playing bad basketball. Stupid mental lapses on D or lazy ball handling/passes as well as inefficient plays like Dwight iso post ups with everyone standing around.

Just gotta play better out the gate with purpose and effort and then we wont have to fight the entire game. Fighting back to within 3-4 and then they hit a 3 or get fouled on an and-1 and it kills the team mentally. We gotta get off the better starts and come out right for each quarter and finish it right
Ariza3

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:51 pm

“@KevinDing: Gut feeling coming out of Lakers' locker room tonight: They've finally bottomed out and are ready to fight back.”
Ariza3

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:13 pm

hooray we've hit rock bottom :man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:15 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:hooray we've hit rock bottom :man10:

This made me laugh. Thanks for that. Another optimistic thing is I'm not on suicide watch, yet...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:32 pm

I hope that pick we owe to Pho is lottery protected
khmrP

Postby Finwë on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:10 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:hooray we've hit rock bottom :man10:

We play the Knicks on Thursday and then the Wiz on Friday (I think). We can still go down the embarrassment ladder a bit further
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion