The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:32 pm

For our game vs the Knicks there's some good and bad based off their game vs the Nets.

Good:
-We beat the Nets.
-Kidd shouldn't shoot 6/8 from 3
-Melo shouldn't score 45 on 15/24 from the field
-MWP might slow Melo down a bit in the post

Bad:
-Felton isn't gunna have 3pt/7ast/7TO/5PF (3-12 FG)
-Novak isn't gunna have 0pts (0-1 3PT) in 21 mins
-No one can guard Melo of the dribble...
-Tyson defending Dwight who's struggling on post ups already against subpar defender
-Brewer and Copeland will probably score a bunch as our D won't prep properly for them
-Only had 10 turnovers and forced 12...that means a lot forced vs us.
-Our 4 starers against Nets were:
MWP-17/8r
Pau-17/11r/8a
Dwight-23/15r/4b (8-11)
Kobe-25/5a (8-15)

10 total TO's for them 4
53% FG

Dont think they'll play that well against Knicks and don't think that will happen if Jamison doesn't start and Hill does.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4701
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:14 am

This is the optimistic thread, if you're not going to be opimtistic then get the f*** out. This thread is for thus of us that support our team through and through and will search for the good in them. Even if it takes a long time to find and even if it's difficult to do so.

There's plenty of threads to complain in and be down in and predict the Lakers doom in. This isn't one of them.

And with that:
This team is so talented it's difficult for me to figure out why they're dragging their feet around the court. I see consistent effort on both sides from three people: Dwight, Meeks, and Hill. That's it. The others talk about it and they say things need to change, but they're not changing them. It's like they all forgot how to win.

But that to me is the good news because this team is so talented that they're GOING to turn this around. They just need to get healthy and they need a push in the right direction. I don't know where that push will come from or when, but something is going to get these guys fired up again. They're not losing because they lack the ability to win, they're losing because they lack the fire to do what's necessary to win.

That's not easily fixable, but it is something that can be fixed. Health is the first step which makes being a Laker fan tough right now. But I have faith that things will turn soon.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby DarthRekal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:21 pm

im optimistic that realdeal has enough optimism for me too :jam2:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
User avatar
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster
 
Posts: 21607
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:44 pm
Location: In The Refridgerator

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 pm

I've always been a silver-lining guy, and it's my time to shine because that lining is getting thin! :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby gcclaker on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:31 pm

I do think they will get better when EVERYONE is back healthy. Howard is still not himself. Nash is out. Gasol is out. It really has caused massive repercussions in the rotations and stunted developing cohesion. The bigger question, is how LONG will it take for them to get it together and how large a hole will they have to climb out of? Even if the squad does not have home court advantage in the playoffs in the latter rounds [maybe the first?], they have the components to pull off a crucial road victory.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15201
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Knicks just lost, and the Lakers have their backs against the wall.

A win at MSG on national TV I hope will spark this team back, get Pau and Nash back.

Have faith in this slow start, we'll get there.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9920
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:49 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Knicks just lost, and the Lakers have their backs against the wall.

A win at MSG on national TV I hope will spark this team back, get Pau and Nash back.

Have faith in this slow start, we'll get there.


Knicks won bro
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Finwë on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:06 pm

therealdeal wrote:This is the optimistic thread, if you're not going to be opimtistic then get the f*** out. This thread is for thus of us that support our team through and through and will search for the good in them. Even if it takes a long time to find and even if it's difficult to do so.

There's plenty of threads to complain in and be down in and predict the Lakers doom in. This isn't one of them.

And with that:
This team is so talented it's difficult for me to figure out why they're dragging their feet around the court. I see consistent effort on both sides from three people: Dwight, Meeks, and Hill. That's it. The others talk about it and they say things need to change, but they're not changing them. It's like they all forgot how to win.

But that to me is the good news because this team is so talented that they're GOING to turn this around. They just need to get healthy and they need a push in the right direction. I don't know where that push will come from or when, but something is going to get these guys fired up again. They're not losing because they lack the ability to win, they're losing because they lack the fire to do what's necessary to win.

That's not easily fixable, but it is something that can be fixed. Health is the first step which makes being a Laker fan tough right now. But I have faith that things will turn soon.

I feel like your first 2 paragraphs were kinda directed at me for my post. I get your point, you are right about this being the wrong thread. I didn't even realize what thread it was; sometimes I open like 12 tabs at the same time and go back and forth and I don't really pay attention at which thread is which.

Regarding the rest of your post, I hope you are right! I am optimistic too, I have my concerns, but deep down I feel like they will turn it around, though I must admit I'm less convinced with every loss. Still, circumstances have been against us all season, and we have yet to see what the real thing looks like.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:32 pm

I had no clue who I was referring to :man10: I was just making a statement.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Finwë on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 pm

:man10: OK
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:13 pm

:ball6:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:14 pm

I was optimistic there was going to be a war of words..........
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19457
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Legendary on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:24 am

Image
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby jbiggs on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:33 am

lakerswiz wrote:Still got Kobe.


this x 24
420
KOBE FOR LIFE
User avatar
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:31 am
Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby revgen on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:29 pm

We made FT's. That's the only real reason we managed to be in the game towards the end.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21735
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard. That's all to be optimistic about.

Everyone else sucks.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby JGC on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:35 pm

revgen wrote:We made FT's. That's the only real reason we managed to be in the game towards the end.


fouling melo hard helped =)
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Nashty Gal on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:47 pm

we looked good in uniform
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
User avatar
Nashty Gal

 
Posts: 2412
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:01 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby dj vitus on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:48 pm

We're tanking for Shabazz.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9481
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby JGC on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:53 pm

If we win on Friday, then we can talk about how we are baaaaaack.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby Magic Skywalker on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:58 pm

dj vitus wrote:We're tanking for Shabazz.


Ehm... I'm sorry for saying this on this topic but... we gave our first round pick to the Suns (if it's a lottery pick) or the Cavs (if it's not, and they decide to swap with the Suns).
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
User avatar
Magic Skywalker

 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby borri on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:00 pm

JGC wrote:If we win on FRI, then we can talk about how we are baaaaaack.


Fixed.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:07 pm

wizards beat the heat. we beat the wizards. therefore we are better than the heat.

optimistic logic. :man12:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10416
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby dj vitus on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:10 pm

Magic Skywalker wrote:
dj vitus wrote:We're tanking for Shabazz.


Ehm... I'm sorry for saying this on this topic but... we gave our first round pick to the Suns (if it's a lottery pick) or the Cavs (if it's not, and they decide to swap with the Suns).

No need to apologize. :beer: I think it's top 14 protected. At least, according to NBAdraft.net.

SHABAZZZZZZZZ! :jam2:
Last edited by dj vitus on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9481
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Re: The Optimistic Thread! (TRD's FREEDOM THREAD!)

Postby borri on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:10 pm

Imagine how bad it would be if after we got Nash.....we DIDN'T trade for Howard.

Morris
Kobe
Sacre
Hill
MWP
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 16 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.